Angry Pet AI busted again for BM?

I thought pet AI was pretty bad in BFA, getting stuck on carapace ramp if you were on the left side etc.

But now, now it's just silly. Is anyone else having the issue where you Kill Command, then your second pet just derps by your side doing nothing until you KC again and maybe he sticks?
    This has happened several times and I'm not even sure there's a fix. I've been using /petattack /pet claw type macros for all my generators while pet is on assist so that shouldn't be the issue.

I'm very close to throwing in the towel and playing Killer Instinct or crafting MM leggo and calling it a day.

/end rant

I have noticed some pet shenanigans in open world and sometimes during raids as well, sometimes pets not following when I commanded them back, sometimes getting stuck in a place, as if they were rooted, and I'd need to passive/resummon.

That is, just about last week when I was perhaps coerced to switch to MM for the first time in twelve years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed any significant pet weirdness this expansion, which has surprised me as BFA was horrendous in that regard.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I thought pet AI was pretty bad in BFA, getting stuck on carapace ramp if you were on the left side etc.

But now, now it's just silly. Is anyone else having the issue where you Kill Command, then your second pet just derps by your side doing nothing until you KC again and maybe he sticks?
    This has happened several times and I'm not even sure there's a fix. I've been using /petattack /pet claw type macros for all my generators while pet is on assist so that shouldn't be the issue.

I'm very close to throwing in the towel and playing Killer Instinct or crafting MM leggo and calling it a day.

/end rant
    Yep, have experienced this since...start of BfA I would say.

I have a keybind for my /petattack on a separate key. It tends to get used quite a lot in raids due to how the pet AI works.

Also the issues with my Animal Companion, where it tends to not listen to pet stances(assist/defensive) despite how I'm not pressing any keys. It also has the same issues as my main pet where if Kill Command is pressed, it can result in the AC pet...losing it's "focus" so to say.

Pet assist doesn't work either.
    I have to use a pet on bosses in M+ and it just sits there doing nothing on "Assist" until I manually tell him to attack.

Reminds me of why I prefer playing MM over any other spec ever since raids got a little bit more troublesome. I just don't want to handle that thing. That's why it's on "assist" and not on "passive".

Had an issue on Shriekwing the other week, all the pets from all the hunters just standing behind one pillar, when the boss was moved in a certain place. All doing nothing.

Pet pathing has been broken since Vanilla in a variety of ways.

I didn't really like MM spec before, but I'm glad they've forced my hand a bit since I no longer have to deal with idiotic pets...

Hmm, sounds like I'm going MM for raids as soon as I get a decent weapon. Sadly with my gear setup it's better to stay BM even with wonky pet AI.
    Maybe one day Pets will work eh?

That thing is happening since bfa start, you can fix it by putting the pet passive then put back assist.

I personally found people always severely overdramatizing the issues. Are there bugs? Sure
    But having a /petfollow /petpassive and /petassist /petattack macro/keybind goes a very long way in solving these issue fast.

There are games that have it much worse.

THAT SAID, it's been quite bad in BfA and in SL now. Noticably worse than previous expansions.
    Not as much that there are more issues and places where your pets get stuck; but rather that they seemingly dont get fixed at all.

I reported quite a few in BfA and some of them never got fixed throughout the expansion (and I doubt I was the only one reporting them).

I thing what doesn't help SL in this case is that BM is a pretty bad spec right now. Most hunters are running a round pet-less which leads to much less reports of buggy places.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebid View Post
    I have noticed some pet shenanigans in open world and sometimes during raids as well, sometimes pets not following when I commanded them back, sometimes getting stuck in a place, as if they were rooted, and I'd need to passive/resummon.

That is, just about last week when I was perhaps coerced to switch to MM for the first time in twelve years.
    Try it in Sire they pet will literally not follow you to in part 2. You literally either have to dismiss it and re summon it again. Even then it still does all sort of werid thing. This happen to Demo lock pet as well.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeonss View Post
    That thing is happening since bfa start, you can fix it by putting the pet passive then put back assist.
    Might work for you. Doesn't work for all.

I've dismissed/resummon - I've set it on all the aggression options back and forth (passive, assist, defense(where it only attacks what attacks you). They just stay in passive. Its like the other modes stopped existing entirely and we went back to Early Wow (when it was either all aggro/or passive).

For me, it never happened in BFA. Its only started happening this expansion - for what that's worth. Yes, I have a 'pet send/attack' macro that I use regardless, but still - I really liked being able to do defense or assist depending on the needs of the day. And now the buttons do nothing at all.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've encountered many odd pet behaviors so far this expansion. Most annoyingly has been on Sire Denathrius where one of my pets keep running back to me even though he's on assist and I keep forcing him back to attack with /petattack. I've toggled between aggression modes and use macros to force my pet to attack but it still keeps happening. I've also had situations where they get stuck and don't follow me so I have to dismiss and resummon. I've had them play dead and then they won't wake up so I have to dismiss and resummon. I've had my pet die but it won't let me revive because it says I have a pet active and it won't let me summon because it says my pet is dead. Once again, I have to dismiss and resummon. Yes, BfA has some terrible AI on many encounters. The problem was never fixed.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Also had one or both pets doing absolutely nothing in Necrotic Wake on the third boss. I ended up switching to MM because of how bad the pet AI has been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    Try it in Sire they pet will literally not follow you to in part 2. You literally either have to dismiss it and re summon it again. Even then it still does all sort of werid thing. This happen to Demo lock pet as well.
    its sucks on sire, cause as a demo lock my dreadstalkers and my wrathguard cant attack the ranged adds even though im commanded to attack em... So i usually put down a circle, and then a gateway and teleport over to the platform so im melee with the ranged adds and it works, then i either circle back, or get pulled back by the boss during his big booms.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

uci will ban lance armstrong