Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "Shocking" .. a new mouse pad ... they just have no immagination with the CE's. May as well rename to collect a new WoW mouse pad in a bigger box for 2x+ the price

Aside from the 15th annicersary box, the contents of CE's for WoW have been quite shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought BFA was an expensive CE at £90 for the paperweight. Little did I know it'd end up being good value for money.
    This'll be the first Physical CE that I don't buy since starting buying them at Cataclysm.

£110 on Amazon UK for a likely poor quality plastic laminate mousemat (like the Cataclysm one probably), some badges that children put on their backpacks, and a book which would be RRP at £15 at the most. Nope.
    Speciation Is Gradual

"available at select retailers this week" - i've not yet seen any except official blizzard stores yet, anyone know any ones in Europe?

How people think this stuff is "worth it" I'll never understand. It doesn't make the game any better, it's just fluff.

I'm glad that they have a proper art book again at least.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    How people think this stuff is "worth it" I'll never understand. It doesn't make the game any better, it's just fluff.
    Because alot of people even in 2020 are Physical Games, Collectors. Regardless of Game Editions. Who would have known right?

Gotta love people that never thinks before they open their mouth.

There is nothing in the pack that interests me. Nothing at all. Ugly mount, ugly transmog, ugly weapon echants, not into pets, don't care about the HS effect, don't care about the character boost, don't care about the game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they cost 80 Euros, now it's 130 here in the Netherlands.

No thank you, especially not since i have played since December 2018.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    You could just get the digital one and then buy a used CE for probably less than 40$ on ebay.
    I guess I could, but why spend a bit less then $40 for a used mouse pad (ewwww), when I could spend $40 for a new one and directly show support for the developer of the game I have played for over 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    Or an even better idea. Don't buy CEs and spend your money on something useful instead. Companies have tricked you into believing that you need this shit and you don't.
    I find entertainment to be valuable if not 'useful', don't you? And I'm certainly blessed to be living in a world/situation where I can spend money on more than just things I need to survive. What a dull, joyless life it would be if everything had to be 'useful'.

I'm not being tricked, I'm a willing participant.

Spend what you want, its your choice, and I'll do the same. I just think its nice to have a range of options.

That's a pass from me

Bit expensive for the exact same shit we've always had
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    So what would you call the game, then? Can you hold it in your hand? Can you wrap it in paper and give it to someone else? Can you build something out of it?

Of course not. It's a digital product. It has less substance than anything you're complaining about. You could call the game itself fluff.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I guess I could, but why spend a bit less then $40 for a used mouse pad (ewwww), when I could spend $40 for a new one and directly show support for the developer of the game I have played for over 15 years?
    If you still feel good about shoving more money up Blizzard's ass, you've been willfully ignorant in the last 10 years.

I find entertainment to be valuable if not 'useful', don't you?
    A CE is not entertainment. If looking at a box entertains you, you need to make some life changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what would you call the game, then? Can you hold it in your hand? Can you wrap it in paper and give it to someone else? Can you build something out of it?

Of course not. It's a digital product. It has less substance than anything you're complaining about. You could call the game itself fluff.
    Stop being silly. I could wrap a turd in paper and give it to someone. Just because something is "physical" doesn't give it an inherent value. A video game is entertainment (if it's good). Blizzard's insane focus on cosmetics, collectibles, buyable mounts/pets, etc and how people are buying into it is just sad. All I want is a quality product without any silly fluff.

I understand why they do it. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Kudos to developers like CD Projekt who just focus on delivering quality products.

So if we redeem the Physical Collectors ED we will be credit the amount we spent on other version of the expansion in Blizzard balance right? Because this was mentioned at BlizzCon for when Legion was about to come out and when it did Blizzard customer service said the digital purchase of the expansion was non refundable.

Quote Originally Posted by Neloangelo View Post
    So if we redeem the Physical Collectors ED we will be credit the amount we spent on other version of the expansion in Blizzard balance right? Because this was mentioned at BlizzCon for when Legion was about to come out and when it did Blizzard customer service said the digital purchase of the expansion was non refundable.
    I think earlier Blizz didn't give balance but a new key for the version you had activated. So basically useless, because everyone who wanted to play already bought the game, noone to sell the key to shortly after expansion start. Now with balance it's way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I dont see a problem with the price increase. New games will be $70 soon.
    Your time has come.

Probably a waste of my time in this thread but here goes:

Base Expansion $40
    includes all zones and content

Heroic Upgrade +$20
    adds mount and transmog and a max level boost

Epic Upgrade +$20
    adds pet, toy, enchant, and gametime

CE +$40
    adds Art book, Music disc, pins, mousepad, and shiny box.

My breakdown:
    $40 seems pretty fair for a once every 2 year cost.
    Heroic seems like a standard shop mount for $20 with free boost added
    Epic adds a $5 store pet plus $15 gametime with some free toys added
    Art book would retail for $20
    Music disc would retail for $10
    Mouse pad for $5
    Pins for $5
    Shiniest box evar - FREE

$120 is a lot, but I don't think they are actually gouging on anything.

I think Blizzard should be highly praised for adding such flexible options and that doesn't even include the ability to pre-purchase the game now and get a full credit to Blizzard balance on release.

/fanboy-mode
    Except you can buy the epic version of the game through gold, and don't have to spend any money, so it's not 40$ for the collector's edition, but 120$.

And that's 120$ for less content than we used to get like 10 years ago (we used to get a behind the scenes DVD which was the most valuable in terms of content and production value) and here the collector's editions used to cost 70€ around TBC and Lich King times.

That's almost twice as much money for less content. And there's just nothing in it that interests me, but I sold all my collector's editions years ago anyway. Only reason to buy it would be that it will be worth more a couple of years later, like I sold the Legion CE for a profit of 20€ even with a used key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    Except you can buy the epic version of the game through gold, and don't have to spend any money, so it's not 40$ for the collector's edition, but 120$.
    I've done a rough conversion and the Epic edition costs at least 1.1 million gold in the EU. Ouch. I'd rather pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    And that's 120$ for less content than we used to get like 10 years ago (we used to get a behind the scenes DVD which was the most valuable in terms of content and production value) and here the collector's editions used to cost 70€ around TBC and Lich King times.

That's almost twice as much money for less content. And there's just nothing in it that interests me, but I sold all my collector's editions years ago anyway. Only reason to buy it would be that it will be worth more a couple of years later, like I sold the Legion CE for a profit of 20€ even with a used key.
    Old CEs didn't all come with a mount, a transmog, game time, or a boost. Maybe those things have no value to you. *shrug*

You do you, boo.

I've done a rough conversion and the Epic edition costs at least 1.1 million gold in the EU. Ouch. I'd rather pay cash.
    Not a lot.

Old CEs didn't all come with a mount, a transmog, game time, or a boost. Maybe those things have no value to you. *shrug*
    All digital goods. I wouldn't pay cash for mounts and transmogs, and I don't need a boost at all. Sorry but at that point digital goods just because an excuse to jack up the price to an unreasonable amount. Mounts were supposed to be an extra, if they now all of a sudden become a reason to increase the price of the physical CE, then I have a better idea of what to do with mounts. Don't put them into CEs and have us earn them in the game. And the game would be better off without the boost. I mean we now have a max level of 50 and later 60, and leveling a character up to 50 takes like 6 hours even if you take your time. There is no justification for the boost anymore.