Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Rapid Fire is not what's locking MM into a single builds. Go look at the MM talents. The only one out of all of them that is remotely hurt by the existence of Rapid Fire is Steady Focus, which is frankly a dreadfully-designed talent in its current incarnation and nothing like what it used to be (it could actually be decent if it were like the old version). Every other tier is dominated by 1 talent due to poor talent design or tuning. Careful Aim, for example, is a formerly-baseline talent that's critical to how the spec works. This rules out Explosive Shot and Volley as valid options. Same goes for Master Marksman to an extent: it's different to the old Master MM but it's necessary for the function of the spec so Murder of Crows and Serpent Sting are ruled out as valid options. Some of this will get better next expansion. Some will stay the same or get worse (capping Barrage targets will forever end that ability's usefulness in all situations, further cementing Double Tap as the best option). Not having spare GCDs is not MM's problem. The existence of Arcane Shot is precisely for filling the spare GCDs the spec has. In fact, the focus Rapid Fire gives adds flexibility to MM. The problem is lazy, rushed talent design.

It is very hard to come up with unique and compelling abilities for a spec based on physical damage. Rapid Fire is fun to use and feels impactful, especially after following an Aimed Shot. I'll be damned if we lose this ability because some forum warrior doesn't like its animation and makes up 100 fake excuses as to why it's a terrible thing that undermines the spec.
    I mean... I easily think Piercing Shot would've fitted that, the cleave damage would've great if implemented.

It's possible, however, the current class devs are creatively bankrupted and done nothing but made questionable decisions after Legion. It took them 3 years to fucking fix Explosive Shot after Legion, the devs are clueless as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Rapid fire is available way too often. Had the cooldown on it been something more like 45second-1min, then it could be a more properly impactful and satisfying ability. Currently you struggle to even use it consistently on cooldown. Yes, that is partially because of all the Azerite abilities that reset the cooldown, trueshot and Skitra bow, but still.
    Ignoring my points and repeating exactly what you said is not a good argumentative strategy. You're just flat-out wrong here. MM has plenty of spare GCDs. It is very easy to keep Aimed Shot recharging and Rapid Fire on CD. Outside of that it's literally just building with SS and spending with AS.

Have you used Trueshot recently? The cast time on Rapid Fire is atrocious. You waste an Aimed Shot charge just in the time it takes you to finish channeling.
    Reaplce it with something else, or at least make the cooldown longer.
    Or just... you know... make Trueshot reduce Rapid Fire's channel time like it should? The easy solution was right there in front of you but you ignored it just so you could be as obtuse as possible about Rapid Fire.

Would MM be better if Rapid Fire was replaced completely with Chimaera shot?
    I have been wondering whether one of the main problems with MM in BfA is Rapid Fire. As has been discussed before, it is not a fun or interesting ability to use except as a vehicle for Trick Shots. Not ot mention it might as well have been on life support the entirety of BfA, being the only DPS ability to get Azerite Traits after launch.

Would anyone miss Rapid Fire if it was gone? Obviously if we just remove it and nothing else the already anemic rotation is drained a bit further, but it would also free up the GCD to more inventive builds.
    Which lead me to Chimaera shot. It has not been a part of the rotation since WoD, and while I don't like it doing nature/frist damage I do like the ability conceptually.
    If we replaced Rapid Fire with Chimaera shot does anyone else think the spec would be better? And by replace I essentially mean the treatment Barbed shot got for Dire beast, where we just replace it in the talent tree, allowing players who truly enjoyed it to replace Chimaera shot with it again.
    Without an ability like Rapid fire or Marked shot which we had in Legion, MM have 0 aoe pressure and damage
    Marked shot in Legion is what made me play MM and made me have fun

The real problem is that there wasnt even any problem in Legion, but when they changed Marked shot into Rapid fire they created new problems since Marked shot was viable on 2 targets and also was not dependet on a primary target in order for rest of the damage to occur

For example, if the main target has some kind of dodge/immunity defensive up the entire rapid fire CD goes to waste. This is completely flawed and never happend with Marked shot since all other targets got hit regardless of the main target

Why do people dislike Rapid Fire?
    It looks cool and it fits well

If Rapid fire gets removed i drop Marksmanship. I don't know why people love the boring aimed shot so much. If you want a caster there are many other options.

Double tap with streamline (especially after a multi-shot) is the most fun thing about Marksmanship. Aimed shot is the ability that is boring and feels terrible. It should become more like the artifact ability we had in Legion and have some synergy. Arcane shot is not very exciting either. Abilities need more synergy. Removing the only good ability is not gonna fix anything.

With that said, i do agree that the animation of Rapid shot can be better. They should make it faster so it feels more impactful.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-03 at 10:49 PM.

Well first of all the animation is 100% pure garbage looking. Your character looks stupid as hell shooting that fast and the projectiles look like super missiles from the original Nintendo's 1980's Metroid game.

Personally I don't like the spell or Marksmen as a whole. Other than the new Volley in Shadowlands I would prefer the spec just got reverted to Legion.
    Hi Sephurik

I see people advocating for Legion design back for MM.

I STRONGLY disagree with that notion. Legion MM took months to work out, after they nerfed the Sidewinders build and later legendaries and gear came into play.

Legion MM was a ranged fury warrior. And to the poster who said Marked shot didnt depend on primary target - uhm, it did?? It was especially annoying when the target it procced on died, you would still have the ablity lit up, but no target available (or am i missing something)?

Rapid Fire is fine, it's versatile, its OP and super satisfying when you use it with Double tap. Don't see a reason why it should be removed.