Being asked to verify email address multiple times?

Hey Tsarez! Please verify that your email address is up to date. You'll need to click the X to the right after doing so.
    Every now and then I read this. I think I have already for a few times confirmed my email address. Well, considering there isn't anything really to "confirm" other than to check if my email is still the right one and then pressing X. Because I don't seem to be getting any emails that require me to click on anything, or something similar.

Can I ignore this?

Other than when I created this account...I don't think I have ever had to verify my email address for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Other than when I created this account...I don't think I have ever had to verify my email address for any reason.
    Sometimes it pops up at the top view of the forum. I registered here after being a lurker for some time because I wanted to join the 9.1 discussions. But the forum keeps asking me to confirm and check my email time after time, so I am just a bit confused about what I am doing wrong. If it's a bug we can treat this as a report I guess. Other than that I am not bothered a lot by it.

Sounds phishy.
    I'm using firefox and NoScript and I never get any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Sometimes it pops up at the top view of the forum. I registered here after being a lurker for some time because I wanted to join the 9.1 discussions. But the forum keeps asking me to confirm and check my email time after time, so I am just a bit confused about what I am doing wrong. If it's a bug we can treat this as a report I guess. Other than that I am not bothered a lot by it.
    I've gotten that too, it was long time ago but i think you have to like go into settings and check mail settings and have it send out confirmation email, then you click link in email and then you can close with X or it will keep coming back, because you only close the notification but does not verify.

After you've confirmed your email, you should be able to close the notice and have it gone forever. Let me know if that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    After you've confirmed your email, you should be able to close the notice and have it gone forever. Let me know if that isn't the case.
    Well I confirmed it right after my registration but so far I have not received any new one. Was I supposed to get another one after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Well I confirmed it right after my registration but so far I have not received any new one. Was I supposed to get another one after that?
    Nope, your account looks fully verified as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Nope, your account looks fully verified as far as I can tell.
    Ok thanks. It hasn't shown itself again since the last time. I guess this can be considered done

Thanks!