When do blizzard start removing content?

When's the latest you can return to wow to get the full effect of the content? Before the next patch or before the next expansion?

Let me rephrase: I know blizzard removes content as they progress things, so if you weren't playing at a particular point there are somethings you can never experience, - i know you will never get a full expansion's story or experience if you didn't play while it was up, but I don't remember if they start removing some content as early as the next patch or if it all stays there till the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    When's the latest you can return to wow to get the full effect of the content? Before the next patch or before the next expansion?

Let me rephrase: I know blizzard removes content as they progress things, so if you weren't playing at a particular point there are somethings you can never experience, - i know you will never get a full expansion's story or experience if you didn't play while it was up, but I don't remember if they start removing some content as early as the next patch or if it all stays there till the next expansion.
    Depends on the content - but probably since WoW was a twinkle in the eyes of developers, they've been removing content.

Normally by the end of the expansion.
    Blizzard has_rarely_removed stuff with a patch.

Rewards (Mounts, Cosmetics) are another story, altough it's rare even there besides some seasonal rewards.

They don't really remove much in general unless it was from the start announced as being time limited, and have been increasingly moving to just limiting the scope where something can be used, rather than removing it entirely.

Though if you want the full experience, you pretty much have to be there in the early days. It's not something you can get later, less because of removals, more because the community will have moved on.

ever since well removing the Black/Plagued proto drake if blizz removes anything it will by the pre-patch of the next expansion barring things they literally say are time limited.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They don't really remove much in general unless it was from the start announced as being time limited, and have been increasingly moving to just limiting the scope where something can be used, rather than removing it entirely.

Though if you want the full experience, you pretty much have to be there in the early days. It's not something you can get later, less because of removals, more because the community will have moved on.
    So basically minimum recommended is to subscribe a month and try and experience the raid and ohter content while it is current, then you can wait for next patch if it's not that exciting to stay on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It all stays there but it is largely 100% irrelevant. Each time the next raid tier hits, all old content is blasted away by characters getting way more powerful.

They pretend that it's still relevant - my resubbed ass trecking my way through zombified Mechagon and Nazjatar content for weeks last spring can attest to that - but it's not. It's dead the moment the patch hits. You can play it but you'll get nothing out of it except cosmetics and power upgrades from grinds.
    Yeh.. that's a good point, and one of my concerns, although that's not necessarily blizzard removing content as much as it is that content not being relevant any more, and unlike dungeons, they don't make the effort to make the raids continue to be relevant or give relevant gear.

they could do an m+ system for the lower tier raids too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ever since well removing the Black/Plagued proto drake if blizz removes anything it will by the pre-patch of the next expansion barring things they literally say are time limited.
    Is the pre-patch event still up? or is that completely gone since last week?

I believe they do not remove anything. Just disable via script/code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

no, they don't - all the story quests are still there. if you fully want to do Legion, for example, you can still do the Suramar quests and then the Broken Shore and finally Argus. the only content they have really removed are mounts and heirlooms from Garrosh and Archimonde - not sure if you could really call that content though. oh, prepatch events would be something yeah but that's probably it

Is the pre-patch event still up? or is that completely gone since last week?
    Pre-Patch is totally gone but the vendor is still there if you had leftover marks

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no, they don't - all the story quests are still there. if you fully want to do Legion, for example, you can still do the Suramar quests and then the Broken Shore and finally Argus. the only content they have really removed are mounts and heirlooms from Garrosh and Archimonde - not sure if you could really call that content though. oh, prepatch events would be something yeah but that's probably it
    Well, MoP and WoD legendary questline, Mage Tower scenarios, War of Thorns, siege of Undercity (Wrath one) and probably more say hi.