Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Ethereals will be the next playable Alliance race, and it shall be the Ren'dorei to bring them into the Alliance. After all the Ren'dorei literally have a racial called "Ethereal Affinity", and Alleria Windrunner, the leader of the Ren'dorei, was tutored in the dangerous arts of the Void by Locus-Walker, the mysterious Void Ethereal. It is therefore not a surprise that: 1) Ethereals will join the Alliance 2) This will be done thanks to the Ren'dorei.

And as I predicted years ago, the Ren'dorei continue to contribute to the Alliance far more than most other Alliance races have.

The logic would say Ogre and furbolg if we keep the faction dynamic. But it seems even Blizzard aknowledged that splitting everything in two is no longer good for their game. Also, as Kul Tiras and Pandaren proves earlier, the big belly races are not popular mostly because most textures looks ugly on them since they're extended to fit their big body.

So I'd say vrykul would be the next playable race, and a neutral one for a few reason :

-They fit both the knightly aesthetic of the Alliance with the val'kyr and halls of valor, but also match the Horde's barbaric and savage themes with the drakkar / viking aesthetic that defines them.
    -It's a popular race among the players because of their nordic-inspired style
    -Outside of the two most exotics expansions, vrykuls were almost everywhere since Wrath (not as much as ogre tho)

The only problem is their size, but I could see Blizzard shrinking them.

One of the thing they also need to do is merge every allied race to their inspired counterpart, except maybe void elf and nightborne (unless they plan on removing factions) because at this point it's useless to separate two races who shares the same body. It just makes less customization for everyone which is a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Horde Ogres and Alliance Naga.

Ogres should’ve been a Horde race from the get go. Naga are free of Old God control now, presumably some may have relatives still alive among the NEs. If this whole Night Warrior thing ends with Tyrande dead, I could definitely see Malfurion being more willing to reconcile with Naga than Tyrande would’ve.
    Unlikely.
    Naga share more in common with the Blood elves and Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by lozza View Post
    Other than that perhaps after we defeated N'Zoth the Naga could be affected in some way, maybe they can start to return to a more scaley High Elf look and be picked up by Alliance
    They were never High elves.
    And, that is not a Naga.
    We, already, have High elves in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ethereals will be the next playable Alliance race, and it shall be the Ren'dorei to bring them into the Alliance. After all the Ren'dorei literally have a racial called "Ethereal Affinity", and Alleria Windrunner, the leader of the Ren'dorei, was tutored in the dangerous arts of the Void by Locus-Walker, the mysterious Void Ethereal. It is therefore not a surprise that: 1) Ethereals will join the Alliance 2) This will be done thanks to the Ren'dorei.

And as I predicted years ago, the Ren'dorei continue to contribute to the Alliance far more than most other Alliance races have.
    *Connection, not affiliation.

True, though i don't know if next in-line.

Void Ethereals on Telogrus Rift are friendly.

They'd use the updated skeleton and animations of the Brokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The logic would say Ogre and furbolg if we keep the faction dynamic. But it seems even Blizzard aknowledged that splitting everything in two is no longer good for their game. Also, as Kul Tiras and Pandaren proves earlier, the big belly races are not popular mostly because most textures looks ugly on them since they're extended to fit their big body.

So I'd say vrykul would be the next playable race, and a neutral one for a few reason :

-They fit both the knightly aesthetic of the Alliance with the val'kyr and halls of valor, but also match the Horde's barbaric and savage themes with the drakkar / viking aesthetic that defines them.
    -It's a popular race among the players because of their nordic-inspired style
    -Outside of the two most exotics expansions, vrykuls were almost everywhere since Wrath (not as much as ogre tho)

The only problem is their size, but I could see Blizzard shrinking them.

One of the thing they also need to do is merge every allied race to their inspired counterpart, except maybe void elf and nightborne (unless they plan on removing factions) because at this point it's useless to separate two races who shares the same body. It just makes less customization for everyone which is a big loss.
    I agree with you on most things.

The male model is, already, quite up-to-date.
    The female model has been used for the Kyrians, who are about to become playable.
    They do, indeed, fit both sides. But, i think if Horde gets Ogres, it makes sense to give the Alliance the Vrykul. They resemble the Dwarves a lot.
    If Diablo 3 had Barbarians, which are basically Vrykul, why can't WoW have them?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Skeletons don't really matter.
    Nightborne use Night elf skeletons.
    Void elf use Blood elf skeletons.
    They are on opposite factions.
    Zandalari males use male night elf skeletons.
    Sure, they could swap the skeletons around and mix them up on the factions, but I still think Forsaken and Worgen deserve their shared-skeleton ARs in one form or another. Alteraci don't make much sense on Alliance, but they could always add that skeleton to Alliance as thin human pirates or something instead.

At the end of the day, the only ones that truly broke the AR using the same skeleton rule were Kul Tirans and male Zandalari (and Zandalari recycled an old skeleton too, plus Kul Tirans are basically a combination of the vengeance DH demon skeleton and Pandaren skeleton). Even Vulpera used the Goblin skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Sure, they could swap the skeletons around and mix them up on the factions, but I still think Forsaken and Worgen deserve their shared-skeleton ARs in one form or another. Alteraci don't make much sense on Alliance, but they could always add that skeleton to Alliance as thin human pirates or something instead.

At the end of the day, the only ones that truly broke the AR using the same skeleton rule were Kul Tirans and male Zandalari (and Zandalari recycled an old skeleton too, plus Kul Tirans are basically a combination of the vengeance DH demon skeleton and Pandaren skeleton). Even Vulpera used the Goblin skeleton.
    Most likely undead AR are Calia/Derek -like undead.

As for Worgen, i'm not quite sure. But, i lean towards the Sethrak.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Most likely undead AR are Calia/Derek -like undead.

As for Worgen, i'm not quite sure. But, i lean towards the Sethrak.
    They could also skip the lightforged undead and go with full skeletons (like bony boys, not talking about 3d model skeletons this time).

Sethrak would also be a great addition, but they don't seem to fit the AR mold to me. They would be better as a full new race.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    They could also skip the lightforged undead and go with full skeletons (like bony boys, not talking about 3d model skeletons this time).

Sethrak would also be a great addition, but they don't seem to fit the AR mold to me. They would be better as a full new race.
    The problem with skeletons is gender.

No, they fit like Vulpera. non-related to main races but use pre-existing female worgen rig.

If some skeletons were using the female animations and sound files and even hair styles, they’d be passable enough. I would say the real issue would be how armor would sit on them. I’d play a skeleton, that would cool
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

I doubt they'll do ogres, too much work with a small fanbase, it's goblin/pandas all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    What race will be the next one to be playable?
    People are pulling of some random races - but it really depends on the lore and the theme of next expansion. Also - gender problems - yes, it's a thing.

I don't see why, they would create:
    Naga - it's past now. If anything - they could had done it in Cataclysm, TBC or BFA. The lore is over and done.
    Vrykul - same reasons - best delivered during WOTLK and Legion.
    Arakoa - major in Legion and TBC - don't see why they would revoke them now.

Anything else where you can't see the difference between male/female(think spiders, voidwalkers, dinosaurs and that kind of stuff).

Maybe these?
    Ogre - yes but - no, because female version doesn't exist in the game. Fun fact - they wanted to release ogres during classic/TBC - but they didn't know how to pull of the female version. But they date all the way back to WC1/2 - again, iconic as male(like amazons are female). And I hope they keep it like that by not releasing it.

Most likely?
    Anything related to current expansion got potential. In fact - I bet they are already considering how to use the current and already existing models as playable race without reinventing too much outside customization. Each covenent got male/female models designed nicely.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-04-21 at 09:32 PM.