Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think it's at least worth getting the Cloak. There likely won't be anything better available in the Scourge event and 115 ilvl will last until 53-54 quests. Even better if you can knock out a few visions and upgrade it for the stat proc in which case you'll use it until 60 most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    Feel like everyone here is kind of missing the point of the question. I have leveled a few times on Beta. The difference in the first few hours between having full 115+ gear from Heroic/Keys+ and the 85 gear the 50 templates start with is phenomenal.
    Well, the time and effort you will put into gearing the character now is greater than the time and effort you would have to put into leveling with lower ilvl gear. Just wait for the pre-patch I would say

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I love this nonsense.

So your definition of "easy" is:

A) You need to play WoW 3-4 hours/day (so about half a workday/day), every day, on this specific brand new alt.

B) You need a dedicated group of "friends/guildies" to help you with this who have ilvl 100+ gear, and can "time 15s" and who likewise will play 3-4 hours a day on your brand new alt.

(Because the idea that a PUG is going to "time 15s" with you on your brand new alt who has like ilvl 80 is just a bad lie.)

Okay buddy yeah I always find working an extra half-a-job and convincing 4 other people to do it with me, just to gear up my shitty new alt is "easy". ROFL.
    Dude. Ofc you have to play the game to get gear or whatever but its pretty fast actually.

I only did random m+ and random hero raid. It takes about 2 weeks to get into 10 to 15 dungeons. Give or take a week.

After 3 to 4 weeks of dedicated playing usually there's nothing else to do on a char apart from running your weekly 15.

I leveled two new toons this week and altho I'm slow, it only took me 2 days to get one to 50.

Is it worth gearing them?
    Not really, it will save a few hours while leveling but that's it.

But don't we all play the game for fun, so why would you not gear them?

There's nothing else to do until shadowlands apart from gearing my alts or levelling new ones.

I guess my perspective is from a 4k io player with a 50 of every class in a Top 150 guild and a decently sized, long fostered community of other skilled friends who play the game a lot. And yours is not. But my perspective is, it's easy. Buddy.
    Why I liked coming to forums like these when I was actively raiding was it kept me more grounded. An average player doesn't necessarily have the time, knowledge, or resources that I did and tailoring my advice with the expectation that they do would be absolutely silly.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Well. If I understood correctly, this prepatch event isn't as good for gearing alts up as the bfa prepatch was. In bfa you just did a few wq's and got the items from the quests. Now you're supposed to grind in order to buy catch up gear? If that's true you most certainly have to gear up before if you intend to kill anything for the prepatch stuff.
    from the PTR: grind is mostly via the 20 rares and their hopefully valuable loot, but a full cycle of those rares takes 400 minutes aka 5h 40 mins.
    unless the quartermasters of event stock their inventory with more items or rotation is sped up or more items per rare this is the timespan you are looking at. and it is per char; tokens and items are BoP, so the epic geared main cannot farm for alts.

your guess is as good as mine, but i guess the event will not go live as it was on PTR. not only were all weapons and rings on the rare loot tables instead of at least basic stuff from quartermaster; on top there was only ONE trinket from ONE rare and it was for melee classes. the bow (no guns available) was random loot across all rares and no 2h staff at all etc.
    i get the idea of the event: another encounter with our most beloved WotLK enemies and remember fond memories and also catch up/transmog gear for everybody. but they need to improve it IMHO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Those aren't alts that just dinged, but full blown raiding alts of the current expansion, kinda off topic here.
    Heh, you cherry pick a small fragment from my post and then call it off topic. Jackass.

The part you left off speaks directly to your OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I started a new toon to fill out the last tradeskill I don't have, skinning. I'm playing what I consider a game with in the game with him: trying to get him as close to my other alts as possible, mainly through conquest cap; easiest 120 gear to get imo and I like wpvp. Oh, and osmenite ore and dredged leather are still selling for a ridiculous amount on my server so the new alt is already definitely earning his keep.
    Willfully ignorant, didn't read, or just poor reading comprehension on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    10 raiding alts is bonkers. I had two in Vanilla-Cata and even that was pretty extreme.
    The worst I've done was around Cata or MoP that I was into levelling end-game alts for the first time and long story short at least 4 or 5 of them ended up raiding in the current tier. Granted I've never done that again and it was insane because the main was already wasting a lot of time so even 1 alt is a bit of an extremity in this game to be honest (if it's going to be semi-optimal at end game raiding I mean).
    When I hear of people with more than 1 alt on end-game raiding I just know we're talking about people that WoW is their job and life.

I guess my perspective is from a 4k io player with a 50 of every class in a Top 150 guild and a decently sized, long fostered community of other skilled friends who play the game a lot. And yours is not. But my perspective is, it's easy. Buddy.

It's like you're proud that you're a loser. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's like you're proud that you're a loser. lol
    Imagine not feeling a sense of pride in doing the same activity for a large part of the last 14 years, literally half your life and becoming exceptionally good at it. I wouldn't even let you suck on my exceptionally cute toes. Idiot.
    Last edited by holywhiskers; 2020-11-01 at 06:31 PM.

So we are just having to flat out lie to double down on a post that has no meaning? Sure buddy. It's easy.

My advice would have been to gear up your alt to about 100. It makes levelling the first few levels pretty easy. Trying to level at ilvl 60ish was a pain. Using a premade 50 at ilvl 75 was a lot easier. Obviously the higher the better but 100 should be comfortable to do before expac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So we are just having to flat out lie to double down on a post that has no meaning? Sure buddy. It's easy.

My advice would have been to gear up your alt to about 100. It makes levelling the first few levels pretty easy. Trying to level at ilvl 60ish was a pain. Using a premade 50 at ilvl 75 was a lot easier. Obviously the higher the better but 100 should be comfortable to do before expac.
    Okay. You got me. Only 3881. Only US 163 guild. No Max level Shaman but 2 Warriors.

https://raider.io/characters/us/sargeras/Maynadh

Okay. You got me. Only 3881. Only US 163 guild. No Max level Shaman but 2 Warriors.

https://raider.io/characters/us/sargeras/Maynadh
    Weird thing to lie about and then brag about taking 6 months to clear the raid..... but it's good that you love this game so much. I'm happy for you.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

10+ Year Old Account
    I say why not? Might as well get all the free gear and have a better ilvl to start from.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Lots of us are thinking of having at least 1 alt ready just in case we bother to level it soon-ish with the expansion with the main. So I wonder if it's worth doing much other than waiting for getting some ilevel 100 gear (I also got the cloak/neck but I doubt they're a huge contribution without much levelling).
    Sure, some things are worth it. Learn the right professions. Make sure you got as many ready teleports ready as possible (Hearthstones, Cloaks, Rings, Jaina Medallion, etc). If you play Hunter get the right pets. That's about it however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t check to see if someone already said this, but the most important thing you can do is to practice. Familiarize yourself with the rotation and what combination of talents are suited for specific types of content. While it’s redundant to spend time gearing out, you can still get the hang of your class before SL launches.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.