Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's not that bad, but the activity has taken a dump I feel. Politics is very active and horrible bad, but it's bad everywhere these days so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Afaik the virus doesnt make anyone asshats. Its humanity in general. With or without pandemic.

Its the new culture we got resumed in a few words. "Give me that, it's mine"
    He isn't talking about the virus itself. He means that the pandemic has caused shutdowns leaving people stuck at home all the time. That leads to what is called "cabin fever" which is being cooped up in the same place for days on end and not being able to live life as you used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's pretty much how forums tend to be.
    No one's forced to participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

that has been the case for many years.

Not as bad as reddit just yet,but still pretty damn bad. At this point I'm just here because it's funny to look at

mmo-champ has been a circle jerk since Wrath - this isn't new.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and you could have written the same in 2008 on this very forum, because even back then the people would tell you that they see the shit pile up year after year.

In fact, they called the 12 million subs of WotLK "proof that flies like shit".....so there is that.

...also this. When I joined here in 2008, I came from the very civil, very moderated incgamers forums. I was amazed how bad the tone on MMO-C was. And shoot me if I know why I stayed here - Guess it was the buzzing activity that attracted me.

Compared to that time, this place actually has become quite civil.
    I came here because of the shitposting. The Mage forum was moderated by a guy in my guild back in Cata and he used to talk about how he'd ban people for things like improper grammar or just because he didn't like their signature. This place was wayyyyyyy different back then.

edit: To note, this was also back when elitistjerks was still a thing and one of the most incredible things I can remember from that site was the giant thread of what the moderators would remove for any number of reasons (mostly stupidity). It was incredibly toxic but also very, very amusing.

edit 2: It's still around, lmfao -- you have to go to the wayback machine but here it is... the thread of ultimate suck: http://web.archive.org/web/201002072...ultimate_suck/
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-01-15 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This isn't really a proper thread for this forum. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead