How would you feel about soloq 3v3 arena?

I think it would help a lot of people who don't always have friends online to play with (me being one of those people)
    I would like it if it matched a healer, a melee dps and a caster dps
    And yeah I know sometimes the matchmaking would put together some trash comp but it will happen to everyone so it's not that bad

I think it's a good idea. Every other competitive game lets you solo queue for rated PVP.

I think solo queue rated battlegrounds would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Why not both? Let's go wild

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be so nice. Arena skirmish is soooo easy it doesn't provide much learning. Done about 5-10 almost daily and still have a 100% winrate. I assume rated pvp has more challenging opponents. The problem is that no one invites me to a rated match, as I have no achievements to show from rated pvp, and I don't want to be the one making a group.

Rated BGs would also be awesome. There's so many Pepegas in unrated bgs that it would be a fresh challenge if everyone was similarly skilled.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

People are begging for this for years now and blizz stubbornly refuses... Just sad

Solo MMR matchmaking for RBGs and Arenas should be implemeted from day 1 like it is in every competitive game. Imagine if Dota can only be played with a full party of 5? Nonsense.

y that would cause the same problems we are facing today. people would waste hours to get premade and after a game people leave and u back to searching again. I stopped playing wow these days just cos I do not have friends and people are either soo low (giving 0 effort to learn/read/watch pros) or toxic as hell. Also, ppl who knows their shit asks for achievement which I dont have cos I just started pvp this expansion. so dead end, I pay and cannot play which is extremely weird for a video game and multi million dollar company.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    People are begging for this for years now and blizz stubbornly refuses... Just sad
    yeah, fuck them for not listening to this playerbase. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Solo MMR matchmaking for RBGs and Arenas should be implemeted from day 1 like it is in every competitive game. Imagine if Dota can only be played with a full party of 5? Nonsense.
    This right here... And it should be for all types of arena, not just 3v3.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah, fuck them for not listening to this playerbase. lol
    they'll turn around just like they always do

solo q has got the spotlight, big names are pushing for it, many players bring it up daily in the forums, there's no escape for them this time, just a matter of when

I would be nice to queue into non-meta comps

just revamp 3s skrims with a mmr and weekly conquest quests r that are worth a damn, blizz won't do a separate solo que; and combining it with normal rated would be a disaster on so many levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would even go one step further and implement soloq 5v5 arena. because, you know, why not ? what is the HUGE barrier that prevents them from implementing such a minor thing into the game ? nothing. i mean i ofc have no idea about the technical bullshit but hey, supply / demand right ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    This. There's too much riding on team comp in 3v3. It's not as big of a deal in BGs. If they decided to ever do it, they should at the very least start with BGs, and see how it plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really done much PvP since MoP and I think this is why haha. I would be for being able to queue. It would probably throw the lower ranks out of whack for a while since a lot of new blood would be in there with not a ton of experience but I think it wouldn't hurt anything all that much since the people using it would likely just do it to try and get some conquest for the week.

It's not much different than getting a random group together through chat anyway. The downside here though would be team comps wouldn't be as curated. I feel like a better solution would be to make a new mode kinda like ARAM in MOBAs where you can queue for it but it doesn't require any kind of team comp. It would be chaos in some cases (all healers, all tanks etc) but I think it would be a fun idea.

I feel like people don't understand how terrible some comps are. Once all the healers get pushed into the higher brackets in soloq 2s arena you're just going to get stuck playing your shitty rogue/warrior comps with other 1400 players

comparing WoW to the soloq used in Mobas is a smooth brain thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    I feel like people don't understand how terrible some comps are. Once all the healers get pushed into the higher brackets in soloq 2s arena you're just going to get stuck playing your shitty rogue/warrior comps with other 1400 players

comparing WoW to the soloq used in Mobas is a smooth brain thing to do
    not true at all, mobas do not even ensure a proper rate of carry/support, melee/ranged and solo/junglers/2-3laners, low and mid rated games are plagued by comps that are completely non-viable, does it matter? no, it happens to everyone so their mmr is practically unaffected since it's relevant to others

how does this balance out? by other people having the exact same issue, everyone will get some loses due to poor matches so it evens out in the longterm and much better than mobas, solo q will obviously guarantee that healers are evenly matched, it's not like you can have teams with 2 healers or no healers in 3s

whats the worst case scenario? something like healer + sub rogue +fury warrior? you still have tons of damage and can have the warrior train someone while the rogue tries to cc/burst people add a bit of rotating in the mix and you can work with something

and again this will happen to everyone, it's not like during the entire season individual players are going to be constantly paired with poor comps while others will be rolling with ideal partners 100% of the time

in fact mixing things up and play with/against unorthodox comps would be a breath of fresh air for the game, facing the same or similar comps for like a decade now has already gotten old... skilled players able to adapt will also get rewarded compared to people who just perform scripted openers/rotations

besides since when does something need to be perfect to be implemented? is M+ perfect? far from it, still it's the best thing that happened to PvE for a very long time
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2021-03-17 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    not true at all, mobas do not even ensure a proper rate of carry/support, melee/ranged and solo/junglers/2-3laners, low and mid rated games are plagued by comps that are completely non-viable, does it matter? no, it happens to everyone so their mmr is practically unaffected since it's relevant to others

how does this balance out? by other people having the exact same issue, everyone will get some loses due to poor matches so it evens out in the longterm and much better than mobas, solo q will obviously guarantee that healers are evenly matched, it's not like you can have teams with 2 healers or no healers in 3s

whats the worst case scenario? something like healer + sub rogue +fury warrior? you still have tons of damage and can have the warrior train someone while the rogue tries to cc/burst people add a bit of rotating in the mix and you can work with something

and again this will happen to everyone, it's not like during the entire season individual players are going to be constantly paired with poor comps while others will be rolling with ideal partners 100% of the time

in fact mixing things up and play with/against unorthodox comps would be a breath of fresh air for the game, facing the same or similar comps for like a decade now has already gotten old... skilled players able to adapt will also get rewarded compared to people who just perform scripted openers/rotations

besides since when does something need to be perfect to be implemented? is M+ perfect? far from it, still it's the best thing that happened to PvE for a very long time

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think that a moba not having a support character would equate to 2 unviable dps being grouped with an unviable healer lmao

you're trying to compare a game with 5 keybindings to one with moderately complicated classes and Metas that become even more complicated when trying to PVP and that's because you're not good at WoW PVP

WOW isn't plug and play dps/dps/healer like a MOBA is, a druid playing thorns would counter any non meta melee cleave, the game isn't balanced around letting everyone equally participate in 3v3 with any given comp, unfortunately

funny but from my point of you you can't even see the point that it eventually evens out as ratings are relative and anyone else involved will have the exact same issue

if we assing ~X loses to everyone in the ladder, the ratings remain unchanged, just like sometimes you're going to lose because you got in a bad comp some other times you're going to win because your opponents got in a bad comp, we're all going to be in the same train

and for the record you clearly have no idea on how significant picks are in mobas - there are way more roles than healer/dps involved and that's before even examining individual hero compatibility and synergies between them, i'd rather get into arena as warrior/rogue than play a game of 5 carries in moba, at least on the first scenario i might get lucky and manage to blind healer + stun/burst a dps, on the moba what am i even supposed to do when our towers begin to fall apart and the enemy team outlevels and outfarms us more and more by the minute?