Rae'sharale. Possible Vanilla/TBC style legendary.

So with the newest PTR build a new Feat of Strength showed up specifically for Sylvanas' bow Rae'shalare, well known for giving hunters a unique and powerful ability.

Given the odd choice to make it legendary when she also drops a dagger with a similar unique appearance and effect that is merely epic does raise an important question.
    Is Rae'shalare going to be a rare drop from Sylvanas, similar to the Glaives of Azzinoth or the bow from Sunwell? (The name escapes me) And if so, is this a welcome addition? One one hand it would be intriguing to have such a powerful weapon and again feel the thrill of a legendary weapon that isnt simply handed to the player on a silver platter, on the other it would create a large disparity in players that get it versus those that don't, most pressingly conssidering such a weapon shouldnt be made obsolete the very patch after getting it. Even with a slightly below average dropchance a player never seeing one drop within the confines of 9.1 is a likely outcome.

Or I suppose it could just be just a Feat of Strength for fun, though I somehow find that unlikely.
    Please feel free to discuss thoughts on this matter.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So with the newest PTR build a new Feat of Strength showed up specifically for Sylvanas' bow Rae'shalare, well known for giving hunters a unique and powerful ability.

Given the odd choice to make it legendary when she also drops a dagger with a similar unique appearance and effect that is merely epic does raise an important question.
    Is Rae'shalare going to be a rare drop from Sylvanas, similar to the Glaives of Azzinoth or the bow from Sunwell? (The name escapes me) And if so, is this a welcome addition? One one hand it would be intriguing to have such a powerful weapon and again feel the thrill of a legendary weapon that isnt simply handed to the player on a silver platter, on the other it would create a large disparity in players that get it versus those that don't, most pressingly conssidering such a weapon shouldnt be made obsolete the very patch after getting it. Even with a slightly below average dropchance a player never seeing one drop within the confines of 9.1 is a likely outcome.

Or I suppose it could just be just a Feat of Strength for fun, though I somehow find that unlikely.
    Please feel free to discuss thoughts on this matter.
    Damn, I need to log onto the PTR later. The last few builds its been an Epic bow, not leggo status.
    If it is indeed Orange text, that will kind of suck if Wailing arrow isn't as strong as other effects in terms of raw dps.
    The AoE silence isn't all that useful in a raid compared to M+ or pvp ye know.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Damn, I need to log onto the PTR later. The last few builds its been an Epic bow, not leggo status.
    If it is indeed Orange text, that will kind of suck if Wailing arrow isn't as strong as other effects in terms of raw dps.
    The AoE silence isn't all that useful in a raid compared to M+ or pvp ye know.
    As someone has pointed out on on different thread, it could simply be a legendary quality bow on tex colour only, with the FoS simply being a holdover from all the other legendary weapons having a FoS attached.
    In this case it would be a regular drop with regular stats, though that still leaves the question of whether it needs to be legendary at all if it will just basically be an epic weapon with a slightly unique on-use effect.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As someone has pointed out on on different thread, it could simply be a legendary quality bow on tex colour only, with the FoS simply being a holdover from all the other legendary weapons having a FoS attached.
    In this case it would be a regular drop with regular stats, though that still leaves the question of whether it needs to be legendary at all if it will just basically be an epic weapon with a slightly unique on-use effect.
    Yeah I dunno why this needs a FoS. Do any of the MoP or WoD leggos have FoS tied to them? I'm sure things like Firelands staff and Fang's of the Father did.
    If this bow is TBC era style orange text with a FoS that's cool but, kind of pointless?
    Plus, given how seasonal WoW is it would be annoying to replace a really cool legendary bow with the next patches M+ bow as you mention. Also, this bow's ilvl is tied to difficulty, it's not like it's a Mythic only drop.
    At least Valanyr in Wrath was a BiS healing mace even through heroic ICC, sometimes beating out Trauma iirc.
    Time will tell, my initial reaction to the FoS is "Okay, but who cares?"

Where i see the main problem is the is NO OTHER ranged weapon that drop in whole raid. So if you want new weapon on mythic ilvl you have to get it from weekly vault.

Also. Legendary has ilvl range from LFR to mythic. So it seems it drops from all 4 difficulties. Does that mean if you want to maximalize a chance that bow will ever drop for you. You have kill sylvanas each week on all difficulties.

Blizzard should make that bow can drop only from your 1st kill each week regardless of difficulty.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2021-06-16 at 05:55 AM.

All legendaries outside of LEgion have a FoS. Also it looks like the bow doesn't count against crafted legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Where i see the main problem is the is NO OTHER ranged weapon that drop in whole raid. So if you want new weapon on mythic ilvl you have to get it from weekly vault.

Also. Legendary has ilvl range from LFR to mythic. So it seems it drops from all 4 difficulties. Does that mean if you want to maximalize a chance that bow will ever drop for you. You have kill sylvanas each week on all difficulties.

Blizzard should make that bow can drop only from your 1st kill each week regardless of difficulty.
    They added a bow and a gun to the raid 2 builds ago. pretty recent. I have a feeling the leggo bow is going to have an increasing drop chance the higher difficulty you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Plus, given how seasonal WoW is
    wow has always been seasonal. its called raid tiers. its only been recent that they focused on keeping people in the latest tier instead of working through it at their own pace

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Can someone still subbed check if the bow and quiver drop from Sylvanas LFR? This info was very conflicting in various PTR builds…

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Can someone still subbed check if the bow and quiver drop from Sylvanas LFR? This info was very conflicting in various PTR builds…
    According to my dungeon journal. The quiver drops in lfr, but not the bow

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    The bow drops from normal and above. Quiver from all difficulties. Bow comes in one color, quiver comes in different variants.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Mage here, coming in peace. Was perusing the new raid loot and saw the Hunter loot that drops from Sylvanas. Just wanted to say how glad I am you guys are finally getting a legit quiver. Long time coming. The bow looks awesome too, good luck to you all.