Thread: Wow housing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    So, this has been something I've wanted since Vanilla. Yes, I know people consider Garrisons their attempt, but Garrisons had several expansion necessary features. We could have housing be strictly cosmetic. Like transmog, or pet battles which go from expansion to expansion. I'd pay, willingly, for housing cosmetics. It wouldn't affect gameplay, so why not?
    I'd love housing (especially if they were race specific) but its almost 16 years into the game - if we don't have houses by now, I seriously doubt we're ever going to get them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want ur house go to ur garrison, if you say it wasnt "real" housing thats the problem, you'll never be happy about it

10+ Year Old Account
    I could name like a million things where they could spend their resources MUCH better instead of housing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The moment they made it something that affected gameplay, it ceased to be what players asked for--a small space to rest they could customize to make it their own. It's almost like Blizzard sabotaged the idea so we couldn't have it and would stop asking, because it kind of worked.
    You tend to be one of the few posters here that I enjoy Kyph, but occasionally you post some really dumb, hyperbolic stuff. Because obviously, garrisons were this malicious attempt from Blizz to make us shut up about housing.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    You did not get Garrisons at all. Did you even played WoD?
    Please don't compare that shithousery to actual player housing.

Tibia is a old mmo with 2d graphics and has a great player housing. However their map has a lot of houses and apartments in cities..

Would be cool to have that in wow too and not make them instances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Would be cool to have that in wow too and not make them instances
    Literally impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Forever bums.
    I don't understand what this comment means towards mine.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Because there's obviously a better way?

EQ2 housing is top tier, and entire crafting professions in the game are dedicated to cosmetics for this house.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the wrong question and it's loaded as you know that no mmo ever reached wows player population. So let's start with real questions.

The houses would obviously be instanced of which wow has proved it can run hundreds of thousands of concurrently (dungeons). And EQ2 definitely ran hundreds of thousands of instanced houses successfully. So to the real part of your question, yes it has been done.
    If I remember rightly, that's the same as Runescape and the Construction skill.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You tend to be one of the few posters here that I enjoy Kyph, but occasionally you post some really dumb, hyperbolic stuff. Because obviously, garrisons were this malicious attempt from Blizz to make us shut up about housing.

Maybe not to that extent of purposely sabotaging it into something overly ambitious, but it did discourage people from asking it as the general consensus became "guild housing? No thanks, Blizzard gave us Garrisons and fucked it up", but the point stands they took something simple that players requested, and turned it into a negative feature in an already ill-planned expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Possibilities are endless on a housing system.

Shame Blizzard botched up Garrisons so bad.
    See? Lol I see that all the time player housing comes up.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-07-07 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't understand what this comment means towards mine.
    All players are bums in WoW. No one has an actual house in the entire world. But you don't even want one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    All players are bums in WoW. No one has an actual house in the entire world. But you don't even want one.
    Well yeah? I wouldn't want to play house in WoW. Rather have those resources go else where.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-07-07 at 08:44 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

That didn't save ArchAge, yet look at wow surviving just fine without it.

I think guild housing/garrison would be a better option. It could reinforce the importance of being in a guild with people you enjoy playing with. As well as showcase guild achievement visually in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Other games did it extremely well, so why not WoW? And Garrisions were ok the first few months of WoD, but they started to become boring
    And they are dead, at least compared to WoW. And don't think I don't want housing... but it seems that the majority of players just don't care for it. So, why should Blizz spend their time for something that the majority doesn't even care for? At least that is how they are thinking. Probably...