Balance druid rotation shadowlands

When i go in dungeon in beta with my balance druid i dont get the numbers out of it☹️ I dont rly know what i do wrong i see other balance druid do allot more dps with less gear. So what i do is 2-3 mobs dots all mobs do 2 wrath for eclips do lunar strikes all time with starfall then dot again and they are dead in that time. Just want to learn the class but i do something wrong but dont know what.

We're going to need a bit more information about your gear and talents. Also remember that SL Beta is not currently tuned beyond rough disparities. A different talent setup could result in wild damage swings.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We're going to need a bit more information about your gear and talents. Also remember that SL Beta is not currently tuned beyond rough disparities. A different talent setup could result in wild damage swings.

Yes but gear is just beta gear like all dudes have. I just see a big difference in my dps and some others. And im only comparing with other balance druid so not much about tunning

Quote Originally Posted by Bloempje View Post
    Yes but gear is just beta gear like all dudes have. I just see a big difference in my dps and some others. And im only comparing with other balance druid so not much about tunning
    Talents, Soulbinds, Conduits... There's a lot to keep in mind even between members of the same spec. Tuning isn't just between classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i go in dungeon in beta with my balance druid i dont get the numbers out of it☹️ I dont rly know what i do wrong i see other balance druid do allot more dps with less gear. So what i do is 2-3 mobs dots all mobs do 2 wrath for eclips do lunar strikes all time with starfall then dot again and they are dead in that time. Just want to learn the class but i do something wrong but dont know what.

Going to be abit emo here for the first time ever since starting playing boomkin since Wotlk:

There is no rotation right now. No real damage. And boomkin CURRENTLY have the worst playstyle its ever had. Ever.

Thats how disappointed i am after 1 week on beta.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

There is indeed a rotation. But I can confirm its actually way less "clear". You only have a number on top of solar wrath / lunar wtv that indicates the amount of empowered wraths/lunar whtv that you have left.

I don't know, I just didnt like that much tbh.

In order to get a clear answer, you should provide more information about your character and all its capabilities.

I am hoping things improve when we reach max level in SL. Currently I am not liking boom. Went from being competitive to a bit behind. Maybe just need to readjust to the changes. Obviously I know there is a drop in power, however in grouping with people from my guild, we used to fight it out for top spot, not now. And they had the same drop in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

it is just the worst rotation if you can ever call that, there is a group of enemies but your "rotation" says you nedto do single target dmg for 15 seconds, then there is the boss it says no, do aoe dmg for 15 seconds first. It must be a way that you can trigger any of aclipses as after 15 second 2 starfire and continue 15 seconds single target and visa versa. I am playing feral on beta now an I am having huge fun both at thorgast and outworld but downside is, you are at the bottom in raids

Talents, conduits, and stats are hugely important for an accurate answer. Covenants can also be a huge factor. Also, the level of keys will drastically affect how big your DPS output is (while Starfall does pump, Sunfire/Starfire/Shooting Stars with Solstice do a hefty chunk of damage in AoE scenarios, too).

While I certainly have some issues when it comes to the AoE rotation, both eclipses do contribute to AoE-centric damage directly with respect to generators (Solar buffs Sunfire, Lunar buffs Starfire). If we're talking a M+ scenario, running Soul of the Forest, Stellar Drift, and Solstice perform very well right now. I haven't done M+ on the beta in a couple weeks, so I can't really compare what things were like a few builds ago... but the standard practice of ABC (Always Be Casting) is the default think to check if you're underperforming compared to other boomies. Don't overcap on Astral power, try to stay in eclipses at all times, use your cooldowns as often as possible when they'll be useful, the standard boomy stuff that applied in BfA still applies to Shadowlands. While there are some differences due to the Eclipse system, they shouldn't adversely affect your output to where you'd think you're doing something majorly wrong.

If anything, practice the rotation on live as it's technically harder than the Shadowlands version if you run VoP/Pulsar, or use other essences/traits to get the expected experience since the Covenants/conduits and the higher performing legendaries aren't slated to affect your rotation at all (other than pooling before an Eclipse, but you'd do that with the Starlord talent anyways).

A nice change to Stellar Drift being good again as a talent is that we can cast while moving, which is huge when it comes to our output as it makes our rotation much more forgiving when using Starfall. I'll be honest: sometimes I get really lazy in keys right now and pop a Starfall just so I can cast while moving on single target... not because it's a DPS gain, just because I can!
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-10-21 at 07:21 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    it is just the worst rotation if you can ever call that, there is a group of enemies but your "rotation" says you nedto do single target dmg for 15 seconds, then there is the boss it says no, do aoe dmg for 15 seconds first. It must be a way that you can trigger any of aclipses as after 15 second 2 starfire and continue 15 seconds single target and visa versa. I am playing feral on beta now an I am having huge fun both at thorgast and outworld but downside is, you are at the bottom in raids
    That's rather significant oversimplification. Solar isn't "single target only" and Lunar isn't "AoE only". They each have an ST and a cleave skill associated with them, while our big hitters benefit from both. It's not like they just switch randomly, either.