Top 5 UI's for WoW?

I haven't played in a very long time and would like to start Shadowlands with a stellar UI. I used to use my own but it is so out of date that I would like to find a new one.

It will be at first for leveling up and then hopefully for advanced raiding. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI and TukUI are the gold standerd. TukUI is less free of choice, but also less hassle to set up, and ElvUI can basically do anything from a basic set up, but is a complex beast when you dive into the options.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two options that I can offer as well in addition to the mentioned ElvUI and TukUI

There is AzeriteUI, which goes along the minimalistic view of things, and works best in conjunction with Bartender (To give you access to more buttons)

And if you want to play with a controller, there is ConsolePort as well, which when combined with a few other addons or weakauras, can provide a customizable experience with just 3 or so addons

I'm not sure if this last part is 'allowed' by the rules, but I'll risk it (but won't link to it), in that you can also go to the Sub-reddit forum of Wowui to see everyone's UI who posts there, alot of them tend to share their set up and the like
    Last edited by Frinata; 2020-12-05 at 02:06 AM. Reason: A suggestion

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

1. ElvUI
    2. ElvUI and build your own variation from some of their built in profiles.
    3. ElvUI and download some ready UI from wago.io.
    4. ElvUI and download some elvUI edit like BenikUI
    5. ElvUI and subscribe to some twitch streamer and grab his elvui profile.
    6. No seriously
    7. Don't
    8. Use anything else
    9. But if you insist
    10. There are some ready UIs, but the problem is, they are not supported frequently enough and you will likely to encounter some issues
    11. But absolutely
    12. Don't try to create
    13. Whole UI from various addons
    14. Because you will end up with 100+ addons that does the same what ElvUI already does, except it will be a mess
    15. Unless you just want to replace couple things like bars and nameplates

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Elvui variant Benikui
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI is the only proper choice unless one has some weird fetish.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I have used ElvUI for 3 years and switched back to the regular Blizzard UI a few months ago and I don't miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I have used ElvUI for 3 years and switched back to the regular Blizzard UI a few months ago and I don't miss anything.
    Me too, the default UI has really evolved. I only miss the ability to copy chat now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Me too, the default UI has really evolved. I only miss the ability to copy chat now.
    Except ergonomics, readability and modern design.

Default UI wouldn't been bad if not for all bad decision they made ie making shit small so you need a loupe to actually check your debuffs.
    Or making player unit frame in top left corner, or making fonts small, or non movable, non customizable action bar.

Because you know, default UI doesn't even have the ability to move buttons around.

Was using Redtuzk ELV UI for a long time, still holds to be one of the best imo

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any UI that allows you to see and process the information that you need is a good UI. Whether that's something like ElvUI, something you built from scratch, or any of the compilations on Curseforge / WoWInterface / Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Except ergonomics, readability and modern design.

Default UI wouldn't been bad if not for all bad decision they made ie making shit small so you need a loupe to actually check your debuffs.
    Or making player unit frame in top left corner, or making fonts small, or non movable, non customizable action bar.

Because you know, default UI doesn't even have the ability to move buttons around.
    It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be. Most people raiding at the highest level have some really shit UIs. AzeriteUI is popular in the community despite being less functional than the default UI.

I spent the last half of BFA raiding Mythic with Kkthnx UI which is essentially the Blizzard UI with a few conveniences. The important things are really boss mods / weakauras for raiding / various PvP mods for PvP that aren't included in any of the UI suites like ElvUI anyway.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Any UI that allows you to see and process the information that you need is a good UI. Whether that's something like ElvUI, something you built from scratch, or any of the compilations on Curseforge / WoWInterface / Whatever.

It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be. Most people raiding at the highest level have some really shit UIs. AzeriteUI is popular in the community despite being less functional than the default UI.

I spent the last half of BFA raiding Mythic with Kkthnx UI which is essentially the Blizzard UI with a few conveniences. The important things are really boss mods / weakauras for raiding / various PvP mods for PvP that aren't included in any of the UI suites like ElvUI anyway.
    If you use weakauras then you don't use default ui. That is the point. If you NEED some addon to show you, debuffs that can kill you, then UI is bad.

I have configured my ElvUI that for vast majority of debuffs I don't need to create yet another generic weakaura for every debuff because I see big icon and timer.

I have spend entirety of mythic raids from beginning of WoD till SL with just a couple of auras (that i absolutely hafta react faster than light).
    Excluding of course some magic weakauras that groupped people or made some weird ass stuff.

On average, maybe 3 auras per raid tier. I don't install any "aura packs", I see buffs and debuffs on my UI very clearly.