Question MMO in a Light Novel that sounds godly, is actually trash in real world?

Hey!

I wasn't sure where to post this so i put it here.

We have seen many different types of games pictured in movies and tv series in recent years. The one i was particularly attached to was the one in very popular Chinese light novel. Some of the ideas the writer presented were very innovative and made just reading the story very fun. But when i thought what real gamers in our society would think of them, i shuddered.

"No way this type of game would ever be so popular if made today" , i thought. So now i'm here, posting those designs here in hoping for feedback and lots, lots of roasting.

First post:

The game can be categorized as Full Loot MMOARPG with heavy emphasis on PVP. It uses first person- view with mouse & keyboard. Player can make only one character per account and can't change classes midway. Game uses Action combat like TERA or BDO.

I'll post more later. Thanks for viewing.

What this have to do with world of Warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    Hey!

I wasn't sure where to post this so i put it here.

We have seen many different types of games pictured in movies and tv series in recent years. The one i was particularly attached to was the one in very popular Chinese light novel. Some of the ideas the writer presented were very innovative and made just reading the story very fun. But when i thought what real gamers in our society would think of them, i shuddered.

"No way this type of game would ever be so popular if made today" , i thought. So now i'm here, posting those designs here in hoping for feedback and lots, lots of roasting.

First post:

The game can be categorized as Full Loot MMOARPG with heavy emphasis on PVP. It uses first person- view with mouse & keyboard. Player can make only one character per account and can't change classes midway. Game uses Action combat like TERA or BDO.

I'll post more later. Thanks for viewing.
    Eeeh.. This is about? If you wanted to blog, I am sure there is other places.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What does this have to do with WoW? And what a barebones description of what the book entails.

Locking players to a single character and class sounds like a terrible idea though. People would just get multiple accounts if the game ended up being somehow good.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    What does this have to do with WoW? And what a barebones description of what the book entails.

Locking players to a single character and class sounds like a terrible idea though. People would just get multiple accounts if the game ended up being somehow good.
    I really should have mentioned this in the first post. I thought of sharing some of the ideas used in the book to hear if they could be used in WoW.

Oh, and about those accounts, in the book people have stacks of empty accounts in their desk drawers to be used in need. Accounts can be bought and sold pretty easily because no personal info transfers with it. They are stored to a credit card- like card that is inserted to a reader beside a pc. It also serves as an authenticator.
    After logging in to game you can use the account stored to the card in the reader. Book doesn't specify a payment method or price of an account but i guess they are cheap.

Second post:

Outside of villages and cities, you can kill any player if you want, but doing so gives you restrictions that fade away in time. You can't talk to npcs and guards may attack you in sight. The more you kill the longer it takes. Demerits from being killed are also quite harsh: you lose 10% of your exp and there is a small chance of your equipment being dropped. Being killed by npcs also gives these penalties. Respawn points are found only in villages.

I'm not sure what this is, but this isn't a subforum for a blog about game design and theoretical discussions of MMOs, even if you want to base it off a piece of media. If you wish to discuss a piece of media (TV, Cinema, Music, etc) feel free to make a thread on that particular piece of media. Closing.