Horrific Vision ease nerfed for Hunters?

Hi all,

Trying to determine if I just had some crap luck tonight or what is going on.

Normally, I can run 5+5 on my BM hunter with ease. Nothing targets me and I can often tell my buddy to just hide. Takes a little bit because of HP but I've never had trouble in the past.

Today I went to run my buddy. First off, everything seems to be ignoring my pet. Every spell cast targets me over the pet. I don't recall this ever being the case except with the informants channeled stun. This is problematic because suddenly, I'm finding everything is absolutely chunking me.

Second problem is it feels like more damage is being done in general. Some abilities I've ignored in the past when running people seem to be hitting harder.

Is there some kind of +dmg modifier to the mobs if you've got a healer spec? I had him switch to healer to reduce mob hp.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Hi all,

Normally, I can run 5+5 on my BM hunter with ease. Nothing targets me and I can often tell my buddy to just hide. Takes a little bit because of HP but I've never had trouble in the past.

Today I went to run my buddy. First off, everything seems to be ignoring my pet. Every spell cast targets me over the pet. I don't recall this ever being the case except with the informants channeled stun. This is problematic because suddenly, I'm finding everything is absolutely chunking me.

Second problem is it feels like more damage is being done in general. Some abilities I've ignored in the past when running people seem to be hitting harder.

Is there some kind of +dmg modifier to the mobs if you've got a healer spec? I had him switch to healer to reduce mob hp.

Everything scales more with other people so of course its gunna hit harder,aggro issue, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzaka View Post
    Everything scales more with other people so of course its gunna hit harder,aggro issue, etc.
    Re-read the post. I've run people before. I'm just running one guy who is a friend, I'm saying it seemed different with me carrying someone than the past few weeks with me carrying someone.

I also noticed in the past that someone I carried running healer spec instead of dps spec meant a much higher dmg output from mobs. I especially remember pulling 2-3 packs in Trade District and the bois channeling Mental Assault absolutely obliterating my health. Tell your buddy to run dps spec. More hp on mobs, but also a lot safer.

Hi all,

I don't see any difference but if threat is an issue make a misdirection macro and set it to your pet.

Maybe coincidence but i've had the same boosting people today for 5 mask I think my misdirection macro was just having a paddy

i've heard hunters say for ages that their pets die faster if i'm with them as tank.

and when i pull the entire trade district at once i feel like that's a bit more dangerous last few times i've done it, but i just chucked that up to me not paying attention anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I also noticed in the past that someone I carried running healer spec instead of dps spec meant a much higher dmg output from mobs. I especially remember pulling 2-3 packs in Trade District and the bois channeling Mental Assault absolutely obliterating my health. Tell your buddy to run dps spec. More hp on mobs, but also a lot safer.
    Thanks, this is what I was suspecting. A few times, my pet just got chunked in like 2 seconds and that certainly has never happened in the past.

Some dots (swarmleaders) will chunk your pet I have noticed.

Thanks, this is what I was suspecting. A few times, my pet just got chunked in like 2 seconds and that certainly has never happened in the past.
    When a healer joins the mobs do something like twice as much damage. When a tank joins it's something like 5 times as much damage. When you carry someone make them go DPS as it doesn't add much damage, if any, just have to deal with a slightly higher health pool.