Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I wonder what would happen if they just replaced every single currency with Gold. No time gating, infinitely pay to win, plain simple Gold.
    Not much really carries and token sales would go up a bit.

Stygia is the only one that really bothers me to be honest. There is simply no way I will manage to upgrade all my conduits to max before a new patch comes out and likely makes the process irrelevant, nevermind if I actually bothered with gem sockets. Anima might also be a bit much if I actually cared about getting everything I could get with it with the sanctum stuff, but luckily I pretty much already have what I wanted on my main at least. Torghast is among the best content ever added to the game in my eyes, so soul ash will never be an issue for me, unless they ruin it with the newly planned timing crap to make it more like mythics.

Here’s a simple explanation. Currencies are old hat. They’re tired, they’re boring. You gain and spend them in the same formulaic ways that have been around in numerous preceding expansions. Hate to break it to ya, but much of WoW is like this. Each expansion is an attempt to reinvent the wheel to give the illusion of new content and new forms of gameplay. The deck just gets reshuffled, while more convenience and quality of life improvements are made to streamline the game design and gameplay process. Blizzard just needs to make a new MMO or people need to move on.

I don't feel like renown qualifies as it's a thing on its own and mostly for cosmetics considering the catch up is fast and it won't take too long to get the final soulbind row unlocked.

Once you craft your bis legendary the soul ash 'farm' becomes very optional and almost a non factor IMO, you can kinda say the same with stygia since chasing sockets isn't necessarily mandatory and even going for the higher ilvl conduits is something not even some of my guildies are doing in a 7/10m guild. Anima is pretty much entirely for side things and cosmetics so not necessarily a big deal either.

I mean sure there's a few currencies but is this really any more 'advanced' than going back to when we had Justice & Valor as 2 separate currencies, you had things like Argent Tournament seals and whatever else. Heck, for all the "it was simpler then" you could flip it and say the talent trees almost required a manual back then compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Stygia is the only one that really bothers me to be honest. There is simply no way I will manage to upgrade all my conduits to max before a new patch comes out and likely makes the process irrelevant, nevermind if I actually bothered with gem sockets. Anima might also be a bit much if I actually cared about getting everything I could get with it with the sanctum stuff, but luckily I pretty much already have what I wanted on my main at least. Torghast is among the best content ever added to the game in my eyes, so soul ash will never be an issue for me, unless they ruin it with the newly planned timing crap to make it more like mythics.
    Start viewing conduits as gear pieces. You shouldn't be mad if you don't get the best gear each patch without playing the hardest content, it is the same with conduits: They are exactly like gear.

I disagree with everybody in this thread, you are all wrong.
    Except the guy who said 'anime doesn't matter', that is the only correct statement here. Read the manga!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Start viewing conduits as gear pieces. You shouldn't be mad if you don't get the best gear each patch without playing the hardest content, it is the same with conduits: They are exactly like gear.
    most people arent bright enough to do this.

like, if you aren't doing heroic cn, you really shouldn't expect to have 213 potency, similarly mythic and 226.

and potency conduits add very, very little through itemlevel, lol. like... <1%

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    You dont lose Sanctum progress when changing covenants.
    I have unlocked all 4 covenants in my warrior. You keep the anima in the deposit, table companions, conduits and at least the "queens conservatory", "path of ascension" upgrades etc. The other sanctum upgrades I havent unlocked beyond stage 2 so cant tell.
    You even keep the active "links" in your anima conductors.

And if you wish you can "migrate" all the anima in your deposit into a new covenant, by buying cosmetic gear right before changing covenant and then sell back at the npc.

Coming back to a previous covenant requires 2 weekly resets tho.
    The migrate part is really useful, will make sure to write it down because I'm really close to finishing all buildings (20k anima total remaining to spend), so I'm gonna donate the rest to the Sanctum for rewards. If I ever change I'd be able to take my donated anima with me.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think "optimization" is sort of a buzzword nowadays.

I mean, what exactly is an optimized character? Is it having your gear and stats exactly right to ensure maximum DPS provided you perfectly execute the rotation? What if you don't pre-pot before the pull, forget food or flask, isn't that less than optimal? If you're playing the game drink and have inhibited motor skills, isn't that not optimal? If you are quadrapeligic and have no choice but to play the game using your teeth, isn't that not optimal? If you don't get all the world buffs in classic, isn't that not optimal?

Maybe I'm being daft. But in my opinion if you're performing to the best of your ability within the parameters of your character's capability, you're optimized. That includes covenant choice. Whether you want the restriction to be lifted or not is irrelevant; the fact is your covenant choice is locked in (soft-locked, rather) so if you show up ready to raid, you should be ready to raid!

Of course, should is italicized because we see how zealous certain parts of the playerbase are in "optimization " Funny how 99% (or so) of the playerbase doesn't do mythic raiding, yet supposedly everyone has to be completely optimized and thus cannot choose any covenant besides that which icy-veins told them. Play the game how you want but don't try to tell others how to play, just don't play with them.