Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    What a joke, the dangers of COVID-19 have been drastically overstated.
    No it's not, and you are out of your mind for believing so.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I bet you work on a trade that is specialized in massive conventions turned into streaming.
    Otherwise you'd look pretty dumb saying this stuff online.
    First of all - yes, I actually do have a lot of experience with massive expositions, it's part of my job. And secondly - can you explain to me what has to be "turned" exactly?

Probably you didn't know this (judging by your comment) but Blizzard have been streaming their Bizzcon for a long time now. In fact they are doing it quite properly, with different PoVs of the different stages around the whole event.

So they have the complete knowhow on how to stream an exposition, and they just have to re-direct the money intended for traditional stages into bigger studios with more personnel so that the whole Blizzcon can go online.

Of course some of the events will have to be scrapped, like the cosplay competition for example, although with the right amount of on-time preparation even this can still be hosted but through individual entries (for example) instead of on-stage presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    and they just have to re-direct the money intended for traditional stages into bigger studios with more personnel so that the whole Blizzcon can go online.
    Which are probably closed due to whats going on.
    If they turned blizzcon into a video and talking heads, it would be an hour long, they probably don't want that.

Better for them to pull the plug and replan the whole thing from scratch instead of trying to juryrig a stream version of a convention while having limitation to how big crew you can have at hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Hahaha oh boy...

I am Prof. Dr. Dr. at the most prestigious university in my country. And I'm telling you you're a bad doctor. You should think about changing careers. Car mechanic maybe.

Are you seriously saying that SARS CoV 2 is a killer virus? I'm sick of hearing it. Open your eyes!
    What is your history that you know more then actual medical professionals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh sweety, if you're going to try and want to be taken seriously maybe learn to properly string two sentences together without sounding like an idiot. Just a thought.

Also 102,000+ deaths in the U.S alone beg to differ. Thankfully more rational minds are at work and taking proper precautions rather than internet keyboard warriors like yourselves who peddle in conspiracy theories.
    Worst thing is as it's said. If everything goes well because of hard work and dedication it will be called fake and a hoax. If everything goes wrong, many will die and those who could have stopped it would be to blame. And people would still call it a hoax

It's a lose lose situation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yes, numbers are never perfectly accurate. That doesn't mean that they aren't more than good enough for practical purposes.

But that doesn't change the message. Therefore arguing about how they are wrong is dangerous because it deflects from the real issue.

I mean if we were discussing whether it's a good idea to jump off a third floor balcony, and your argument was that this has a 90% chance of fatality, me coming in and telling me numbers are not 100% accurate isn't helpful, because whether that number is 90%, or 80% or 74.3289% doesn't change the fact that jumping off a third floor balcony is a bad idea.

What reason do you have to believe that they aren't close enough for practical purposes? If anything the numbers are probably lower than reality.

Here's an article from the NY Times a while back that looked at the death rate in the US and noted how that data suggests that Covid death numbers are actually being significantly under-reported.
    I mean the US wants people to not take the virus seriously. The government wants it's people to think it's nothing big and get back to work. Cause right now the government is losing insane amounts of money.

It's fucking hilarious in my eyes.
    People are saying the virus is takes the numbers are being artificially inflated by the government for... Some reason... Yet they are playing into exactly what the government wants them to do. Downplay the virus and get back to work.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was found out that the whole "the numbers are being inflated" hoax was started by the American government themselves to try and get people back to work.

Forthoseofyou here saying the government is artificially inflating the numbers. You couldn't be more in the opposite. Your government wants people to think it's fake, and want you to get back to work. By pretending these numbers are artificially increased. Y'all are playing right into your governments tiny baby hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean the US wants people to not take the virus seriously. The government wants it's people to think it's nothing big and get back to work. Cause right now the government is losing insane amounts of money.
    I don't live in the US, but my perception of the situation based on what I am reading is this:

It's an election year. So the government (Trump's government) doesn't want to be responsible for being the cause of an unnecessary recession. But at the same time, they don't want to be held responsible for the deaths. So when they were told about the risks of a full blown pandemic, they chose to rather risk a plague than take a guaranteed financial knock. Once it became apparent that their decision had backfired horribly because the risk was real, their mission changed to one of damage control and spinning a narrative to make it appear that they made the right decision.

Reality is, it was a gamble, and they made the wrong choice and, so far, it has cost 100k lives and will likely cost significantly more before the crisis ends (once we have a vaccine and it has been distributed). But there is no way in hell that they would ever admit that, because that is not the culture of the current leadership.

People are saying the virus is takes the numbers are being artificially inflated by the government for... Some reason... Yet they are playing into exactly what the government wants them to do. Downplay the virus and get back to work.
    I would agree. The government wants to look good in the eyes of the voter - at least until they can get through the election. Of course they are going to downplay their abject failure to contain the situation. Unfortunately though, this situation is ripe for the conspiracy theorists, and basically anyone who has grown used to the idea of making up the facts to fit the narrative that is most convenient for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was found out that the whole "the numbers are being inflated" hoax was started by the American government themselves to try and get people back to work.
    Well, creating doubt about what is real and what is fiction (fake news) is all about creating chaos of the magnitude that would make Littlefinger proud. If no one can trust the numbers, then the government gets away with taking the benefit of the doubt.

Pretty sad that Heroes of the Storm is the “whatever else” in the last paragraph there.

It had so much potential and I do still play it regularly. I just wish the player base was larger

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    Pretty sad that Heroes of the Storm is the “whatever else” in the last paragraph there.

It had so much potential and I do still play it regularly. I just wish the player base was larger
    i mean yeah their 3 biggest games right now are wow, overwatch, and hearthstone, they only mention those 3, the rest arnt.
    so atleast hots is with starcraft and diablo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I don't live in the US, but my perception of the situation based on what I am reading is this:

It's an election year. So the government (Trump's government) doesn't want to be responsible for being the cause of an unnecessary recession. But at the same time, they don't want to be held responsible for the deaths. So when they were told about the risks of a full blown pandemic, they chose to rather risk a plague than take a guaranteed financial knock. Once it became apparent that their decision had backfired horribly because the risk was real, their mission changed to one of damage control and spinning a narrative to make it appear that they made the right decision.

Reality is, it was a gamble, and they made the wrong choice and, so far, it has cost 100k lives and will likely cost significantly more before the crisis ends (once we have a vaccine and it has been distributed). But there is no way in hell that they would ever admit that, because that is not the culture of the current leadership.

I would agree. The government wants to look good in the eyes of the voter - at least until they can get through the election. Of course they are going to downplay their abject failure to contain the situation. Unfortunately though, this situation is ripe for the conspiracy theorists, and basically anyone who has grown used to the idea of making up the facts to fit the narrative that is most convenient for them.

Well, creating doubt about what is real and what is fiction (fake news) is all about creating chaos of the magnitude that would make Littlefinger proud. If no one can trust the numbers, then the government gets away with taking the benefit of the doubt.
    The funniest thing is, the conspiracy theorists, are doing the exact opposite.
    there is an actual conspiracy going on, the states are artifically hiding their true numbers, lowering them in attempt to get people back to work.
    but the conspiracy theorists as dumb as they are, are falling for it, and INSTEAD, HELPING the goverment, by inventing this theory that the goverment is actually INCREASING the numbers.

it is so fricken hilarious.

Goverment=G
    Population=P

G: Alright guys remember, dont tell P about the real numbers, we gotta keep them low so they get back to work, paying them to stay home is ruining our economy!
    P: *Barges in*
    P: We know you are lying to us G, us conspiracy theorists are onto you!
    G: *Sweating*
    P: We know you are artifically inflating the numbers so we stay home!
    G: What are you? I mean oh no you totally didnt catch us, we arnt doing that ooooh noooo you guys are way too smart we would totally be caught if thats what we were doing which we totally arnt
    P: HA you think i would fall for that, we all know your doing it!

I just have it all playing in my mind that the theorists think they are against the goverment, but in actuality are helping them right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Good decision.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Which part of "doing better as a business than ever before" looks like one foot in the grave?

- - - Updated - - -

Just for the sake of nitpicking, 1918 was over a hundred years ago
    Ya micro transaction wise.That doesn't mean they are actually making good games.It just means they have people hooked on paying for lootboxes and card packs and what not.also its easy to look better after you fire 500 people.Activision blizzard as the good company we once knew is one foot in the grave...hell probably already dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post

Its way to simplistic.I get bored very quick of that game.I like choices.Like being able to buy items to make me stronger in a match like league and dota2 has.HoTs just feels like its for 6 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Ya micro transaction wise.That doesn't mean they are actually making good games.It just means they have people hooked on paying for lootboxes and card packs and what not.also its easy to look better after you fire 500 people.Activision blizzard as the good company we once knew is one foot in the grave...hell probably already dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Its way to simplistic.I get bored very quick of that game.I like choices.Like being able to buy items to make me stronger in a match like league and dota2 has.HoTs just feels like its for 6 year olds.
    ...Except its not, its doing just fine. Also your opinion of good games isn't law.

Lol 6 year olds.... you're not as adult as you think you are with that attitude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Except its not, its doing just fine. Also your opinion of good games isn't law.

That is why its called an opinion also good job avoiding everything i just said.

Lol 6 year olds.... you're not as adult as you think you are with that attitude.
    And all you can do is try and insult me lol so what does that say about you?

- - - Updated - - -

Funny i never figured that the cure to the virus was rioting and looting.But i was proven wrong.Its been what 2 weeks?Not seeing Rioters slowing down or getting sick.Just shows how exaggerated this whole thing was.