Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because that wouldn't be abused at all. That would be by far the worst ever idea in the history of the game.
    Its just a silly joke. We already have raider.io anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I still get /salute from people when I wear my "The Faceless One" or "The Awakened". Not sure what the actual completion rate is.. but Mad World (the FoS for doing 5 mask org and SW solo) is still only completed by less than 1 in 5 players, and KSM: S4 by less than 1 in 10 players.

I am inclined to have a moment of respect for people who have super wicked transmogs. Like ones that legit stand out and make a statement.
    Epic transmog > everything else. I do tell people when I am impressed by their awesome transmog. Players with Scarab Lord title? Lol nerds. Transmogs give you the proper respect.

I occasionally meet players who drool over my raider.io score. I have learned to see it as a big red flag for the player's maturity level. These are the players who will randomly flip over to make some big drama or quit mid-run. So every time someone starts praising my score in a dungeon group, my gut reaction is to consider quitting the group right away, before the run starts.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Yeh no pressure, good on you for this FoS. You can indeed Roleplay with this title quite nicely.

That and Masked Chuckler are so good on Laughing Skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    There's nothing in the game that would make me respect someone just for having it.
    My sentiments exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the respect for Scarab Lords really, it's such a selfish title. You can't get it alone and the people who helped you don't get jack shit. The amount of drama going on about it on classic right now is hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    There's nothing in the game that would make me respect someone just for having it.
    Pretty much this too.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Maybe 500 honor level. That's SOME grind. Even if you did it before, with the tower. Though it's not exactly respect, more like "I'm freakin impressed". I HOPE no one buys boosts for this, but who knows anymore...

I respect the player who has fun still playing this game

good personality

Respecting something someone did in a video game is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I respect the player who has unsubbed from that pile of burning shit that is BfA
    i respect the player who hates the game as it is asnd doesnt bother posting about it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by oriondc View Post
    Vanilla PVP titles. One of the few things that can't be bought.
    I bought mine. Vanilla ranks are one of the most meaningless things in the game. What I respect most are good pugs. Get in. Do your job. Banter. Leave. We need more people like that. Titles and ilvl and flashy gear are meaningless. Be a fun person to play with is way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Imo the biggest raiding accomplishment in the history of this game was Method killing Archimonde with no legendary rings. I'll always respect them for that. For most guilds it was still a 100+ pull fight even with maxed rings which added an insane amount of player power. Not to mention the weakauras available by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Raid titles should've been tied to their patch. Seeing someone with "The Light of Dawn" should mean seeing someone who did ICC25HC when it was current - not someone that went on a mount run.
    Blizz makes the distinction with "Feat of Strength" if it's unobtainable. But sure, I wouldn't mind. I haven't changed my title in, what, 10 years and I don't see other people's titles because they clutter up my screen.

Nothing

I don't respect any of you creeps

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Insane.

Because I know the dedication it takes.

I wish they´d revert its nerf tho, it is far too easy to get now.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    +30k achievement points
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Scarab Lord is the big one.

All the realm first raid titles too: Death's Demise, Celestial Defender, Grand Crusader, but not the Naxx/OS/EoE ones since those were not really about skill.

The Insane still carries a bit of prestige, but it certainly has been watered down over the years.

I have one of the unarmored night elf mounts and always am impressed when I see another one running around.

Mythic raid mounts are impressive early on in the tier, but Jaina/N'Zoth mounts are kind of meh at this point. Same with the +15 keystone mount.
    i have all of the above titles and they are not woth anythig you could have played on a death/rp realm or trasfeared to one to be the top guild on it this how i got them while playing somewere in the top 1000 back then
    I.O BFA Season 3

Someone with the "Agent of the Shen'dralar" Achivement meaning done prenerf Insane title, they should add something just for that achivement alone.

Also old zg bear is cool.

Nice positive behaviour & encouragement. It's just really nice to see sometimes.

Theres not enough of it in this game, so I always /w people if they're clearly new and doing a good job tanking or healing.

Even complimenting peoples transmog in game always gets taken well.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    List ingame "things" that when you see a player with them you say to yourself:
    "Respect bro"
    /salute

I'll start with one:

Azeroth's Champion Title

(snob answers are frown upon, like: "is a videogame bro, get a life, i respect no one")

Anything that actually took talent and skill / hardwork to obtain.

Examples -

insane title (based on the date the achievement is dated for will determine how much respect i have for someone) - I did it when it was hard.. It deserves respect.

Grand Crusader- another difficult achievement to obtain. props to you.. (cannot be bought / gimmicked) keeping in mind the "date" disclaimer.

Scarab Lord - For obvious reasons. (this is the big one imo)

Another one is Rohk'delar Longbow of the ancient keepers.. not only did you complete this back in 2004/2005 when it was difficult to do.. you had the foresight to keep the item long enough for it to be loaded into the "transmog era"

anything in the last few years even if its "mythic" means nothing. It can all be bought.

Prestige comes from having something and having done something that was difficult / time consuming that can no longer be done or B has been nerf'd into the ground and was done well before said nerf.

Props to the insane people like myself who have been A) playing this game this long and B) love punishment enough to obtain these titles / items.
    Last edited by frozenwingchimera; 2020-08-03 at 03:39 PM.