Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    2022 and still don't understand that store items are produced by an associate team
    Yeah, you're right. They probably do that work for free, and its not like they could be working on heritage armor. You're totally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Tbf, they never said they there were any ARs coming in Shadowlands. Actually they said the opposite.

But heritage armor and Brawler's Guild were promised to come back in SL but were cut. So obviously there were some casualties in their mismanagement and turmoil.
    Both is true and I agree. I still think those things are fire and forget features. They might bring them back when they are in dire need to deliver something, but it's somewhere very very low on the priority list and is hidden in a drawer that's named "EMERGENCY PLAN".
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Wasn't heritage armor originally an Allied Race-only thing until people pointed out how it was such a good idea that the original races should have it as well? I can't imagine they would abandon that permanently since it was agreed to be a great idea, but how much they have stretched it out has certainly been frustrating. This is why I hate when group-based things are done piecemeal instead of waiting to be done all at once. It creates the opportunity to put it off and risk eventually leaving someone in the dust. By coincidence my favorite non-Allied Race alts are races that haven't gotten Heritage Armor yet, which makes me especially aware of not being lucky enough to have been done already.

I don't consider the Warfront armor to be replacements. They're thematically similar from a visual perspective, but there is plenty of other racial armor in the game for some races. As I see it, there are two major things that are core to what make Heritage Armor special:
    1) They (or at least the questlines) are granted purely on hitting a level threshold. This makes them evergreen. You don't have to get lucky about your character's own heritage, so it represents that character's heritage, not the player's prestige or anything. Warfront armor drops are almost the most inconsistent RNG in the game.
    2) They can be used on any class. This is important because it means you can get the classic flavor of your race no matter your class. This also allows more creative looks without breaking the lore. Also, Leather has the two most iconic Night Elven classes, druid and demon hunter, but I think the Leather Darkshore Warfront Armor is the weakest when it comes to selling the night elf "fantasy". That's subjective to a point, but I guarantee a true night elf Heritage Armor would not be designed the same way as that leather, even if that leather never happened (obviously they'd avoid that now because it does exist).

As a pet peeve when it comes to what definitely has happened with Heritage Armor, I kinda hate that they're tied to questlines. It's part of something I've been calling "story bloat". Even when we get something obvious that needs no explanation, like a race's iconic appearance, there's still a compulsion to "explain" it. I'm a lore fan, but I don't need literally everything to turn into a story. It reminds me of how voice acting in games is pushed as a strictly positive thing, but often restricts the story and prevents the writers from fixing things if lines have already been recorded. The story does seem in part to be why the remaining Heritage Armors have been held back, and I just find that to be unnecessary. Go ahead and add side quests about the races when something crucial happens to them. In fact, we could probably use a lot more of that sort of thing. But don't hold something like Heritage Armor hostage for it.
    Yes, you are totally right about the difference between Heritage Armour and BfA Warfront sets. But I kinda disagree about the questline for getting the HA.
    I find this OK if its purely story. I have really enjoyed travelling with Lor'themar on my BE main. Though I do not mind having AR getting their sets just by hitting level 50. That's enough of a time investment already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I hope the Night Elf heritage armor sets look like the Sentinel ones.. would be so cool.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    So they have one team that makes cash shop armour and another team that makes in game armour is what you think is going on? You think a team can't work on more than one thing? I mean how long can it take to make a set of armour?
    That’s what they said years ago the cash shop had its own separate team though who knows if it stayed like that.

As for making a set of armour it’s likely a couple work days worth of hours for a single one given that they need concept artist to come up with the sets then people to do models and textures and animators if they have any moving bits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Considering the warfront sets are unobtainable at level 51+..... I wouldnt say so.
    you can still do warfronts and get there set's at 60 though it's a pain in the ass.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It is almost like this stuff takes time...oh and they have seperate teams for everything.

Their is most likely 1 or 2 people currently working on heritage armour. This stuff takes time to do. Not just something you can do over a weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

2022 and do not understand that each aspect of the game has seperate members and teams. Do you honestly think that every member of the blizz team all works on the same thing?

You have people working on systems
    You have people working on raid encounters
    You have people working on tier gear

Than you have people
    Working on mounts
    Working on the look of tier gear
    Working on heritage armour

All aspects are seperated on different groups.
    so who the hell is working on heitage armours? cuz i havent seen them for too long but mounts in is of course they are and they will be even more. Stop justify that they are greedy and they focus more on milking cows like u instead of creating new content to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    When are we getting the rest of em?
    They forgot to do them between a raperino and a drunkerino during work time.

But surely some mmo c shill will come and explain that ASKTHUALLY ion never said that we were getting heritage amor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    2022 and still don't understand that store items are produced by an associate team
    Absolutely false + ma che cazzo dici

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    so who the hell is working on heitage armours? cuz i havent seen them for too long but mounts in is of course they are and they will be even more. Stop justify that they are greedy and they focus more on milking cows like u instead of creating new content to the game
    Yes, how dare a company make items to sell to its customers. Also, you might want to check your entitlement. We are not entitled to ever get new content added to the game. Is it good business? Yes. Are we owed it? No. We pay our sub to play the game as is, and we have no more expectations than that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    Heritage armour for Humans, Night Elves, Draenei, Pandaren, Orc, Undead and Troll are not yet in the game.

One could argue that the Warfront sets represent the sets for Humans, Night Elves, Orc and Undead...I hope not because I would love even more race-specific sets. I love the one for my Tauren.
    I was gonna say that the warfront gear fits but it really doesnt, those might be racially themed sets but they are available to everyone.

also the warfront gear requires farming.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yes, how dare a company make items to sell to its customers. Also, you might want to check your entitlement. We are not entitled to ever get new content added to the game. Is it good business? Yes. Are we owed it? No. We pay our sub to play the game as is, and we have no more expectations than that.

What a nice brand licker we have there.

We pay for the game and for a subs, and if there is no content for X months which doesn't reflect the money I am spending monthly I can criticize them.

Especially if they are making store items for whales like you instead of making content to reflect my sub value.

So I am entitled to criticize them and cut my subs, and still I can criticize them how much I fucking want, welcome to capitalism.
    Last edited by TBCCLOL; 2022-01-24 at 10:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Considering the warfront sets are unobtainable at level 51+..... I wouldnt say so.
    You can still get some of the pieces from the dailies in Darkshore/Arathi but yes, as long as Blizz won't allow solo queue then they really don't count for those who haven't acquired them yet. I am still missing a few pieces for some armor types.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    What a nice brand licker we have there.

We pay for the game and for a subs, and if there is no content for X months which doesn't reflect the money I am spending monthly I can criticize them.

Especially if they are making store items for whales like you instead of making content to reflect my sub value.

So I am entitled to criticize them and cut my subs, and still I can criticize them how much I fucking want, welcome to capitalism.
    Yes, you're entitled to cut your sub. You're not entitled to demand more than you're entitled to, which is the game as is. There's a difference. It's like going to a fancy hotel and complaining that you don't get all you can drink liquor at the bar when your ticket only covers room service. It's not part of what you're paying for and you look like an ass for demanding it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yes, you're entitled to cut your sub. You're not entitled to demand more than you're entitled to, which is the game as is. There's a difference. It's like going to a fancy hotel and complaining that you don't get all you can drink liquor at the bar when your ticket only covers room service. It's not part of what you're paying for and you look like an ass for demanding it.
    Absolutely no?

I pay the hotel with the first payment aka the expansion

Then if I pay a subs is for the extra, no extra? Well unlucky gonna to another hotel