Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremities View Post
    1 thing i wish they would do to Guardian Druids is revert the change to Frenzied Regen and make it a rage cost ability with no cooldown. This whole 36 second CD bullsnit per charge has got to be the dumbest thing they've done to Bears. They have by far the worst reliable self healing of any tank which makes tanking keys a mess. Every other tank with self healing can at least help out their healers.
    The change was made because of Ironfur - When we had Savage Defense as the CD active mitigation, Frenzied Regen was fine as the rage dump. The changes to Guardian mastery also made spammable Frenzied Regen a bit too much - When you have increased health AND increased healing taken as a mastery, a spammable, large heal is just too strong

With that said, Frenzied Regen would be SO much better if it was off the GCD. Since it's on the GCD, you basically need to predict damage bursts. Of course, it's also becoming a mini-CD in SL, with the 20% increased healing portion, letting healers get a bit more oomph out of it. Not to mention that it's CD is greatly decreased with Berserk - You can actually use it 4 times during Berserk, or a whopping 8 times if you pick Incarnation!

Overall though, I feel that Bear has been greatly improved in BfA. Sure, there isn't the Typhoon+Ursol's combo anymore, but Berserk is a powerful threat and defensive CD, Barkskin and Survival Instinct's CD have both been reduced (To 3 minutes from 4 for SI, and to 60 seconds from 90 seconds from Barkskin), we actually have a baseline slow (Infected Wounds on Mangle and Maul, though it's basically ST), and we even have Cyclone for certain trash pulls!
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2020-11-06 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The change was made because of Ironfur - When we had Savage Defense as the CD active mitigation, Frenzied Regen was fine as the rage dump. The changes to Guardian mastery also made spammable Frenzied Regen a bit too much - When you have increased health AND increased healing taken as a mastery, a spammable, large heal is just too strong

With that said, Frenzied Regen would be SO much better if it was off the GCD. Since it's on the GCD, you basically need to predict damage bursts. Of course, it's also becoming a mini-CD in SL, with the 20% increased healing portion, letting healers get a bit more oomph out of it. Not to mention that it's CD is greatly decreased with Berserk - You can actually use it 4 times during Berserk, or a whopping 8 times if you pick Incarnation!

Overall though, I feel that Bear has been greatly improved in BfA. Sure, there isn't the Typhoon+Ursol's combo anymore, but Berserk is a powerful threat and defensive CD, Barkskin and Survival Instinct's CD have both been reduced (To 3 minutes from 4 for SI, and to 60 seconds from 90 seconds from Barkskin), we actually have a baseline slow (Infected Wounds on Mangle and Maul, though it's basically ST), and we even have Cyclone for certain trash pulls!

I can agree with changes are nice and helpful (especially get Berserk back finally), but so of the functionality regarding FR and/or our mastery needs tweaking. If FR healing is being limited due to our mastery, then honestly our mastery needs slight better scaling or we need to start with more baseline.

Coming of the last xpac we took 3 huge hits to FR. No longer scaling with damage, CD being increased and losing a extra charge from our artifact weapon, which when combined, have hurt our self sustain tremendously. Also due to the basic nature of FR being a HoT, giving it a 20% healing received buffed just makes it more likely that it will be more over healing.

I don't think were in a horrible place by any means and any buff is nice but id much prefer if the buff was applied after FR expires or if they just reduced the CD back down some and make it more accessible. As it stands, those issues can be fixed somewhat thru legendaries/conduit choice but we shouldn't be so reliant on borrowed powers to fix class issues.