What changed with Boomkin trinket sims?

Why are Soulleting Ruby and Ordance simming much higher than other trinkets now?

Trinket sims are notoriously iffy for a number of reasons. Chief among them is usually fight timings, which can make certain trinkets jump or down, depending on how things line up in the fight in question. A sim doesn't account for that, because it's usually a generic dummy with zero mechanics (or, depending on the sim, with a fixed pattern of mechanics) which isn't actually a realistic representation of raid bosses.

Analyzing high-ranking logs, it seems that Ordnance + Quantum and Ordnance + Bell do best on pure single-target. On multi-target fights it's a mixture of various options, including Quantum, Bell, Changeling, PvP Insignia, and Cabalist. Ruby isn't usually represented much. Given the sample sizes involved, it's a fair assumption that this seems to be a good gauge of the effective power of those trinkets in actual raid fights, irrespective of what sims may suggest.

Not sure what is with you guys and answering questions I'm not asking. I'm not asking why trinket sims aren't matching real world performance, or why an on-use trinket is simming better than a passive, I'm asking why specifically the two trinkets Soulletting Ruby and Empyreal Ordnance started to sim higher than a couple weeks ago

Don't forget shifts in stat ratings as gear gets better and potentially better understanding of the mechanics of the trinkets.

On a semi-related note, there may be something up with sims currently. Raidbots is claiming that adding a haste socket(as in, using the item from Ve'nari and putting a haste gem in) to my gear would result in a 2% DPS loss.
    Last edited by huth; 2021-02-26 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Not sure what is with you guys and answering questions I'm not asking. I'm not asking why trinket sims aren't matching real world performance, or why an on-use trinket is simming better than a passive, I'm asking why specifically the two trinkets Soulletting Ruby and Empyreal Ordnance started to sim higher than a couple weeks ago
    Both of these trinkes have delayed effect so in theory you can have int from ordnance + mastery from bell at the same time for your second and third convoke. I'm not sure if it is worth it because you have to stay at max range for ordnance so you won't get int buff too soon and you really have to hit perfect timing.

The best use of this you can see at mythic sludgefist where you have to utilise his burst window.

EDIT: or if you are simply asking why didn't they sim so high before, simcraft devs probably didn't know how to properly sim them
    Last edited by Saubon; 2021-03-05 at 08:27 AM.

Soulletting Ruby and Empyreal Ordnance simmed the highest for as long as I can remember tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Go ask the simcraft guys. That's the only way to really figure out why this is different.