Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I'm just going to say this now: If you have come to this sometimes cesspool of a site to crap on this short story, you're not a fan of the game or its world. That's ok, and you don't have to stay a fan forever, you're allowed to dislike World of Warcraft, but be real with yourself: you're just hate-watching the game now.

This was a sublime piece of elf culture and world building in a corner that is often an afterthought. Writing elves into the world and story is different than giving them a resonating culture that will be loved by those who play elves for all the right reasons. This was the best WoW "elf piece" I've ever read. They've involved elves in the story a lot over the past two expansions, but this was a pinnacle moment of appreciating their culture. I look forward to reading the book this author is preparing us to lead into shadowlands!
    I hate elves so i didn't like it.

I'm just going to say this now: If you have come to this sometimes cesspool of a site to crap on this short story, you're not a fan of the game or its world. That's ok, and you don't have to stay a fan forever, you're allowed to dislike World of Warcraft, but be real with yourself: you're just hate-watching the game now.

This was a sublime piece of elf culture and world building in a corner that is often an afterthought. Writing elves into the world and story is different than giving them a resonating culture that will be loved by those who play elves for all the right reasons. This was the best WoW "elf piece" I've ever read. They've involved elves in the story a lot over the past two expansions, but this was a pinnacle moment of appreciating their culture. I look forward to reading the book this author is preparing us to lead into shadowlands!
    Agreed. It was quite good. I also have a much greater anticipation for the upcoming novel than previously.

I especially liked that Thalyssra's personality was consistent with how she was during the Suramar questline. I love her passion and boldness. I am quite jealous of our boy Lorthemar Well done sir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Well, poor Liadrin.
    I guess Lor'Themar is a bit like me then: Used to like Liadrin quite a lot - now I just don't want to be near her as she can't even spend 10 minutes in a conversation without praising the Light.

not up to you, people are free to dislike stuff in a game they play/like... like wtf are you trying to say here? gatekeeping?

*in your opinion

just as you like this short story, there are people who don't and are free to say so~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    I guess Lor'Themar is a bit like me then: Used to like Liadrin quite a lot - now I just don't want to be near her as she can't even spend 10 minutes in a conversation without praising the Light.
    Hello good sir, today I am here to tell you about the glory of the light, and how you to can become light forged!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Kicking the tank, so the DPS are dependent on the healer to find a tank replacement in this decade.
    Smart.
    more proof that people don't read the reason or the name they just kick. I was in a group where someone was being super toxic, saying racist shit. I called him out on it, next thing I know I got kicked lol

Angsty teenage elven love story.

You are actually right about all you said and that makes me sad. I know that at the end of legion I would have adored this short story and would have been able to appreciate it. However, BfA destroyed so much for me I do not care about world building anymore, especially not for the evil guys (lets face it, thats what the horde is now forever). It makes me really sad.

Something to get into this evening. It's lovely they're doing these free side-stories to world-build rather than just rely on novels you need to purchase.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Hello good sir, today I am here to tell you about the glory of the light, and how you to can become light forged!
    Hiss on you! Go away!

This is not right. Every one knows male blood elves are only attracted to female humans, and female blood elves are only attracted to male humans. Kael'thas and the Windrunners set that precedent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Angsty teenage elven love story.
    and still a better love story than twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Igzorn View Post
    and still a better love story than twilight.
    Probably the same tbh.

This was the best lore from BFA (PERIOD).

I don't like it. Its cringe like hell. Also Thalyssra is bad and boring character. I hope she will die in Shadowlands ...

I don't really mind someone taking the time to write a little love story. Sure there could have been more interesting topics, but I doubt they were going out of their way to find someone to write this one. As for the contents of the story, I think Lorthemar has earned himself some pussy, I don't think his taste in women is particularily good, but at least he didn't drag her into a broom closet.

Edit: I really can't stand Thalyssra's poetry though. I can read it 10 times over and still not find the way it's supposed to be read to even pass as poetry. The standing ovation make it seem even weirder to me.

Edit: Just realized this was written by the woman who is writing the next novel, at least as far as the technical quality of the (fantasy) writing goes I'm no longer concerned.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-31 at 04:00 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't really mind someone taking the time to write a little love story. Sure there could have been more interesting topics, but I doubt they were going out of their way to find someone to write this one. As for the contents of the story, I think Lorthemar has earned himself some pussy, I don't think his taste in women is particularily good, but at least he didn't drag her into a broom closet.

Edit: I really can't stand Thalyssra's poetry though. I can read it 10 times over and still not find the way it's supposed to be read to even pass as poetry. The standing ovation make it seem even weirder to me.

Edit: Just realized this was written by the woman who is writing the next novel, at least as far as the technical quality of the (fantasy) writing goes I'm no longer concerned.
    Nah, he is pussy himself, he don't need one. Why must wow be like some soap opera omg .