Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe for ultra rare items. I'm scared to run Mythic Garrosh on non-plate characters.

I think that would be fine. Maybe not with the last expansion, but at some point these limitations become a bit stupid. Im also in favor of no longer treating these stupid PVP-Elite sets like anything particularly special. They aren't. They aren't for 5 cents and i think its time to lose some of these restrictions. Same counts for the first set of Challenge-Run transmog you got back Pandaria. Most of the people who got those back when stopped playing by now very likely. At least everyone i farmed that with is gone and i doubt im the exception with that experience.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

No I don't think so I would probs have virtually most things at this point if I did less reason to redo content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Without being able to transmog all four types of gear on a single char /mix and match? No thanks. This would be a huge hit to anyones past transmog collection accomplishment. Just level up a few more toons if you want more chances per week.
    But it's not really logical. My rogue can wear robes but I can't unlock the transmog because his main armor type is leather? It's just illogical timegating. Not a difficult work and there's nothing elite about having an item from old raid as a transmog. It's just boring content. And I hate it when I go to raid on my rogue and have those nice 2h weapons drop, and then I go on my priest and leather pieces drop, and then I go on my dk and have cloth pieces drop. So much fun, waiting for RNG so your piece drops when you're there on the character that you want a piece on, and then you have to run the same raids again on different characters so they get their pieces. So, so fun.

And it's not that you gain any power from it, you just unlock the looks of an item. Pair it up with the fact that you have more and more collectibles in the game with every patch. Someone who collected something before anyone else is already in front because he already has it, other have to collect what he has and all those new things that are being added to the game. It's impossible right now to play the game and catch-up with long time players without playing 24/7. It's also like saying that releasing better gear or more levels is a hit on someone who killed the boss, because now it will be easier to kill that boss. It will, but you got to do it before others people did it, and that's your reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    As the title suggests, should players be able to acquire the transmogs appearance of different armor types if they're running old dungeons or raids in Legacy loot mode? For example: if a player runs a lvl 120 paladin through Stratholme (probably looking for the mount), would it be a good idea or not to acquire appearances (like cloth or leather) for their other toons?

Obviously, it wouldn't be a good idea if the dungeon or raid was current content, but if it was old enough to activate legacy loot mode, I think it could work, since it'd be easy enough to solo, anyway. Plus, you wouldn't have to run your characters through the places as many times if you could acquire transmog appearances regardless of class.

What do you guys think?
    No. Some rules in wow should never be touched. This is one of them.
    I know many people don't give a fuck about how their caracter "feels" to you.

But i just can't think how my druid should be able to take plate and suddenly my warrior knows about it. It is allready weird, that my rouge can use it. The distinction between the classes and armor types is valuable to give character to your character.

I get that it would be conviniend. But that is to far for convenience imho

I think that if you did a quest all of the appearances should be unlocked that it offered.
    If you gain rep with a faction, all your toons should be able to buy appearances (I'd prefer recipes, etc. as well) regardless of their actual standing.

As for drops everywhere else it would be nice if you could learn anything, but at the same time it would drastically reduce the amount of farming you would need to do which Blizzard wouldn't want. However, special mog like Xavius' shoulders, Garrosh's Shoulders, etc should be unlocked regardless of who you brought.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    As the title suggests, should players be able to acquire the transmogs appearance of different armor types if they're running old dungeons or raids in Legacy loot mode? For example: if a player runs a lvl 120 paladin through Stratholme (probably looking for the mount), would it be a good idea or not to acquire appearances (like cloth or leather) for their other toons?

Obviously, it wouldn't be a good idea if the dungeon or raid was current content, but if it was old enough to activate legacy loot mode, I think it could work, since it'd be easy enough to solo, anyway. Plus, you wouldn't have to run your characters through the places as many times if you could acquire transmog appearances regardless of class.

What do you guys think?
    So many are going to disagree with me here but I would take it one step further. If it drops from anything considered legacy content, you should be able to xmog to it regardless of armor type. Example would be leather bt shoulders for my dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    No. Some rules in wow should never be touched. This is one of them.
    I know many people don't give a fuck about how their caracter "feels" to you.

But i just can't think how my druid should be able to take plate and suddenly my warrior knows about it. It is allready weird, that my rouge can use it. The distinction between the classes and armor types is valuable to give character to your character.

I get that it would be conviniend. But that is to far for convenience imho
    To my mind this line has been eroded so far as to be become meaningless. The characters can use the same box of toys and the same stable of mounts and apparently a huge zoo of pet animals, but your druid handing a piece of plate they found off to your warrior so they can use it(s appearance) is somehow unbelievable? If anything the current restriction feels gamey to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    To my mind this line has been eroded so far as to be become meaningless. The characters can use the same box of toys and the same stable of mounts and apparently a huge zoo of pet animals, but your druid handing a piece of plate they found off to your warrior so they can use it(s appearance) is somehow unbelievable? If anything the current restriction feels gamey to me.
    Pets and toys idgaf about. Also they are not really conencted to my character at all.

Transmog is the ONLY thing in this game to make your character distinguishable as we all have the same body.
    I would rather make the distriction harsher. But i am also fine if it stays the way like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Because getting a purely cosmetic item faster would be game breaking right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I fail to see why this is a bad thing. We're talking about gear appearance, not a rare mount drop or whatever. While both are RNG based, the difference between gear dropping and something that is supposed to be rare dropping is evident. What if you have bad luck and the only character that can get that specific armor type drop never sees it, thus preventing you from collecting the appearance. There are a few exceptions such as Garrosh and Xavius shoulders, but to be honest I see no reason as to why you need a plate or leather class respectively running SoO and EN AND being lucky to collect those pieces. It just adds an unnecessary layer of difficulty. Just keep class drops (such as tier sets) locked and we're good to go.
    Dunno about gamebreaking, but it's undebatable that it would make the activity many times quicker/easier. For people more invested in transmog farming, it might be a sad day if that were to happen. Completionist content is a lilttle bit different than pve progression / pvp rankings. It's timeless and never outdated by design. While in pve it makes some sense to introduce gradual nerfs and ease of access changes, it doesn't really make sense in farming of legacy cosmetics that is not skill based and is mostly just about dedication and time investment.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love this, but I can see how people would cry about "plate being too OP for Transmog collecting" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I would love this, but I can see how people would cry about "plate being too OP for Transmog collecting" LOL
    You didn't read the post fully then. Plate would have nothing to do with it. They are suggesting that say a Mage/Priest/Warlock can farm anything and get Leather/Mail/Plate mogs learned.

What you are thinking about is what others have recommended where Mage/Lock/Priest can learn only cloth and say a Hunter/Shaman could learn cloth, leather and mail. With that method the problem is that it would make Warrior the ultimate farmer since they could learn everything but wands.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    On the other hand....I would actually like some cloth transmogs on my plate classes...but ...yeah...not happening I fear. (example: T5 warlock has so many plate (metal) elements in it...it would look good on..say...a DK)
    Yeah, there are a few dresses, particularly the AQ one, I wish I could mog on my Paladin, but sadly can't.

Honestly,I'd be a bit more wary if you proposed allowing all classes to mog all armor classes,but just acquiring them all regardless of the class sounds fine to me.

I have my own issues with transmog,but within the confines of it,it makes perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by Nevad View Post
    I would say to that, GREAT now they don't have to play the lottery as badly as i have had to. Is there a sense of achievement from getting something you have farmed for a long time for? Definitely but then you got the RNG element coming into it. One guy gets the shoulders from Garrosh on his first try ever and another has been doing the raid weekly for a few years and has not gotten it.
    I think the guy who has been farming it, on lets say hypothetically one character, for a few years would find more characters being able to earn the transmog acceptable.

My 2 cents.
    What you meant to type was “great, now I don’t have to put in as much effort as they did to get the same value.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Honestly,I'd be a bit more wary if you proposed allowing all classes to mog all armor classes,but just acquiring them all regardless of the class sounds fine to me.

I have my own issues with transmog,but within the confines of it,it makes perfect sense
    I mean, they already basically gave druids that special treatment by letting them mog their Druid forms to something outside of their spec (for example guardian that runs around the bg as a cat). So why not let other classes do it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think that if you did a quest all of the appearances should be unlocked that it offered.
    If you gain rep with a faction, all your toons should be able to buy appearances (I'd prefer recipes, etc. as well) regardless of their actual standing.

As for drops everywhere else it would be nice if you could learn anything, but at the same time it would drastically reduce the amount of farming you would need to do which Blizzard wouldn't want. However, special mog like Xavius' shoulders, Garrosh's Shoulders, etc should be unlocked regardless of who you brought.
    Exactly my point. Having to grind reputation on an alt to learn recipes and whatnot is so time-consuming and tedious. In Legion they at the very least added the insignias, but they're nowhere to be found in BfA, a sad expansion for alts indeed.

Off-topic, where is your avatar from??

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I think it is how it should be from the start, maybe only limiting the unlocks on class restricted items. Any class should be able to unlock transmog regardless of weapon/armor proficiency from legacy raid.

A way to decrease the time needed to get a full set is welcome. I like that in FFXIV you can craft legacy sets for glamour when they are a patch or two old. Something similar could work on WoW and also give a reason to farm old dungeons and crafting resources. Or make legacy drops account unlock, that works too.

Honestly I am still surprised they haven't implemented that to Legacy raid items yet.
    But then again, if they do that, people would collect every legacy transmog set at a faster rate and I don't know if they want that.