Cool Shadowlands; How covenant and its powers will give us the Necromancer class

Necromancer can have four specs all based on each of the four covenants.
    Hero Class.
    Starts at level 10.
    All Races. Has unique customization and voice similar to Demon Hunters and Death Knights.
    Uses intellect.
    Uses all four armor types based on spec. Cannot benefit from or equip other spec's armor type.
    Shield. Daggers, Fist weapons, Polearm, 1h sword, Stave, 1h Mace. 2h Sword. Can dual wield 1hs.
    Revendreth - Melee. Uses the power of anima of tormented souls to inflict damage overtime using melee weapons. Vampire and Venthyr themed. Dual wield 1h. Dual wield fist weapons. 2h sword. Plate
    Ardenweald - Healing. Uses the power of nature and death to mend enemies wounds overtime. Night Fae themed spells. Staves. Dagger. 1h Sword. Offhand. 1h Mace. Leather.
    Bastion - Tank utilizing magical bubbles and shields similar to MoP and WoD Disc priest to tank. Kyrian themed spells. Uses polearm and/or 2h sword. May also use a 2h Polearm/sword and Shield together for this spec only. Mail.
    Maldraxxus - Ranged DPS. Raises minions both permanent and temporary as well as using enemies' strength to buff their allies. Necrolord and Maw themed spells. Staves. Dagger. 1h Sword. Offhand. 1h Mace. Cloth.

Spell Examples:
    Shackle the Wicked
    2s cast
    Inflicts 10% of your minion's health to immobilize target in place for 4secs. Interruptable.
    All specs

Ferry Soul
    Instant
    Raises a deceased ally from the dead granting them 35% of their HP. Or If the target is alive and below 25% health, heals them to 100% HP instantly and inflicts 100% damage upon self based on their missing health.
    All specs

Raise the Fallen
    1.5s cast
    Brings up to 4 corpses as Undead to attack your enemies. Lasts 20s.
    If there are no corpses around you, four tormented souls are summoned from the Maw to do your bidding. Lasts 10s
    2.5m CD
    Necrolord Spell

Dreamseed
    Instant
    Puts the target into a seed and heals them 25% of their HP over 4s. After 4s, the seed bursts and inflicts 3% of the healed damage to all enemies and allies in 4yard radius.
    3.5m CD.
    Ardenweald Spell

Selfless Bulwark of Purity
    Instant
    You forget all of your spells and cannot move but gain 50% more HP and shield yourself and all of your allies around you in a 12 yard radius based on your health. Lasts 4 seconds. 50% of the damage absorbed is taken as a debuff on yourself over 8s.
    2.5m CD.
    Bastion Spell

Torment and Nightmares
    Melee Weapon required
    Instant
    You fracture the target's skull, dealing % of damage overtime for 20s, stacking up to 20 times. Once the damage ends, interrupts. the target instantly and has them run in fear for 2s. If the target cannot be feared, heals you for 5% of damage done and grants you % versality.
    Venthyr Spell.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-12-05 at 12:19 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

We allready have warlocks. There will be no necromancers, jedis, bounty hunters in wow.

Using death to heal doesn't make sense thematically. How does killing something help it live? Also nature healing/damage is already druid or even shaman to an extent so this doesn't differentiate it really from either of those. Its essentially just adding bloat by just adding a cosmetics class.

We already have a Necromantic class. Its called a Death Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm usually a supporter of Blizzard but after seeing the way that Soulbinds are going to work on top of this change to M+ I'm deeply regretting my decision to preorder this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thanks man, your super hot take that WoW sucks is really refreshing.

Feels like you purposefully made this thread just to summon... Him!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're 12years too late, we already got a necromancer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Feels like you purposefully made this thread just to summon... Him!
    If you're talking about me, then don't worry, I'm done talking about Necromancers. IMO, Shadowlands closed the door on the possibility of that class ever appearing in WoW. And besides, we have Death Knights already.

that is both reaching and bait.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I hope we do get Necromancers in WoW so everyone screaming that 'we already have the classes warlocks and death knights' can shut up. Blizzards shitty ass version of necromancer (Death Knight) is nothing like the real thing.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I hope we do get Necromancers in WoW so everyone screaming that 'we already have the classes warlocks and death knights' can shut up. Blizzards shitty ass version of necromancer (Death Knight) is nothing like the real thing.
    i doubt it will happen. Blizzard has already called the death knights the necromancer class and shadowlands might be the last death themed expansion.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Any hope for a Necromancer anytime within the next 10 years died when they were absent from the expansion where we go to the literal afterlife.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

This thread was a great idea.

Honestly, this is a great find. I also ate some pizza today and this event confirmed that Tinkers will happen in WoW. Confused? Let me explain:

Pizza is made from dough, marinara sauce, cheese and various toppings. One of the toppings on the pizza I ate was pepperoni. The word pepperoni has four syllables. Syllables... this word contains the first three letters of Sylvanas' name. Sylvanus hates Mechagnomes and wants to punt them into The Maw. (I mean, can you blame her?) The Maw is where all souls go to die (or something, I skipped all the cinematics because I'm way too good at this game to care about its story). Mechagnomes, however, do not have souls because they're mechanical Gnomes (and Gnomes don't have souls anyway). Therefore, the only thing you can possibly conclude is that Sylvanus is punting Gnomes ad infinitum into The Maw and thus this massive influx of soulless beings can only possibly be tempered by the introduction of the Tinker class sometime in 9.1 or beyond.

Checkmate, atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i doubt it will happen. Blizzard has already called the death knights the necromancer class and shadowlands might be the last death themed expansion.
    Then I am sad for sure. I have always hoped for a cloth wear caster necromancer class. The way they are suppose to be.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Then I am sad for sure. I have always hoped for a cloth wear caster necromancer class. The way they are suppose to be.
    Except there's no 'hard rule' on necromancers. Depending on the fiction/brand, sometimes they're portrayed as casters, sometimes they're armored, towering juggernauts that happen to reanimate and control the dead. Sometimes they're regular townsfolk with a dark secret. There's no correct singular portrayal of them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.