torghast corridor RNG

seriously, someone in game jsut say to me that thorgast is not that rng at all

here my experience: 1st run : i had around 100 anima power that was only dps one, a few one was for defence and it was not my fault , in 18 floor i had 0 anima offer for more pv , no boost pv, no boost rat pv etc.. on the 18th floor i was at 20k pv and my pet at 12-13k pv, so ya the last boss just one shootted me

2nd run :around 65 anima only i finished it with 50% less dps but this time with around 240k pv and pet 180-190k pv, the boss was stupid eazy (it was the tree boss by the way, not the slime or the slug or the f@##@$ vampire who bolt you at 300m) anyway, you can see that the tower is clearly bad coded

you need to be lucky in anima and lucky to have the good last boss, its not fun , blizzard said the tower would be fun casual and all, its not lol

well...it is if the rng is with you

Pretty much the entire point of Rogue-likes is getting the best you can and, if not, trying again.

Also, "pv"?. Guessing you mean hp aka Health?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all 8 layers and from my experience - I had only one layer run where I really god awful powers through and through and still made it.

It all depends on class/spec, but in case of my spec there is at least 2-3 viable power paths to end boss and you need really freaky bad powers RNG to not manage it.

That said, if you have 20k HP and 13k HP pet, then maybe you need to worry about getting a bit better gear outside Torghast to begin with, because these are like WQ gear values and after all said and done - Twisting Corridors are supposed to be a challenge mode - not some silly willy tourist mode you are expected to clear like other locations.

Yes, RNG is strong. Some people like it and find it fun. Obviously not everyone will enjoy it.
    You seem to be a person who is not enjoying it. Don't torture yourself and stop going in there.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The only RNG that matters is the first 5 floors. After that, you should have everything you need to be successful. By 18, you should have everything. If you don't get your key powers by 5 just restart. Only happened to me once.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My advice is to go on WOWhead and study what powers drop so you will know which are the best ones to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Have you done level 8 on every class and spec? With every combination of rng?
    Yes. /10char