Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    No point having this discussion if we can't agree on the premises.
    Or if you cannot understand the 100% valid point he is making.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

While LFR is the highest participation difficulty of raiding it has a place in the game.

LFR has been in the game what 8? years now and people are still making these threads.

It's not going anywhere.

LFR's high levels of participation is what keeps raiding alive, Mythic raiders make up around 1% of the raiding community.

I'm an ex mythic raider who stopped once I cleared Hellfire Citadel and I have absolutely no issues with LFR's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    Add two difficulties to LFR. One, current LFR, 25 man. Same as it was
    Other difficulty, same as normal difficulty. And for 15 man f.e.
    Makes it easier to organise PUG run with LFR feature.
    Yes, this is exactly what raiding needs.

MORE difficulties.

Some people...

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Yes, this is exactly what raiding needs.

MORE difficulties.

Some people...
    Its not more difficulty, its same difficulty as normal raid.
    And you know, i prefer LFR when it was at MoP with that flex system. That was normal difficulty.
    I wish LFR was actually that difficult, im now letting cats play my keyboard and still win. It is insulting to casual players without time commitment.

For me it has nothing to do difficulty of the encounters.

I just queue up and do other stuff, quest, solo old raids or whatever..... the queue just pops up and there I go.

BTW: I still don't understand why people make threads for LFR and removing it or the use of it or the ease.... I mean people let their cats play it :-)
    It was ridiculous before and it still is.

If you don't want to play LFR, just don't play it!
    Last edited by Synstir; 2020-09-20 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    While LFR is the highest participation difficulty of raiding it has a place in the game.

LFR has been in the game what 8? years now and people are still making these threads.

It's not going anywhere.

LFR's high levels of participation is what keeps raiding alive, Mythic raiders make up around 1% of the raiding community.

I'm an ex mythic raider who stopped once I cleared Hellfire Citadel and I have absolutely no issues with LFR's existence.
    I would argue simple participation isn't a useful yard stick otherwise all the content in wow would be the level 1-10 expereince.

LFR... well I don't really see what good it possibly does in the game if I am being blunt. I ran it a few times for transmog and no one inside of it seemed to be having a good time they just snipped and whined at each other as they tried to brute force down the few bosses that have mechanics. It isn't teaching them how to play and watching a youtube run of the raid is a more enjoyable format for "seeing the content".

End of the day I feel like mythic 0 is the natural replacement to lfr.

Unfortunately I think it does because there are those who don't wish to be a part of a guild and want to solo play the game or are really bad at the game or are super toxic and no one wants to carry/deal with them. I say this based on observations from the few experiences I've had dealing with the players who are in an LFR.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like LFR.

There are times I can't really commit much time for WoW and to be able to participate in the raids are really nice.

Granted, I do like regular raiding more.
    - Dare not to sleep -

7+ Year Old Account
    As I did, still continue to believe that problem lies same way as largely in direct organization of search, as also in organization parts of social (server, interaction) & progress (content and itemization). I.e. this creepy result, which is symbolically designated in thread as "LFR", is just set of wrong decisions in rest of game parts, which have already led to design of this phenomenon exactly in this form, but everything could be different...

Do I think that making life easier for PUGs in form of partially automatic search is wrong and sinful act, root of evil of current situation? No, but devil is in details, in implementation and origin of its grounds. People just need to sort out causality.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-09-21 at 10:23 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Of course it has a place. A match making system to let people experience a raid and get to see chapters in the story unfold and conclude is fine. I personally don't get the hate that people have for it as a concept, if people don't like it then don't do it, and allow those who do like it to take part. Someone playing a game mode that you don't doesn't impact on your experience of the game in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.