15+ Year Old Account

Paladin in Shadowlands for solo/questing/dungeons

How viable will the paladin be?
    I plan to level one from the scratch.

Won't be doing much content besides very casual play. No raids except raid finder and occasional normal/hc (depending on gear). The hardest stuff I will do is Torghast and mythic dungeons.

Of course, ret will be my main focus for solo parts of the game, protection or holy (I enjoy both tanking and healing) for dungeons.
    I do not care about simming for the best possible mythic raid performance. Just having fun with some harder dungeons.

Prot paladins have for a long time been considered a go to solo class for WQ and such. They simply grab everything and kill it. If you play warmode on, they are even better. Sure Ret is great, but Prot will pull big numbers on large packs.

I have been trying my ret paladin on beta. It feels pretty much the same to me - a bit of button bloat, a few good changes. If you go night fae covenant and get the legendary that extends the uptime of crusade and its damage bonus then you end up with crusade up for a high percentage of time - and end up being very burst oriented - however that may take some weeks into the expansion to set up. Most of torghast by the way is not hard (until you get into much higher levels etc.) - the initial parts are by design accessible to everyone.
    Last edited by irdsyd; 2020-09-24 at 10:59 PM.

People cry alot about paladin is for pvp only

Pve i think prot is the best tank of the game, ret pally is middle to top dps metters but idk about holy, because of holy power..

Last time i used holy power to heal i had bad dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    How viable will the paladin be?
    Exactly as viable as any other class. Solo stuff, questing stuff, dungeon stuff, it doesn't require a high position on the charts. So you are perfectly viable for the content you want to do. With any class. Any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Exactly as viable as any other class. Solo stuff, questing stuff, dungeon stuff, it doesn't require a high position on the charts. So you are perfectly viable for the content you want to do. With any class. Any spec.
    Yeah, I really do not understand this. When was the last time you could not kill quest mobs fast enough as any class or spec? Like, really? Or when dungeon was hard as certain class (Cata? 10 years ago...)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

The begining of cataclysm, mists of pandaria and warlords of dreanor in particular I remember being agonizingly slow to level, but once I started to get better gear it started to scale off ok. (mind you this is compared to my leveling other classes; warriors for example was mopping the floor with little downtime while on my pally not only was it slower i had to stop and heal up often.)

Prot and Retribution will be completely fine for solo-ing and questing
    Retribution is in a kind of clunky state but is still pulling its weight in dungeons.
    Holy can solo/quest on its own as it has been but feels off in raids