3+ Year Old Account

Suggestion: Normal Eye Customization Options For DKs

My reasoning for this is that are quite a few Death Knights who don't have the glowing blue eyes, notably Thassarian.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    My reasoning for this is that are quite a few Death Knights who don't have the glowing blue eyes, notably Thassarian.
    That's because he still uses that odd looking undead skin from Vanilla, which gives him the Gene Simmons make-up. But isn't he the only Death Knight without said glow?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's because he still uses that odd looking undead skin from Vanilla, which gives him the Gene Simmons make-up. But isn't he the only Death Knight without said glow?
    Horsewoman Sally Whitemane also does not have glowing eyes in game, for a more recent example

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Horsewoman Sally Whitemane also does not have glowing eyes in game, for a more recent example
    Right you are, however she's using the same old skin as Thassarian with the KISS make-up.

Right you are, however she's using the same old skin as Thassarian with the KISS make-up.
    Does it matter what skin are they using? The point is it's not available to players but is available to NPC's, so why not give it to players too while we are at expanding player character customisations.

A handful more, Instructor Razuvious got the same eyes as Thassarian just like Lord Thorval and Alexei Barov, Lady Alistra got red eyes, Disciple of the Unholy (trolls) got green/yellow eyes, thats just what i know on top of my head..
    But yeah i would like to have atleast green/blue/red(fire?) options, but normal eyes or the old tattoo eyes are welcome too.
    And please, give us blind eyes options like everyone else, why can't a dk get blind..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Does it matter what skin are they using? The point is it's not available to players but is available to NPC's, so why not give it to players too while we are at expanding player character customisations.
    It seems it does yes, since that skins - apparently - do not have the glowy eyes option, might be part of the coding or whatever. I'm not saying that non-glowy eyes shouldn't be an option, I'm just pointing out that it seems to be a side effect of that specific skin and not anything else.

Makes sense, as races like Pandaren seem to be getting their DK skins baseline so DKs getting normal eyes balances things out a bit.
    Class-specific cosmetics are neat, but race-wide options are cooler.

The "KISS make-up" are the cult of the damned markings.

I'm going to say no just to see how many "MoRe CuStOmIsAtIoN iS gUd" REEEEE posts we get.

It seems it does yes, since that skins - apparently - do not have the glowy eyes option, might be part of the coding or whatever. I'm not saying that non-glowy eyes shouldn't be an option, I'm just pointing out that it seems to be a side effect of that specific skin and not anything else.
    Now that skins and eyes are separated, we'll have to see what happens.
    On that note, I'd love that kind of skin for DKs. The ol' Scholomance Kiss make-up.

Originally Arthas when he was a Death Knight did not had glowy eyes either. This only happened when he became the Lich King.

Also I thought the glowy blue eyes where part of being under the influence of the Lich King as showcased in the cinematic trailer. It never made sense to me for Death Knights having glowing eyes.

No it wouldnt make sense lorewise.
    All deathknights are animated with necromantic-powers so their eyes glow as a result... the only reason some of those npcs dont have glowing eyes is because they are using an old model (as explained earlier).

This is a common detail in every undead minion aswell in the game... ghouls and zombies also have glowing eyes because they are animated with magic.

Some might have less so than others... forsaken for example are an oddity in this which gives their eyes less of a necromantic glow (or no glow at all if you want), it probably has to do with the amount of magic used to animate. An undead minion like a ghoul is pretty much entirely running on the necromantic magic (very little willpower remaining if any at all) and a deathknight is basically conduits of such magic which gives them their power.
    Forsaken arent... they seem to have only the bare minimum of necromantic magic to keep them functioning, hence not all forsaken are capable of deathknight magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Originally Arthas when he was a Death Knight did not had glowy eyes either. This only happened when he became the Lich King.
    The 'original' third war scourge DK's were supposed to be emo paladins not risen champions.

Would make sense from a customization PoV especially when considering all the new eye options being introduced that won't be available to the DK class. Nonetheless, I'll never turn them off personally, the updated eyes we got in BFA just look way too good.