Secret Love Affair

Hello all. So I have been playing classic since launchtimes. Before classic I mained a DH, and I loved the fast paced playstyle and seemingly broken AOE in M+. In classic I play a Lock and I'm happy farming AQ40 and parsing well in. My guild is well established on the server and we are one of three AQ40 guilds that parse week to week. I am very lucky to have a raid spot here. They basically carry me and all I have to do is show up and parse oranges. And tank Twins.

Secretly, I returned to retail to level some stuff and try out the prepatch. The DH is still the same. Nothing has really changed at all... if anything it got even more cheesy with Unbound Chaos now being baseline. It was fun to mow everything down like normal, but it was also not fun to do it with such ease.

However... I reluctantly leveled my DK one afternoon and somehow-- off the bat -- Unholy is THE playstyle I have been looking for. A PET spec with a large skill cap and big AOE potential. DoTs and Soul Reaper. Army of the Dead. The flexibility to go Frost if UH is boned, or Tank in a pinch. Just doing low keys on her I am destroying similarly or even better geared DPS on a variety of classes. I'm not sure if my experience is realistic.

It's the prepatch. I have no beta access. I have no idea if things change after 50. That being said, I have a confession. I am seriously thinking of leaving my Lock once SL drops for this DK. I feel like I'm having an affair with a young attractive woman. She's so appealing and new and STRONG. My Lock is over here pink because AQ gear is fugly and the helm/shoulders are BiS .
    https://imgur.com/TTlYumJ

What do I do MMOC?! do I stick it out with my old Lock in an old game, go to the sexy new DK or play it safe with the DH cheese and pray SL is good...?

This seems like a silly thread, but I am really torn.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2020-10-24 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Hello all. So I have been playing classic since launchtimes. Before classic I mained a DH, and I loved the fast paced playstyle and seemingly broken AOE in M+. In classic I play a Lock and I'm happy farming AQ40 and parsing well in. My guild is well established on the server and we are one of three AQ40 guilds that parse week to week. I am very lucky to have a raid spot here. They basically carry me and all I have to do is show up and parse oranges. And tank Twins.

Secretly, I returned to retail to level some stuff and try out the prepatch. The DH is still the same. Nothing has really changed at all... if anything it got even more cheesy with Unbound Chaos now being baseline. It was fun to mow everything down like normal, but it was also not fun to do it with such ease.

However... I reluctantly leveled my DK one afternoon and somehow-- off the bat -- Unholy is THE playstyle I have been looking for. A PET spec with a large skill cap and big AOE potential. DoTs and Soul Reaper. Army of the Dead. The flexibility to go Frost if UH is boned, or Tank in a pinch. Just doing low keys on her I am destroying similarly or even better geared DPS on a variety of classes. I'm not sure if my experience is realistic.

It's the prepatch. I have no beta access. I have no idea if things change after 50. That being said, I have a confession. I am seriously thinking of leaving my Lock once SL drops for this DK. I feel like I'm having an affair with a young attractive woman. She's so appealing and new and STRONG. My Lock is over here pink because AQ gear is fugly and the helm/shoulders are BiS .

What do I do MMOC?! do I stick it out with my old Lock in an old game, go to the sexy new DK or play it safe with the DH cheese and pray SL is good...?

Follow your heart.
    Also lock it better into your chest next time, you're undead now.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You don't have to be monogamous with class, race, or gender in this game.

Play what you want to.

Seems like you're perfectly able to do both? If you enjoy both why not continue this way? Though if you already think AQ WL gear is ugly, you better play blindfolded once you farm Naxx.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on time. I mean how much you can invest to both games.
    If you have enough time, play both games. If you dont really have alotta time...
    I'd stick to retail (but maybe closer to SL), because we will get new experience, content, story, keys, instances and stuff. And mastering your DK woulda be the best for SL's future.

But I always do something I find fun, as previous people said. Follow your heart
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    You don't have to be monogamous with class, race, or gender in this game.

Play what you want to.
    I feel like time spent on another character is wasted. IDK why... it's some OCD thing left over from Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post

https://imgur.com/TTlYumJ

Level all of them. I would have told you to level them all in beta and see what you like best, but that ship has sailed. If you had the planning of professions down, you could also have made the premise for self-sufficiency with the others of the triad. I committed to resto shaman because that is the toon I have the strongest connection to. I have others that are just alts that, worst comes to worst, they will take the place, or will likely get some facetime once heroic is on farm, and we've moved into mythic.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

This title was bait !! Bait I sayeth. I was expecting maybe some Warcraft romance in here. Filled with stargazing, wine and poetry. Lor’themar and Thalyssra style. Instead it was about specs. I wonder if we will ever get to see them on screen canoodling just a tiny bit. Warcraft is bad for this. I mean if people didn't read the books they probably didn't know Kalec and Jaina were a thing. and I enjoyed Kalec..Why they have all this romance with literature but it never makes it to the game? Instead we get Orcs and grumpy sleep deprived Mal. Out of all the couples. I'm hoping they step it up for Anduin eventually. I can't expect him to have that much romance in the afterlife...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry we don't allow "help me pick" threads. It's too subjective, folks are just going to say go with your gut or say THEIR favorite, which doesn't help you
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)