Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    My problem with the Maw, and a coupe of other places, is how hard everything hits as I gear up. I enjoy a challenge and don’t expect to faceroll at 171 but when I see that unexpected third or fourth mob roll over I know I’m screwed.
    That's actually kind of what I like about it. The threat of losing Stygia and the fact you can get overwhelmed if you aren't careful creates some very real tension.

I only just got my main to max and unlocked it yesterday (very busy lately), and stayed up late trying to get Maw and Torghast progression before today's reset. Which involved doing a few of Ven'ari's quests at Eye of the Jailer t4 and t5 and clearing the first three layers of both Torghast wings at ilvl 145. I did spend most of my Stygia before going out with t5, but it was actually exciting and required me to play carefully.

Also, at least with WM off, Torghast sort of breeds cooperation. You end up naturally just gravitating towards and helping other players because the risks are high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's actually kind of what I like about it. The threat of losing Stygia and the fact you can get overwhelmed if you aren't careful creates some very real tension.

I only just got my main to max and unlocked it yesterday (very busy lately), and stayed up late trying to get Maw and Torghast progression before today's reset. Which involved doing a few of Ven'ari's quests at Eye of the Jailer t4 and t5 and clearing the first three layers of both Torghast wings at ilvl 145. I did spend most of my Stygia before going out with t5, but it was actually exciting and required me to play carefully.

Also, at least with WM off, Torghast sort of breeds cooperation. You end up naturally just gravitating towards and helping other players because the risks are high.
    I always feel like people play a different game then I do at times. My issue with the maw is how painfully toothless it is and how much of a burden other players are.

Careful navigate through the maw to avoid pulling mobs for max gains? Some deep runs past you trailing 20 mobs and tries to feed them into your aoe.

If they wanted to make a dangerous zone then make a dangerous zone... not one where I'm constantly soloing elites and weekly quests since the most dangerous mob is one with a long cast that only does 10% of my hp.

Add to that the excessive amount of cc mobs have and the penalties for killing them and its tedium taken to 11.

My only problem is the lack of catch up mechanics for those who can't play daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.