Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    There are dozens of addons that COULD help you, but honestly, and its cliche, but............practice practice practice. Just keep running keys. I know people dont want to "ruin" their io by spamming keys, but imo, its the best long term solution - just run keys.

GTFO or various WA could help a lot, obviously, and maybe just focus more on staying alive vs damage output. Not saying this is the case for you, but i had a warrior friend who just always seemed to die - every bloody boss he was dead at some point (raids, not M+). His damage was exceptional, but that doesnt help when dead. I had the chance to sit behind him one evening and watch him play irl, and it was pretty damn obvious why - he was so godamn focused on his damage and rotation, it was a miricle he even knew what mechanic was happening when - his eyes just darted from his action bars to the dps meter to his action bar and back.
    I am a huge believer of succeeding at mythic plus mostly being about running everything enough times that you know it really well, so I definitely am not going to shit on the advice of getting more practice. However, OP specifically expressed frustration with not knowing what they are dying to. Unlike in a raid where you have just a few mechanics (laid out in the dungeon journal) and presumably a raid leader who will yell at you, figuring out what you are dying to in an m+ probably takes a little more than just mere practice. You might learn the places where you are prone to death, but it is entirely possible to run a dungeon a bunch of times and still not be entirely clear what the abilities are and how you should react to them (is the damage a cone or a 360 or global? etc). Learning by entirely trial and error in this context is probably going to take unnecessarily long, and frustrate some party members (and possibly cost keys) in the meantime. If mysterious deaths are specifically a problem, being proactive about troubleshooting is the most useful and fastest way to fix the issue.

In the context of not knowing what you're dying to, I highly recommend doing something beyond just getting more experience, whether that is using an addon or weakaura, checking details for deaths or damage taken, or logging the runs to look up later.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Umm, surely if you're dying the first place to look is that big death log to see what happened, what the ability is and how to prevent it happening again.

What train of thought got you from "I died" to "must fix gfx!" without first figuring out WHY you died?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Umm, surely if you're dying the first place to look is that big death log to see what happened, what the ability is and how to prevent it happening again.

What train of thought got you from "I died" to "must fix gfx!" without first figuring out WHY you died?
    Well, if one is presuming there are spell effects one can't see killing you, the logic makes sense. I've played with plenty of people who run with minimal settings to know it happens. Wanting to make sure your graphics are set in a way where you can see the shit you need to is important too. (Projected Textures: Enabled, OP)

And to be fair, the middle of a timed dungeon is not really the best place to examine a death log in depth. You really need something that records it for you so you can look after the run. That's why I suggested Details or logging the run to upload.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |