Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    He has s clean slate, not ruined and is a og warcraft 3 character that every one knows.

Hes perfect in the sense that he fits, sure he needs some attention, but there isnt any other troll more qualified.
    True, he was not ruined yet, and he seems to be consistent in other media, and the best thing in DF is that he doesn't really say anything. Which could be a blessing in disguise. And from I what I got he only appeared in That new tree was only because he in On'haran plains discussing that other Tauren's passing (the one that Baine avenged, which showed him as an hipocrite becuase he didn't allow fellow Tauren to act in the same manner back in Cata, "rules for thee but not for me"), and he met with Rexxar and Chen, and it looks he join in "by the way" manner. But at the same time, I really think his relations with Baine should grow colder because of the way Baine acts. Nostalgia is one thing, but the way Baine always acts like backstabbing ass should cause proper ire.

As of Zekha, ye especially Zekhan, never liked this meme and how clunky and childish he is. He was never a cool or fun character imo.
    I think he was great in the cinematic - the first one he had interaction with Saurfang and people learned that this guy that split earth open was on his very first battle had a positive impact, and that is trackable. He had his good moments, but he also had bad moments. And well he was meant to be a lil' bit childish because he was barely adolescent. But on the other hand, in some way Cinematics were weird, as Even a rookie Trolls should be much taller than Orcs. On each Chart possible Trolls are towering over orcs, but in cinematics it was the other way around. So How old he was? 14?

Anyway, I can see him growing to be someone great, but it needs to be handled carefully and he needs to drop that clucky and childish (I think you meant naive) aura about himself. There was a timeskip He is meant to be proper adult now, and he should act like one. But at the very same time I haveno faith that modern writers could do justice to trolls. They have very specific mindset and values and in DF besides Zandalari child, every other troll was failed, none of them talked like trolls, and I'm not talking about the accent.

I'm talking about things like that :

But I'm afraid he will be treated as pupil character forever. He needs to be thrown in some proper hardships to make him grow, and become a proper Darkpsear Champ.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I think he was great in the cinematic - the first one he had interaction with Saurfang and people learned that this guy that split earth open was on his very first battle had a positive impact, and that is trackable. He had his good moments, but he also had bad moments. And well he was meant to be a lil' bit childish because he was barely adolescent. But on the other hand, in some way Cinematics were weird, as Even a rookie Trolls should be much taller than Orcs. On each Chart possible Trolls are towering over orcs, but in cinematics it was the other way around. So How old he was? 14?

Anyway, I can see him growing to be someone great, but it needs to be handled carefully and he needs to drop that clucky and childish (I think you meant naive) aura about himself. There was a timeskip He is meant to be proper adult now, and he should act like one. But at the very same time I haveno faith that modern writers could do justice to trolls. They have very specific mindset and values and in DF besides Zandalari child, every other troll was failed, none of them talked like trolls, and I'm not talking about the accent.

I'm talking about things like that :

But I'm afraid he will be treated as pupil character forever. He needs to be thrown in some proper hardships to make him grow, and become a proper Darkpsear Champ.
    Idk man, he came to fruition cus of a meme. They tried to give him some meaningfull story with saurfang, but it just didnt hit for me. Its the clunky running, hes young so he doesnt have much going on. Sure, that could be created, but I rather just take some one else to focus on. He has this childisch, you call it naiev vibe around him that is offputting for me. It needs nore edge and I dont see that happening with him. Even if he suddenly comes back in all shadow hunter gear and a more mature voice. You then have the problem that it feels forced. I am also noy entirely sure if he was in the intro cinematic, wasnt that some other troll? He got hit by anduin hard. He has a long way to go to say the least.

Rokhan on the other hand, already has all these things in place and is already a cool shadow hunter. I remember him sitting duck in wrath on that glacier, handing out 2 quests or so. I was happy they started using him. Hopefully they can pick it up by giving more darkspear things to do.

I am just missing some cool darkspear characters, that shadow hunter squad from wod is also missing. They need some more punch, idk. The Zandalari just took the cool factor over, its hard to beat that. Like why roll a darkspear, when there is gilded, straight back maya trolls available.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-02-13 at 05:04 PM.

Idk man, he came to fruition cus of a meme. They tried to give him some meaningfull story with saurfang, but it just didnt hit for me.
    Cinematics like that takes time to produce, so no, his story was planned in advance. I have never seen Blizzard doing so many big budget CGI cinematics. It's the people that came up with the meme, but his story was clearly intended to be there.

I am also noy entirely sure if he was in the intro cinematic, wasnt that some other troll? He got hit by anduin hard. He has a long way to go to say the least.
    That wasn't him, that troll that leaped on Anduin had completely different gear. And another proof that in order to stand up against monstrous races human and elves needs some magical items.
    What I think is that he deffinietly has a potential but it needs to be done carefully. And we've bever seen troll boys so it was a good reminder that they're also people and it 'humanises them' as it shows that there are many angles to this race. He is not my fav either, but I don't cross him out yet, there are creative ways he could be developed.

Rokhan on the other hand, already has all these things in place and is already a cool shadow hunter. I remember him sitting duck in wrath on that glacier, handing out 2 quests or so. I was happy they started using him. Hopefully they can pick it up by giving more darkspear things to do.
    And to think we only had to wait 2 more expansions for him to appear in WoD, where he was a blank slate, then wait another expansion where he only had a small cameo during pvp quest, AND THEN they started to actually write him. It only took 4 expansions since he was introduced in the game :/

I guess better late than never , but there is still lots of work ahead. And to be honest I really dislike how he was apologetic toward Saurfang and Baine, he felt sorry he couldn't help them better, but he already did tremendurous amount of work, he tried to be everywhere. It's the other guys that should've feel sorry.

I am just missing some cool darkspear characters, that shadow hunter squad from wod is also missing. They need some more punch, idk. The Zandalari just took the cool factor over, its hard to beat that. Like why roll a darkspear, when there is gilded, straight back maya trolls available.
    Oh there is ALOT that could be done with the Darkspears. I have so many ideas, but one of them would include to actually use Dambala. Loa of treachery. And tointroduce NPCs that are balancing between good and evil.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Cinematics like that takes time to produce, so no, his story was planned in advance. I have never seen Blizzard doing so many big budget CGI cinematics. It's the people that came up with the meme, but his story was clearly intended to be there.

That wasn't him, that troll that leaped on Anduin had completely different gear. And another proof that in order to stand up against monstrous races human and elves needs some magical items.
    What I think is that he deffinietly has a potential but it needs to be done carefully. And we've bever seen troll boys so it was a good reminder that they're also people and it 'humanises them' as it shows that there are many angles to this race. He is not my fav either, but I don't cross him out yet, there are creative ways he could be developed.

And to think we only had to wait 2 more expansions for him to appear in WoD, where he was a blank slate, then wait another expansion where he only had a small cameo during pvp quest, AND THEN they started to actually write him. It only took 4 expansions since he was introduced in the game :/

I guess better late than never , but there is still lots of work ahead. And to be honest I really dislike how he was apologetic toward Saurfang and Baine, he felt sorry he couldn't help them better, but he already did tremendurous amount of work, he tried to be everywhere. It's the other guys that should've feel sorry.

Oh there is ALOT that could be done with the Darkspears. I have so many ideas, but one of them would include to actually use Dambala. Loa of treachery. And tointroduce NPCs that are balancing between good and evil.
    It still didnt hit for me and the story of Saurfang was also very boring to me, so that didnt help either. I am simply not rooting for him at all, which you clearly are. We not gonna agree there, but thats fine. I am really trying to picture him ina more mature way, but I simply don't find him interesting. Maybe it's because hes just a troll boy, he doesn't have a backround (obviously) no secrets, just completely fresh. Idk, if I am up for that or want to wait that long before hes cool, ya know?

Ye I know, I just thought, YOU thought it was him, but I glazed over the mentioned cinamatics, my bad. I agree that Rokahn build up took suprisingly long, especially considering hes role in warcraft 3. He was more of a witchdoctor, big bad voodoo, hex. I am not sure what he exactly repressents. These glaives were used among all trolls really. Idk hes bfa stuff was oke I guess, but for some reason didnt do much for hes character. He was there to serve as the darkspear spokesperson and right hand of Talanji. He has been reasonable, somewhat famous troll character, but we still dont know much about him.

I guess, but there were already lots of loas datamined, we will have wait and see what that is all about. I am thinking more about actual troll characters besides Rokhan that could use some more screentime.. its hard to think of any.. my oly wish really is that shadow hunters are not forgotten and see some more attention. I know Loas are a troll thing in general, but it's hard not to think, oo the Zandalari did that already, but better and bigger. There needs to be something extra there, that is unique to the Darkspear.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-02-13 at 10:01 PM.

It still didnt hit for me and the story of Saurfang was also very boring to me, so that didnt help either. I am simply not rooting for him at all, which you clearly are. We not gonna agree there, but thats fine. I am really trying to picture him ina more mature way, but I simply don't find him interesting. Maybe it's because hes just a troll boy, he doesn't have a backround (obviously) no secrets, just completely fresh. Idk, if I am up for that or want to wait that long before hes cool, ya know?
    I agree that Saurfang story wasn't compelling. But I still liked thier first cinematic together. But my argument was that His story wasn't written becuase of meme, that amount of effort put to make said cinematics could onlymean that it was planned in advance.

He was more of a witchdoctor, big bad voodoo, hex. I am not sure what he exactly repressents.
    No it was Vol'Jin who originally used Witch Doctor's model. Rokhan was OG Shadow Hunter.
    These glaives were used among all trolls really. Idk hes bfa stuff was oke I guess, but for some reason didnt do much for hes character. He was there to serve as the darkspear spokesperson and right hand of Talanji. He has been reasonable, somewhat famous troll character, but we still dont know much about him.
    Which is my point, and the reason whyI moved on from Vol'Jin. There is no fixing this, so better focus on him instead. He was not ruined yet but I can see danger lurking above him. As for waiting this long to even give him spotlight- this is absolutely unacceptable. OG Horde race after so many years have so little characters and their description is at best two lines long. But the same thing Tauren Suffer.

I guess, but there were already lots of loas datamined, we will have wait and see what that is all about. I am thinking more about actual troll characters besides Rokhan that could use some more screentime.. its hard to think of any.. my oly wish really is that shadow hunters are not forgotten and see some more attention. I know Loas are a troll thing in general, but it's hard not to think, oo the Zandalari did that already, but better and bigger. There needs to be something extra there, that is unique to the Darkspear.
    Only Master Gadrin got some spotlight in BfA. Vanira continues to be neglected. Zen'Tabra is playing second fiddle in CC. Maybe Ty'jin, but you see it would be great to get bigger variety of characters and not just shadow hunters. I'd expand roster and add new heroes.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria