Lightbulb [ Guide ] 4 macros to put a POI on the map

Oribos is annoying. I forget where everything is because
    its a big nondescript circle. But you can put POIs on the map
    with some macros.

It is recommended that you copy / paste the macros from the
    code box. the first set of macros are there just for
    readability.

/run zzyhg = CreateFrame("Frame", "oria", WorldMapFrame.BorderFrame)zzyhg:SetSize(80, 50)zzyhg:SetPoint("CENTER", 0, 135)zzyhg.bg = zzyhg:CreateTexture()zzyhg.bg:SetColorTexture(1,1,1)zzyhg.bg:SetAllPoints()testtextx = "Bank\nGreat Vault\nGuild Vault"

/run zzyht = zzyhg:CreateFontString(zzyhg, "OVERLAY", "GameTooltipText")zzyht:SetWordWrap(true)zzyht:SetText(testtextx)zzyht:SetTextColor(0,0,0) zzyht:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 5, -3)

/run local a = zzyhg:CreateLine()a:SetColorTexture(1,0,0,1)a:SetStartPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",10,10)a:SetEndPoi nt("BOTTOMLEFT",-30,-50)

/run function xxyyzq()local x = WorldMapFrame.mapID;if (x == 1670)then zzyhg:Show()else zzyhg:Hide()end;C_Timer.After(1,xxyyzq)end;xxyyzq()

the first macro adds a frame to worldmapframe.borderframe,
    which is our map. it will create a white box. we also create
    a text string that will go inside that box.

the second macro creates a font string attached to the white
    box. the font is black and set with a small border.

the third macro is a bit more advanced. this draws a red line
    from the white box towards the general area where the bank
    and vaults are. Notice how this line can actually extend
    beyond the frame.

the fourth macro checks to see if the map is oribos. the oribos
    map number is 1670. if its not, hide everything we created.

Note that the frame coordinates are for my resolution and for
    when the quest list is open. it may not be aligned for your map.
    if i close the quest panel, it will be off target.

Code:
    /run zzyhg = CreateFrame("Frame", "oria", WorldMapFrame.BorderFrame)zzyhg:SetSize(80, 50)zzyhg:SetPoint("CENTER", 0, 135)zzyhg.bg = zzyhg:CreateTexture()zzyhg.bg:SetColorTexture(1,1,1)zzyhg.bg:SetAllPoints()testtextx = "Bank\nGreat Vault\nGuild Vault"

/run zzyht = zzyhg:CreateFontString(zzyhg, "OVERLAY", "GameTooltipText")zzyht:SetWordWrap(true)zzyht:SetText(testtextx)zzyht:SetTextColor(0,0,0)zzyht:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 5, -3)

/run local a = zzyhg:CreateLine()a:SetColorTexture(1,0,0,1)a:SetStartPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",10,10)a:SetEndPoint("BOTTOMLEFT",-30,-50)

/run function xxyyzq()local x = WorldMapFrame.mapID;if (x == 1670)then zzyhg:Show()else zzyhg:Hide()end;C_Timer.After(1,xxyyzq)end;xxyyzq()
    - - - Updated - - -

Here is a full set of POIs I drew on my Oribos map using this method.

Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-03-04 at 03:17 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Seriously? Difficult to memorize those 4 quarters?

I can't imagine how you ever navigated through any of the original Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Seriously? Difficult to memorize those 4 quarters?

I can't imagine how you ever navigated through any of the original Cities.
    This could also be useful in Castle Nathria, with its confusing labyrinth of stairs, mirrors and corridors leading to different bosses.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only thing confusing about Nathria is remembering which mirror leads where. After Shriekwing, the left side is just one path. The right side leads to what is essentially three levels. Then you go back to the entrance for Sludgefist then a single teleport.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The only thing confusing about Nathria is remembering which mirror leads where. After Shriekwing, the left side is just one path. The right side leads to what is essentially three levels. Then you go back to the entrance for Sludgefist then a single teleport.
    I get in a brain fog after the 15th wipe and lose my way.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/handynotes-oribos

I am not intending on stealing your thunder since you clearly put effort into this. But handy notes (which most people use) has an Oribos plugin. And it always adds a map ping any time you zone into the flight master section so you know what direction to run for it. It's very handy, pun intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/handynotes-oribos

I am not intending on stealing your thunder since you clearly put effort into this. But handy notes (which most people use) has an Oribos plugin. And it always adds a map ping any time you zone into the flight master section so you know what direction to run for it. It's very handy, pun intended!
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows about handynotes.

This is about putting a POI on the map on the fly with just a macro.