Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    You can use the Covenant Mission Helper (that is updated with the new abilities) together with Venture Plan.
    It just adds another frame, so you can double check the results from Venture Plan, and if the Mission Helper says the mission would fail you can manually add troups and use the optimize button there - and still use all the convenient features of venture plan, like auto filling the (known) missions with troups or simply the better overview.

It seems as if the Covenant Mission Helper isn't fully reliable for the new missions - I'm getting failed missions, and I'm pretty sure that I had checked them with that addon before. There are also some old missions where it disagrees with Venture plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    It seems as if the Covenant Mission Helper isn't fully reliable for the new missions - I'm getting failed missions, and I'm pretty sure that I had checked them with that addon before. There are also some old missions where it disagrees with Venture plan.
    Unfortunately I am having similar results on the new missions. Most of the time, clicking optimize on covenant mission helper adjusts the plan from venture plan for the better. But on several occasions now, it has done that and lead to failures on cinders missions. I don't really mind as it's impossible to be perfect. It just hurts, for obvious reasons, that the failures are usually cinders missions.

using Venture Plan and CovenantMissionHelper together is working fine so far. would be nice if it could just suggest the best parties without my having to try random 'adventurers' until it hits on a solution though

Yeah the mission table addons all kinda suck this expansion, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, it seems to be fairly reliable on Nightfae and Maldraxus, and less on Kyrian and Venthyr (which simply might be a side effect of how weak they are in comparison so the win is on an even smaller margin).
    Curious though that since 9.1 also some older missions that worked perfectly with both addons seem to fail sometimes, not often but it happens, although I am not aware of any follower change.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    using Venture Plan and CovenantMissionHelper together is working fine so far. would be nice if it could just suggest the best parties without my having to try random 'adventurers' until it hits on a solution though
    I've been using venture plan all expansion, but the author has discontinued it. And like Forogil said, it's not reliable on the newer missions. It really sucks thinking I'm going to get a fat experience item for one of the two new guys I've gotten since the patch just to have my team wiped out.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm knocking down level 49 missions with my sub-35 team, granted night fae but still an indicator that you can plan it out yourself.

Sure. But I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I've been using venture plan all expansion, but the author has discontinued it. And like Forogil said, it's not reliable on the newer missions. It really sucks thinking I'm going to get a fat experience item for one of the two new guys I've gotten since the patch just to have my team wiped out.
    that's why I agreed with Puri on using CovenantMissionHelper alongside it to double check and if necessary "optimize"

Smile Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Venture addon is a welcome addition, gives more information. Shame that we have to rely on external parties for such things but glad to have it!
    Hello All. I am enjoying the SL Command table. Most fun I have had in all the command table iterations. Venture Plan really really helped me with strategy at the beginning but was bugging some other add ons so I reluctantly deleted. That turned out to be a huge benefit. Venture Plan was telling me I would lose fights that are actually quite winnable due to Companions special skills. I can look at any fight now and know if I can win it. My troops are currently at 50. Companions are from 54 - 36 range. Adventure level 16. Staying there on purpose until I leveled everyone at or close to 60. Mounts can wait.

I definitely recommend Venture Plan to start but eventually, let it go. All the info you need is in the original game. No, I dont do any math.

Another tip. Use the app so that you dont have any downtime for leveling. If my Companions come back low health, I send them out on a high xp mission that I dont need them to win. I miss out on the bag of mats but I get the XP. I do make sure to win all the XP missions.

The best idea ever I found online I am trying right now and its going well so far. I cant give the originator of the basic idea credit because I stumbled across it and cannot find it again. I am doing this plan with an alt.
    Started Command table but only collected my first Companion Niya. She is getting all the XP including the Wisps of Memory. That means that my troops are leveling right along with her. Also bought the alt Renown 40 from Oribos. Niya went Level 1 - 38 in 2 days. I am at Renown 52 with the alt. Once I get to Renown 67, Niya and the troops will take another huge leveling jump. I figure I will be at 60 with Niya and Troops in a couple of weeks maybe between running missions and the wisps? From there I will carry all the other companions to win every fight and they can level along.

Quote Originally Posted by kt6909699 View Post

Another tip. Use the app so that you dont have any downtime for leveling. If my Companions come back low health, I send them out on a high xp mission that I dont need them to win. I miss out on the bag of mats but I get the XP. I do make sure to win all the XP missions.
    If I understand you correctly you have Companions coming back from deliberately failed missions. O...K. That means they are either dead or at least massively low in health unless you are doing missions with them less often in order to let them heal. The first alternative means they are useless for missions with other companions whose missions that you are trying to win (barring massive anima spends) and the latter means you are doing fewer missions. That limits the utility of the technique. Another limitation is that this only works with those companions that are not important to your high difficulty missions. Still in the right situation it's definitely a technique that is viable. I just don't see it as working in most situations. YMMV.