Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Every game forum talks about the toxic community. I think it's just that people are toxic generally but don't dare indulge their impulses in real life.
    A lot of people think things on the internet don't matter. It is crazy for that to still be a mindset but it is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    So im playing on and off since day one.
    Used to play in a very good guild pushing content hard with a few realm first boss kills etc [ive grown up since and dont care for trivial stuff like that anymore] more power to those that do but its just not for me anymore, life is too busy for that.
    These days im a lot more casual, no interest in raiding but do like to do mythics.
    My guild have died off so im pugging content but my god is this game more toxic than ever.
    Every single mythic run there are arguments, toxic abuse, really bad stuff not just blame game etc.
    Its actually got to the stage where im questioning playing anymore as im holding my breath every time i join a mythic group, its just too stressful.
    Maybe its a society thing but im not so sure as i play other games and few are this toxic.
    Grow a thick skin you might say but ive grown a very thick one over the last 16 years but right now im finding it hard to log in anymore.
    At the end of the day you will never meet any of these people so even with people arguing or being toxic I just act humble and hope I did well. If I fuck up, I admit it... if I think someone else messed up, I casually explain what to do to improve.

Just be normal to people and they quickly change within the instance.

Haven't ran into any """toxic""" people in 4 rounds of m0s now and a bunch of heroics, if we don't count the one guy who died to every single avoidable AOE in De Other Side and then logged off on the last boss presumably out of shame.

If you regularly run into toxic people, ~99.9% chance, you're the toxic one.

Reyland Gibbons remains unrefuted:

"Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    We are 4 guilds on the same server. We use the Greenwall addon to merge our guild chat. One guild is our Hall Of Fame level mythic team (server 7th for Nyalotha), this guild has also existed with largely the same members since year 1 of Vanilla. Then we have the main community guild, that guild alone has 7 Raid teams (ranging from Normal/Heroic to Cutting Edge and one team actually Hall of Famed Nyalotha) and is likely expanding to 9 soon. The other two guilds are alt guilds where people park alternate toons, but they are not excluded from anything. It's not uncommon for a single raid team to members from all 4 groups in it.
    wow since vanila?thats awsome,i rly miss my old vanila/tbc screw,got only one guy with me since those days,been rolling with the same people since around mop only so far,and i didnt know about the guild addon thing,really cool

but i have one simple question......WHY?!!...can you all not be in the same guild?why 9 guilds or whatever haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Sure, but that's really the fault of leadership.

A guild's atmosphere is a reflection of the GM and officers, and who they let into the guild.

If a guild is toxic, that is because the GM and Officers are toxic, or tolerate it from the members.

In general, I laugh so hard in our discord, that it's caused wipes in our guild runs. Which leads to more laughing.

If you don't enjoy the game anymore, be honest with yourself.

16 years, is a long, long time.

Treat it like a pre-divorce, take a trial separation. See how you feel in 3-6 months.
    The worst thing about guilds is selective toxicity. Where it's accepted from some individuals but not others. Some guy on the permitted list is vulgar all the time, rude to everyone, treats people like shit it's totally ok. Someone not on the list disagrees with someone in guild chat that things aren't as bad as the constant whiners would make them out to be, boom. Declared toxic and gkicked.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal curse View Post
    I haven't found a guild with people I like in the last 8 years.
    yeah. can totally understand where you comin from...

7+ Year Old Account
    Last night I was called out for being toxic for the first time in..... well its been so long I can't remember the last time.

Was doing the last M0 of the week for me, Necrotic Wake. Tank was a little less geared than I would like but, M0 - lets do it! The tank on the first pull grabs three packs. We hold it together for a short while but then the tank and a couple dps go down. We're right next to instance entrance so people are immediately rezzing and jumping back in to the fight. Eventually, after several more deaths, we get the three packs down and move further in. The tank, again, grabs multiple packs. So many packs, honestly, I'm not even sure how many packs he did grab. Rinse and repeat of the first round except this time we completely wiped a couple times with the tank running into the mess without anyone else with him. So we get that cleared away and one of the dps says: hey maybe pull a bit less? No comment from anyone else. The next pull, the same god dam thing: multiple packs, we wipe, people rezzing and running back in instead of resetting, etc. At this point, we're about 30mins in and haven't made it past the initial area. Next pull? You guessed it: tank pulling multiple packs again.

So, at that point I type something out that I think is fairly innocuous: Thanks for the group, but I really don't have time to wipe on every trash pack pull. Good luck guys.

Message I get from the tank, verbatim: You're a toxic asshole. Fuck off and die. LOL I genuinely laughed out loud.

Next group I joined, cleared the instance without a death and in about 30mins total. That tank is the first real toxic person I've run into in SL.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-12-09 at 02:39 AM.

Back in Cata when dungeons were hard I pugged one of the zul whatever dungeons on a healer alt. It took a long time and many wipes to get to the last boss because the group was mostly undergeared/non-raiding casuals, and after clearing the last bit of trash someone typed "guildie needs this" and I was kicked a few seconds later, right before the last boss.

This was an upsetting experience, but I have never been triggered by toxicity in pugs ever again. No consequences = no morals. It was an early lesson in civilized conduct and online morals, and honestly opened my mind to be a bit more understanding and accepting of this kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Start your own groups. List them with a minimum iLvl but add in: Learning experience or something like that in the description.

Toxic people will never join that group because they think they are above learning. People who are bad at the game probably won't have high iLvl.

Make that experiment and report back, in the name of science.
    May help. But just want to jump in to say bad player != bad player and vice versa, good player != good person. The two are different. I personally prefer to play with bad players but good person rather than good player but bad person.

I have been in group pre M+ with some good players, from the DPS charts, but just complained about others through the entire run. We were not wiping, going at a good pace but just complained why people were not doing this and that.

In the reverse have been in groups where we wiped a few times but there were no complains, some tips on went wrong, encouragement to keep trying. These runs takes longer but the experience were far better, but also far rarer unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wow since vanila?thats awsome,i rly miss my old vanila/tbc screw,got only one guy with me since those days,been rolling with the same people since around mop only so far,and i didnt know about the guild addon thing,really cool

but i have one simple question......WHY?!!...can you all not be in the same guild?why 9 guilds or whatever haha
    We periodically hit the guild cap (which is 1000 accounts i think). While its been a while since we have hit that (classic took some people, which we have a guild for as well, and just attrition overall) we keep the alt guilds as a relic, also their guild banks are useful. We could probably get away with merging the two alt guilds now, but i remember a point at the start of legion where the community guild and one alt guild were maxxed out.

We only have 4 guild names on retail. We are approaching 9 raid teams as of last night though.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.