Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I'm at the point where I would just love to see Warcraft alive (again). I don't care if the story isn't that good, just bring wow to life and I'm happy.

Video Game Movies ARE good, people just have extreme expectations and their own vision on how it'll be, and a majority won't get theirs matched and screetch "Waah waah Im a baby its so bad".

Assassin's Creed, Warcraft and Prince of Persia were all good movies. They had their flaws, but they were solid action or fantasy flicks. But for something so huge as Warcraft (or even now AC) a Netflix series would work so much better. Too much lore, too many characters.

I really hope they keep doing Warcraft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Video game movies are never good...
    Meh, there's nothing inherently impossible about adapting videogame universes to film or viceversa. They just need writers and a director who know the strenghts and weaknesses of each medium. Comic book movies were never good until they were.

The issue is adapting stories that were designed for interactivity and wanting to change them as little as possible.

Warcraft as a universe has great aesthetics, iconic locations and races, and a lot of background lore. Its characters and storylines are generally made for games, though. As even the ones that are told in books are just set up for the next expansion or whatever.

So just "doing Warcraft 3" wouldn't work, unless you want 90% of the movie be about chopping wood and sending waves of soldiers into an enemy base. They'd have to take those characters and stories, see which version of them is the most "cinematic", and change as much as they needed for them to work on the big screen, and that's where they risk alienating fans, but that's the gamble with ALL adaptations.

Or, alternatively they could create a brand new story and place it somewhere in the existing lore, which admitedly would work better for a series.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Hahahaha it was yes, but that said, the one thing I do personally hate about Warcraft is when they make the alliance humans all knights in shining golden and blue armour, its SUPER corny.
    True. It looked like an RP gathering of D&D teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Video game movies are never good...
    The problem with video game movies is IMO pacing and producers who dont understand why the story is popular they just see dollar signs.

Now when i say pacing a movie has to have a 3 act structure and has to come in about 2 hours that is very hard to do when you have a game with so much lore and so many characters.

You cant cut the movie off like Fellowship of the ring did cause most likely the casual audience will prolly never bother to come back for the continuation unless the movie is epic which thankfully Fellowship was.

Video games are not meant to tell a story that can be condensed into a 2 hour movie cause video games are meant to tell a story that lasts for hours and with WoW for over 15 years!!

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    If they do I really hope it's about Arthas and how he became the Lich King. My favourite time warcraft story

7+ Year Old Account
    not a fan of a reboot, the first one was fine if it was not chopped down to one hour of movie. Hope its a sequel and not a reboot, nd sure as hell i hope its not movie about Arthas, make no fucking sense to throw everyone at this part of the story, especially when its only his perspective.

Honestly, with streaming and series being so popular, they should just do one, first warcraft game in 12 episodes of one hour would cover everything smooth and fine
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-09-24 at 11:39 AM.

I can belive no one has so far has said it, if they are going to make a sequel, its GOT to have Pandas in it.
    Last edited by MrFawlty; 2020-09-24 at 09:07 PM.

nice i loved the wow movie

I mean warcrafts' story just doesen't translate well into a movie format. How do you show off a 4 year war in 3 hours? That's 1 year per 1,3 hours. Like no wonder the plot felt rushed

What they need to do is basically just call the movie universe an AU reality or something so that they can't tailor the story to fit a movie format better
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    I bet a lot of people would be pumped for Warcraft 3 and all the Lich King material. I would love to see that myself, but personally I think I would be more psyched to see a War of the Ancients movie.
    seeing that Arthas Storyline is a rip off multiple fantasy stories I doubt it would make better at the box office then the original...

Give us The Lich King and Sylvanas story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope they are doing an Arthas Movie - that way we may finally get Frostmourne and Jaina's staff as transmog (back with the first movie we got lion's fang and the staff of guldan).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Actually, I like Warcraft, I hope that sequel will be better