Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by uwotm869 View Post
    Oh fuck off the vast majority of MMO players are solo players. I know this fact hurts your little social sheep butt, unfortunately it’s true and it’s better you accept that MMOs are for the most part single player games that you share a world with other people, with the niche option for high end content to be done with a group of people. Everything else should be soloable

Deal with it, mate
    Oh i get it

1. when wow has 11 million subs and is very social: "hey lets add more solo content to give those types of people something to do!"
    2. blizz keeps adding solo content and destroying communities until all the social players leave.
    3. wow is down to 2-3 million subs, most are now solo players
    4. "wow is a solo game! it needs to cater to solo players. social players can fock off!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    then don't start - just that torghast was a good opportunity for some solo action. Sure it is an MMO-C, except when the 80% of the time it isn't.
    that needs to STOP.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Torg WAS fun.. until you do it 500 times lol

Hey at least its more fun than islands

For me it needs:

A lot more visual variety. One idea I had is, Zovaal could have just captured entire areas from other realms of the Shadowlands in the Maw and bound them to Torghast. So you could have levels that look like decaying versions of the other four zones or even more exotic areas instead of everything by more of Icecrown.

A lot more build variety. As a prot venthyr paladin, my way of going through Torghast is get haste, get more duration for wings, buff up Ashen Hollow in every way and all so I can max HoW damage (and Ashen Hollow damage itself). In TC, I'd say almost every one of my 8 runs ended roughly the same. And it didn't have to be all about two abilities. They could easily have had a cycle of anima powers buffing consecration or shield of the righteous. Or heck, turning a utility power into a damage powerhouse. Instead my playstyle ends up being cooldown-centric by default.

And finally yes, better rewards. People want to be rewarded for what they do. Yes normal runs give ash. I have crafted three rank 4 legendaries by now which pretty much cover the two specs I play. I still do Torghast because it's still fun enough for two runs per week, but I don't particularly get excited about it, just so I can craft some offspec legendary I might use once per month. Visions were fucking boring after a point but I'd still run them because they were rewarding. Back in Blizzcon the promise was that Torghast would be a solo game path; it is anything but. And there is absolutely no reward for clearing TC layer 8 more than once when even at high gear levels it is still reasonably challenging and most importantly takes a fairly long time (or alternatively can be speed run but then becomes VERY challenging).