Question How does Wowhead calculate the percentage of "mounts attained" ?

This is a general, genuine question, I don't mean to break any rules about other sites, if there are any.

I was wondering if the percentage of people who have obtained a mount stated by Wowhead, (and other sites) reflects the actual percentage of people who play the game, or ONLY the amount of people who have linked their account to wowhead ?
    Last edited by Ravensea; 2020-08-06 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its based on people with a wowhead account if im not misstaken.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think it’s based on the people who linked account but then you get a pretty accurate specimen if there’s like 10.000 accounts etc
    Is it? I wouldn't say that the subpopulation of people that create a Wowhead account is an accurate representation of the whole WoW population. Sampling bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Is it? I wouldn't say that the subpopulation of people that create a Wowhead account is an accurate representation of the whole WoW population. Sampling bias.

Tend to agree, Wowhead says Invincible Reins has been "Attained by 19% of profiles" . I highly doubt 19% of people who play WoW have Invincible Reins.

People who sign up to Wowhead with their Blizzard account are surely pretty hardcore set of people (happy to be corrected).

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s based on the people who linked account but then you get a pretty accurate specimen if there’s like 10.000 accounts etc
    I don't see how that is accurate..

I don’t know the math about it but I guess it works like the election exit polls

- - - Updated - - -

As I said I don’t know the math behind it I suspect the level of accuracy is that of any other exit poll or what they call the statistics they do on 1000 people and then get pretty accurate results for entire country.

I would have thought that wowhead getting thousands of parses every week can be relatively accurate over the years.
    There have been millions and millions of people playing wow, only few thousands ever bother making a wowhead account, and you just know they are serious players for the most part. I do not think this 'polling' is accurate at all.