Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Mind spike is ok for single target but with it aoe is burned to the ground. Mind seer 1min CD and shadow crash main ability ? So you want to replace those spells lol? This change nothin except spell names tbh. I do like actual gameplay.
    shadow crash is an instant aoe nuke that applies dots, sear is a channeled aoe that summons appiritions.
    We need access to reliable dot spread at any given time a LOT more than we need more apparitions, a big number pump button though is fine as a CD.

It actually changes everything since it means you can easily apply dots at any point to a group and it takes shadow crash out of the single target rotation while bringing VT back into it, giving them both clear use cases instead of having them overlap.

alternatively you could make mind sear spread dots and shadow crash spawn appirations and it would probably be equivalent but i think having a chunky bolt that spreads dots is a better spender than a ticking channel that spawns ghosts. Dot spreading in aoe is a big sore point for shadows aoe, this would clean it up massively

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    shadow crash is an instant aoe nuke that applies dots, sear is a channeled aoe that summons appiritions.
    We need access to reliable dot spread at any given time a LOT more than we need more apparitions, a big number pump button though is fine as a CD.

It actually changes everything since it means you can easily apply dots at any point to a group and it takes shadow crash out of the single target rotation while bringing VT back into it, giving them both clear use cases instead of having them overlap.

alternatively you could make mind sear spread dots and shadow crash spawn appirations and it would probably be equivalent but i think having a chunky bolt that spreads dots is a better spender than a ticking channel that spawns ghosts. Dot spreading in aoe is a big sore point for shadows aoe, this would clean it up massively
    Mind seer could just spread on those not have it. I do feel you. Spreading dots is an issue sometimes when pull is on goin and crash is on CD. I like the place of shadow crash and mind seer. Dot spreading is OK but not perfect.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-01-02 at 08:41 AM.

I think the only remaining issue is DoT spreading. Shadow Crash was a good start but it's CD is too long. Not to mention that it is a ground targeted ability which is horrible. If it could be like the Unholy DK ability it would be totally fine. Target something in the middle of the pack and infect everything.

Nothing feels worse then mistargeting a Shadow Crash, you might as well stop dpssing for the entire CD.

Alternatively we could also finally gain the ability to target aoes on enemies directly. That would solve this issue very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I think the only remaining issue is DoT spreading. Shadow Crash was a good start but it's CD is too long. Not to mention that it is a ground targeted ability which is horrible. If it could be like the Unholy DK ability it would be totally fine. Target something in the middle of the pack and infect everything.

Nothing feels worse then mistargeting a Shadow Crash, you might as well stop dpssing for the entire CD.

Alternatively we could also finally gain the ability to target aoes on enemies directly. That would solve this issue very easily.
    I really don't understand Blizzard's resistance in letting us macro Targetting reticule AoE @target. They allowed us to do it @self, what's the hold up for @target?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post

We wont get a dot-all ability, because of all the interactions. Mastery, Screams of the Void, Nzoth, Yogg and Apparitions would mean that our AoE would be absolutely bonkers if we could dot everything at once. That would mean Mind Sear (and everything else) would have to be nerfed. Crash double dotting 8 targets on a 30 CD is already a vast improvement, gives us tons of AoE damage and greatly increases the fun you get from playing the spec as you spent little time manually multi-dotting.

The main Shadow issue is cluttered kit. We literally have two filler spells with prio depending on talent choices and situation.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-02-06 at 01:53 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.