Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Why do blood elves have to change?
    Correct, why did they have to change and turn into Light Elves when that's not the original fantasy they were sold as in TBC? (which you probably never played besides maybe TBC Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Correct, why did they have to change and turn into Light Elves when that's not the original fantasy they were sold as in TBC? (which you probably never played besides maybe TBC Classic)
    because that was their story arc!

16 years passed!! The blood elves have a lore and a development, we should not go back, we should continue moving forward as before. The void elves represent those who wanted to continue learning dark magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    because that was their story arc!
    So you are saying that a race should never change, unless through a story arc? You already backtracked.

So you are saying that a race should never change, unless through a story arc? You already backtracked.
    The blood elves had a story arc in tbc and for 16 years they have continued to develop on that same path.

Those who wanted to continue using dark and dangerous magic are now void elves, whoever wants to play with that type of elf is available in the game

5+ Year Old Account
    From a void elf player who isn't rude about the Situation in Midnight

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that bad magic isn't worth the cost was the point of their story. Taking that away would have us asking why we abandoned the fel in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    From a void elf player who isn't rude about the Situation in Midnight

[IMG]SNIP
    That Void Elf poster is a High Elf fan and detests everything about the Void Elves.

I believe he only likes High Elves and Blood Elves and wishes for High Elves to be made playable and Void Elves, deleted.

Blood Elf fans hate the Void Elves because Alleria endangered the Sunwell.

High Elf fans hate the Void Elves because they "stole" the playable spot for the Blue-eyed High Elves.

The Horde fans in general hate the Void Elves because they """""betrayed"""" the Horde for the Alliance and also because Alleria killed many Orcs and Trolls in the Second War.

The Alliance fans in general hate the Void Elves because the Alliance is all about the Light and stuff and the Void Elves clash with the general aesthetic of the Alliance.

It seems that most fanbases hate the Void Elves/Alleria. Jealousy? Fear?

Will Midnight finally "redeem" Alleria and the Void Elves in the eyes of the Blood Elf/High Elf fanbases?

It seems that most fanbases hate the Void Elves/Alleria. Jealousy? Fear?
    It could be simple "dislike." I can understand why because I don't like playing a Thalassian Elf, who looks like a High Elf, but then turns into a blueberry when she's fighting. If High Elves became playable I wouldn't need Void Elves - or simply, let me turn off the blueberry visual. It would be more bearable to play Void Elves if I could have all things "void" switched off so I could actually play a High Elf.

I simply dislike Forsaken and Trolls the most. No other reason, than simple dislike.
    I appreciate Void Elves for what they are, but I do prefer playable High Elves and I do want them playable. Not to take away from Void Elves, but it's my personal taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Midnight finally "redeem" Alleria and the Void Elves in the eyes of the Blood Elf/High Elf fanbases?
    Probably not, because Velfs carry no back story and it's proof, people like backstory.

High Elves have that huge backstory, more lore associated with the Alliance after WoW launched, with WoTLK, Cata, Pandaria and Legion. It's actually sad that High Elves have been taken so far out of the story now, where they are just simple Mages.
    On the Alliance, for Mage-like matters, High Elves were always present with Humans. Wintergarde Keep had a High Elf Mage Spire. The Silver Covenant Arcanists with their powerful Arcane Magics during the Purge of Dalaran...that was nothing to scoff at.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2024-02-24 at 04:56 PM.