Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Cosmetics, and make the WoW Token only be able to buy cosmetics and Game Time.

But yeah, basically anything that would grant an advantage in gearing? Out.

Maybe keep Character Boosts as the issue IMO is skipping the high level content for gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    cashshop in game with monlthy sub for me seems like joke already. I dont really understand why wow still has sub if other games are f2p and better developed than wow
    Yet to hear the FF train, it's perfectly fine for that game to do the same thing and will bend over backward to make excuses for it having the very. same. thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

i'm paying a sub. there should be no shop, besides character services to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    None in a B2P+sub based game+paid services? Why would anyone here want??? You literally get a worse game by wanting a shop, i fail to see a single benefit for it for us consumers.
    Lvl boosts? Gee maybe fix the game so the earlier levels are not just a shitty wall you need to hop over to reach the ''fun'' part.
    Cosmetics? Yeah i bet it feels real good to swipe that credit card for them as opposed to playing the game and earning them within it.
    Tokens? Maybe fix the botting problem/economy so normal human beings can earn gold at a reasonable pace themselves.
    In a F2P game cosmetics are fine, and other similar non-power related things since they need to make money somehow but not in a f***ing B2P+sub based game.
    based.
    /10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, we all have experience in both paid and free online games.

The reason why I love Diablo 3 and hate Path of Exile (which is an ok game) is the fact that PoE is a F2P game with a crash shop. Which is not invasive, but the problem is, their cash shop is mainly cosmetic which leads to in game drops looking like shit.
    I'd rather pay a monthy fee in PoE and get all the cool looking stuff drop in game than a F2P game where I feel robbed of game features.

So for me, no cosmetics, except mounts, pets etc. It's fine the way it is. I wouldn't want it any other way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Yet to hear the FF train, it's perfectly fine for that game to do the same thing and will bend over backward to make excuses for it having the very. same. thing.
    i dont play ff. I said why wow has sub if it offers less content than f2p games or b2p? back then it was because there wasnt any cash shop etc. it was clear game from that shit, now we have cashshop, bots, no content. Seriously besaide expansion in 2 years they made 2 PATCHES 8.3 and 9.1 which shouldnt happen with game based on monthly sub

You shouldn't cope with wow's problems by bringing up other more successful games.

5+ Year Old Account
    Other people derailing WoW threads with random comments about 14 doesn't mean that you should be doing the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why are people asking for a single level boost for $5-10? Are you that broken and hollow inside?

I saw somebody yesterday say it pretty well, "Imagine paying somebody to skip the game for you that you pay a monthly sub for"

It's like some of you like being taken a fool for and taken advantage of.
    Meh honestly leveling is always a hassle from level 1. I like it on my maxed toons for every new expansion... but everything below doesn't make sense and is boring and empty. Leveling is, after oyu have done it a few times, running the same dungeons again and again and again.
    Endgame is the game for me.

For it would be more like paying someone to skip the path to the game itself that is actual fun.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every in-game item should be on cash shop, with dynamic pricing based on credit score. Screw them poor folks and people with bad credit.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Just as much as in FFXIV? Honestly, from Korean perspective I think WoW should sell more cash items including transmogs, QoL services and others. Even so, WoW would cost still less money than Korean mmos.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    None in a B2P+sub based game+paid services? Why would anyone here want??? You literally get a worse game by wanting a shop, i fail to see a single benefit for it for us consumers.
    The benefit is that a game with less than half the subscribers it had a few years ago continues to enjoy the backing of the developer without placing an additional cost burden on the rest of us.

As I see it, there were 2 options available if we wanted to see WoW continue. Accept the cash shop or double our subscription rates. Of those I choose the former.

Lvl boosts? Gee maybe fix the game so the earlier levels are not just a shitty wall you need to hop over to reach the ''fun'' part.
    You miss the point entirely. Levelling (1-50) is legacy content that everyone playing this game for any notable period of time (which is the vast majority of the playerbase) has already completed, almost all of us multiple times. It continues to exist in the game because, like most legacy content, there are many players who still enjoy going through it again. However, also with most legacy content, there is a significant portion of the playerbase that has zero desire to revisit it.

Simply put, given the above context, forcing a player to devote time and energy to repeating this content if all they want is to switch to a different class is silly. Giving players the option to buy the boost hurts no one. Where exactly is the problem?

Cosmetics? Yeah i bet it feels real good to swipe that credit card for them as opposed to playing the game and earning them within it.
    Player choice. Each unto their own. Again, this really hurts no one.

Tokens? Maybe fix the botting problem/economy so normal human beings can earn gold at a reasonable pace themselves.
    While I agree completely that more needs to be done to address botting, doing so wouldn't invalidate the purpose of tokens.

In a F2P game cosmetics are fine, and other similar non-power related things since they need to make money somehow but not in a f***ing B2P+sub based game.
    You - and those who co-exist with you in your little echo chamber - need to get over this silly notion. This game has found itself in a financial predicament due to lower subscriber numbers. They needed to find additional revenue streams if the game was going to continue to exist. If you're going to demand the removal of the shop, then at least offer viable alternatives instead of trying to deny that the problem exists.

And honestly, as long as the stuff offered on the shop continues to be entirely optional in order for us to enjoy the game and play competitively, I don't see the problem. No one is forcing you to spend a cent in the shop. And instead of being resentful of the people who do spend money on the shop, be thankful that they are providing the funding so that you don't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    You shouldn't cope with wow's problems by bringing up other more successful games.
    Can we all just agree to stop with this puerile sniping at each others' games?

Blizzard sanctioned mythic guilds that provide amazing carry content through raids.