Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post

Take glorious's feedback. He wants others to be made to grind to give himself a weird sense of fulfillment it's to the point I honestly don't believe he enjoys the game hes playing he simply craves feeling like he accomplished something.

Simply keep them quarantined and cut off from the rest of the game.
    Two things I'd like to address here.

The first is I don't really give a god damn shit what you do. I'm just not interested in a game thats balanced around your desire to raid log and not participate in any other content. My opinion is the game is much more casual friendly if you were forced but I don't give a flying fuck to be honest either way.

Second I rather think its the mythic raid community that should be isolated. Stat templates for the raid, ZERO loot inside the raid and maybe extra gold.or something I dont know. You guys just do it for the "content" right.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-06-26 at 04:12 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I would say they enjoy a portion of the content, which they endure a bigger portion of the content as a chore, in order to further enjoy that former mentioned content they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

The first is I don't really give a god damn shit what you do. I'm just not interested in a game thats balanced around your desire to raid log and not participate in any other content. My opinion is the game is much more casual friendly if you were forced but I don't give a flying fuck to be honest either way.

Second I rather think its the mythic raid community that should be isolated. Stat templates for the raid, ZERO loot inside the raid and maybe extra gold.or something I dont know. You guys just do it for the "content" right.
    I would enjoy it, templated mythic raids. Shame half of any guild I've been in would quit

And what I would like to see is to have a possibility to reach peak of power using any method including a damned pet battles, just that mythic raids would be faster but no route should be fucked like now.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I would enjoy it, templated mythic raids. Shame half of any guild I've been in would quit
    Of course they would and so would the OP and everybody who shares his stance.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

You believe a game is more casual friendly if it demands you do every single grind it has?

I mean that sounds ridiculous but I'm willing to let you explain your... let's call it reasoning.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Atm I’m not enjoying SL that much. I enjoyed the first 6 months a lot but I completely stopped playing one month ago when I suddenly realized (verge to KSM) I was spending far more time trying to find people to do the content than to do the content itself (M+ in my case).
    It's funny when retail fans !@#$ on classic for this very reason lol. For all the Diablo- and esport-ification running amok in the current game, devs are seemingly unable to fix what was one of Vanilla's biggest weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Assuming this isn't clickbait, you are asking this question in a community site mainly followed by haters and vocal minorities.

Therefore, this is far from the average player's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's funny when retail fans !@#$ on classic for this very reason lol. For all the Diablo- and esport-ification running amok in the current game, devs are seemingly unable to fix what was one of Vanilla's biggest weaknesses.
    Oh, honestly I wish it was more like Diablo (do what you want, when you want) instead of this “hybrid” which is mixing the worst parts of mmorpgs with the worst part of arpgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You believe a game is more casual friendly if it demands you do every single grind it has?

I mean that sounds ridiculous but I'm willing to let you explain your... let's call it reasoning.
    Its more casual friendly if it offers the ability progress your character in multiple venues in a similar fashion. I.e I can get say 232 item level from doing world quests or mythic raiding whatever the item level is. One reward for everybody but multiple paths. It doesn't have to be gear either, the Legion artifact weapons were basically this its sometimes called alternate advancement.

Why I say the game is more casual friendly if it demands you to do every single grind is really only a concern for a very very small fraction of the player base. Its not raid logger friendly. Which is indeed more casual becsuse it actually offers casual players a relevant path to chracather expansion but also because if dudes can't keep up just raid logging then they can pull up a chair at the casual table and actually grow the number of casual players or they quit but thats like 2 people who gives a shit? Shit even if it wasn't a completely trivial number I'd still expect to have strong systems of AA because theirs no principle reason not to other than tears of a handful.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-06-27 at 05:59 AM.
    The hammer comes down:

Its more casual friendly if it offers the ability progress your character in multiple venues in a similar fashion. I.e I can get say 232 item level from doing world quests or mythic raiding whatever the item level is. One reward for everybody but multiple paths. It doesn't have to be gear either, the Legion artifact weapons were basically this its sometimes called alternate advancement.

Why I say the game is more casual friendly if it demands you to do every single grind is really only a concern for a very very small fraction of the player base. Its not raid logger friendly. Which is indeed more casual becsuse it actually offers casual players a relevant path to chracather expansion but also because if dudes can't keep up just raid logging then they can pull up a chair at the casual table and actually grow the number of casual players or they quit but thats like 2 people who gives a shit? Shit even if it wasn't a completely trivial number I'd still expect to have strong systems of AA because theirs no principle reason not to other than tears of a handful.
    Your talking about rewards again and not content... I just don't get why you don't look for a game that has content you enjoy alongside rewards... why not combine the two?

Wow offers two paths to end game rewards mythic raiding and mythic plus + is this good design? I would say it mostly is... the mostly part comes from the mythic chest but it at least follows risk vs reward.

Torghast crap and any of the alternative power? Pure trash. The content is awful and that isnt something debatable. A video game needs to focus on its content first then look at rewards for it. Blizzard for example is on the record of saying the reason we didnt get another mage tower is because there isn't a reward for it yet...

Such a waste.
    Last edited by Krakan; 2021-06-27 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your talking about rewards again and not content...
    As has to been explained to you on several occasions by several people this distinction is worse than irrelevant. It's simple a convenient tool to justify defending an entirely crappy experience. It doesn't even do that really it just distracts from the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Torghast crap and any of the alternative power? Pure trash. The content is awful and that isnt something debatable.
    It by definition of being an opinion is debatable.
    The hammer comes down:

This forum is content of the site. You interact and engage with it. The post count and the wacky titles for post counts are the rewards if that helps you understand it.

In wow content is secondary to you over a sense of accomplishment via rewards.
    Exactly. The posts are the content on the site. The web design isn't, that's just how the content is presented.

This forum is a microcosm of a microcosm. It barely represents the community as a whole, as the community as a whole could be fucked to post on forums. Much less unofficial fansite forums.

As of late, it seems like it's less about discussion and more about finding other people to validate whatever negative, cynical opinion you have about the game. People don't want to talk about problems and how to improve them, they want to get warm and fuzzies from internet strangers for making the scathing observation that Blizzard is, in fact, a for-profit organization and post memes about Bobby Kotick's yacht. It seems to have become even worse as of yet as YouTube content creators like Bellular are stoking negativity within the community to a fever pitch. I've noticed a bit of pushback from some parts of the community who are finally getting fed up of seeing the same 0 IQ takes being posted ad infinitum but it serves as a stark irony that one of the most positive WoW communities on the internet right now is r/wowcirclejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This forum is a microcosm of a microcosm. It barely represents the community as a whole, as the community as a whole could be fucked to post on forums. Much less unofficial fansite forums.

As of late, it seems like it's less about discussion and more about finding other people to validate whatever negative, cynical opinion you have about the game. People don't want to talk about problems and how to improve them, they want to get warm and fuzzies from internet strangers for making the scathing observation that Blizzard is, in fact, a for-profit organization and post memes about Bobby Kotick's yacht. It seems to have become even worse as of yet as YouTube content creators like Bellular are stoking negativity within the community to a fever pitch. I've noticed a bit of pushback from some parts of the community who are finally getting fed up of seeing the same 0 IQ takes being posted ad infinitum but it serves as a stark irony that one of the most positive WoW communities on the internet right now is r/wowcirclejerk.
    Why is it people spam " for profit " to defend things?

If people painted fruit to look fresher would you scream free market about that too?

Blizzard for example is on the record of saying the reason we didnt get another mage tower is because there isn't a reward for it yet...

Such a waste.
    And there's a reason for that. When the mage tower was about very very few people actually enjoyed it until they were antorus geared able to basically make the bosses inside it melt.

Not just that but the vast majority of people in wow won't lift a finger if there isn't a reward for doing something. Next to nobody has ever played wow for the sake of just playing it, they mostly go "What shit can I get from it." hell I'd say of those that won't do anything unless there's a reward. The vast majority of that group wouldn't even log in if whatever they did ends up not giving a power reward.

That's why Ion said what he did. What's the point of making something if no one does it. People aren't playing for "fun." they're playing to shove their epeen down the throats of others. And thus content comes in two modes. No reward, so therefore exists. Has power reward and therefore in their mind is a forced chore. There is no in-between.

Just getting gear from raid drops is actually enough to progress mathematically through the raids. But you see in this forum and from the rage baiters on youtube how players are forced to pick the "best" covenant. Forced to get the right leggo, and now forced once again to get a new leggo. Hell, we've literally had posters who have even said they'd figuratively kill themselves (their words not mine) if they didn't have a chance to orange parse because their ego couldn't handle a purple. Let alone a grey which is enough to win the game (winning is killing the end boss)

Why is it people spam " for profit " to defend things?

If people painted fruit to look fresher would you scream free market about that too?
    What am I defending? My post is a rebuke of boring cynicism, not a defense of what Blizzard is or isn't doing.

What am I defending? My post is a rebuke of boring cynicism, not a defense of what Blizzard is or isn't doing.
    It just seems a pointless awnser. Now granted so is complaining in general so fair is fair. I just can't really understand the mentality of people who just want numbers to go up. What is it about wow that draws them?

I don't get what is fun about spending a month grinding boring content to do harder content. In my head gearing should be an afternoon of mythics 15s followed by a few mythic bosses. From start to finish a baby toon should be full mythic ready in... I would say 8 hours played at cap give or take. I can't really fathom why people would want it to take longer if you have the skill for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I do not enjoy WoW's content anymore, and I have unsubbed, with no plans to ever return.

Story is lackluster, classes feel samey, and the community is real garbage.
    Here is something to believe in!

It just seems a pointless awnser. Now granted so is complaining in general so fair is fair. I just can't really understand the mentality of people who just want numbers to go up. What is it about wow that draws them?

I don't get what is fun about spending a month grinding boring content to do harder content. In my head gearing should be an afternoon of mythics 15s followed by a few mythic bosses. From start to finish a baby toon should be full mythic ready in... I would say 8 hours played at cap give or take. I can't really fathom why people would want it to take longer if you have the skill for it.
    Because if that were possible you'd see just as many people complaining that there's "nothing to do." And honestly, that probably leads to much faster attrition than how it is right now. It's not perfect but nothing in this world ever is.

Because if that were possible you'd see just as many people complaining that there's "nothing to do." And honestly, that probably leads to much faster attrition than how it is right now. It's not perfect but nothing in this world ever is.
    I've never really met anyone on the offical forums at least that complained about having nothing to do that actually had nothing to do... most didn't have lfr completed much less heroic.

If blizzard is trying to catch and keep those players they are going to waste their time chasing phantoms and never accomplishing anything.