Why aren't rogues destealthing with dots on them?

I don't remember this being a thing in Legion and BFA.

I wait for rogues to respawn in GY and dot them, they vanish with the dot still ticking on them (i can see the dmg ticks) but it's not breaking their stealth.

Did vanish mechanics change?

I can even see where they are because the scrolling text goes above their location while I spam holy nova on them. They dont' destealth.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-03-20 at 08:08 PM.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=341529/cloaked-in-shadows

Conduit to give a little shield when you stealth. Means that since damage doesn't actually hit your hp pool you don't leave stealth. It's only good for a couple ticks of a dot or one aoe spell or so though.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=341529/cloaked-in-shadows

Conduit to give a little shield when you stealth. Means that since damage doesn't actually hit your hp pool you don't leave stealth. It's only good for a couple ticks of a dot or one aoe spell or so though.
    Hmm.

Thank you.

Is it intended to restealth with this conduit even with dot? (No cloak no vanish)

I am a disc and my dot can’t keep rogue out of stealth because he gains a 10% hp shield when entering Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox stealth.
    Last edited by jeokaleo; 2021-04-17 at 10:59 AM.

Vanish makes it so you don't get kicked out stealth from taking damage for the next 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    I believe they are fixing this in 9.1
    yeah because god forbid rogue could avoid their core mechanic being defeated by every one of the million of shitty 1 hour long 1 dps dot that every class seems to have nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by annamoa View Post
    yeah because god forbid rogue could avoid their core mechanic being defeated by every one of the million of shitty 1 hour long 1 dps dot that every class seems to have nowadays
    If stealth openers weren't so fucking busted, yeah maybe.

Those super long dots are really silly, but just cause one mechanic is silly doesn't mean every other mechanic has a free pass to also be silly.

Because blizzard decided Rogues mispaying should not be punished

What did you expect to outplay people? hah

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Because blizzard decided Rogues mispaying should not be punished

What did you expect to outplay people? hah
    "rogue misplaying": being around another player while they sneeze

god forbid you'd have to actually make a trifle effort to prevent a restealth. like, a proper dot that does some actual dps, or an aoe, or a flare, or

god forbid you'd have to actually make a trifle effort to prevent a restealth. like, a proper dot that does some actual dps, or an aoe, or a flare, or
    are you playing the game? are you 1100 rating or something? rogues restealth is clearly broken, but yeah i guess an average player wouldnt know that

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    are you playing the game? are you 1100 rating or something? rogues restealth is clearly broken, but yeah i guess an average player wouldnt know that
    Shove your elitism up your ass, you worthless idiot. Do you feel so undervalued in life that you have to cling onto your Important Video Game Rating? Pitiful.

I'm all for changing the duration of SW:P to half it's current duration, of course in favor of making the ticks hit like cargo train falling from the sky. Isn't that what you asked too, for dots to hit more? Win - win compromise there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    If stealth openers weren't so fucking busted, yeah maybe.
    Stealth openers have been nerfed repeatedly since the start of the expac. It's pretty much impossible to one-shot an equally-geared opponent, and god forbid you stay out of stealth for more than about 30 seconds in a teamfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Stealth openers have been nerfed repeatedly since the start of the expac. It's pretty much impossible to one-shot an equally-geared opponent, and god forbid you stay out of stealth for more than about 30 seconds in a teamfight.
    It's not just damage from stealth, it's also the amount of basically unstoppable cc you get. You can literally cheapshot 3 people from a simple restealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's not just damage from stealth, it's also the amount of basically unstoppable cc you get. You can literally cheapshot 3 people from a simple restealth.
    No offense but you're wrong about this. The problem with Sub in 9.0 is that being able to restealth with DoTs on wasn't about getting triple cheapshot openers - that's still possible with Subterfuge and will continue into 9.1 despite the conduit nerf, it'll just cost you a Shadowstep if you're restealthing behind a pillar or out of range of your targets - it was about staying out of the fight between cooldowns, and mostly in 2s it was about resetting your Master Assassin 100% crit window. If a Sub Rogue couldn't restealth they would get shredded by the insane damage meta of Shadowlands - Rogues die in a stun, even if they play Orc and pre-feint goes.

Rogue is a class that suffers from being able to absolutely dominate lesser geared/skilled players in the right hands. Sub is impossible to balance because if it does damage you can kill someone before they can even press a button, if it doesn't do damage it becomes an extremely niche support class that's completely reliant on another DPS - usually a Mage - to be viable at high end play. The only way to be viable as Sub in 9.0 is to hit and run. Outside of your Shadowdance, you run and hide, end of story. You can easily win a long game with less damage done than a healer and without ever pressing Backstab. Just horrible gameplay.

In 9.1 two important things are happening to Sub Rogues - they can no longer get restealths forever, Cloaked in Shadows will now have a timer so it will drop off quickly. Also - Master Assassin is nerfed in PvP, the 100% crit window now lasts 2.4 seconds instead of 4. If you're setting up a sheep for your mage and cheapshotting the other DPS in 3s before your go on the kill target, that legendary now has zero use.

Even though in 9.1 triple Cheapshot Subterfuge openers every 24 seconds will still be possible, I can all but guarantee you have more to worry about from Assa Rogues who can run at you without stealth, DoT you up then destroy you with Vendetta/Kidney and the new Sharpen Blade style healing debuff on Shiv.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Only an average player would complain about restealth mechanics. Certain conduits/mechanics give certain privileges. Good players overcome, the average whine in forums about it.
    I overcame and became rank 1 and I still can give constructive criticism to dumb mechanics

I don't play my rogue anymore since they added DHs.
    Talk about spitting in the face of everyone who mained rogue. Luckily I think that was the smallest percentage of all classes, so yea if you need to insult your players go ahead and do it to the rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    convoke gladiators.
    Lol. So true.