Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This is one of the best changes I've seen in a while. So simple, but should be so helpful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, implement a policy with WOTLK Classic for this.

Boosts/GDKP/Etc go in their own Trade (Services) Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    sure but it will still cut down on the spam a lot as pretty much anyone who wants to make gold is boosting
    Won't see much of a change at all, just wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

If you think this new channel change anything u dont know how bots work

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Won't see much of a change at all, just wait.

thats just blatantly false,do you not understand that everyone is boosting?the averege guild or 3 friends boosting m+ wont risk getting banned,they will just use the new channel,heck they usualy have the same clients anyways

this wont affect the people boosting for rmt because yeah those people just use burner accounts,but saying it wont change AT ALL is crazy,when every guild i know,90%+ of my hundrets of ingame friends ALL BOOST for gold,every guild who is able to do it does it because it would be dumb not to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

i dont see why gdkp is lumped with this,its just a different loot system,its like saying ban people who wanna use free for all

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    This will change nothing....
    Except when advertising happens outside of the proper chat channels now they will ban groups of accounts and anyone boosting in those communities. They will punish everyone not just the one person now I can guarantee it. They will only have to set an example a few times and everyone will fall in line or lose their accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Agree, throwaway accounts will still spam /2
    BadBoy add on does a great job of blocking Gold Seller spam. This'll tackle player made spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    If I was a betting man, I'd say the latter, just because gold boosting is simply too profitable for Blizz due to the WoW token. Plus, gold-based boosting is a critical part of RWF, given the sheer amount of money groups need to compete. If they actually managed to successfully manage a full-out boosting ban, then RWF groups would have to heavily rely on sponsorships to buy out sheer volumes of WoW tokens.

Either way, though, I'm fine with this as a temp fix, though the continued normalization of boosting as a practice does leave a sour taste in my mouth.
    I'm betting on the latter as well. It's pretty unfortunate honestly, but I suppose it's a better solution to control it like the Token has if they want to keep it around. Obviously the better solution of the two is to devalue gold, remove the token and ban boosting altogether. But I doubt that'll happen anytime soon, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Except when advertising happens outside of the proper chat channels now they will ban groups of accounts and anyone boosting in those communities. They will punish everyone not just the one person now I can guarantee it. They will only have to set an example a few times and everyone will fall in line or lose their accounts.
    Lol no they wont, they 6 month ban people doing RMT , u really think they will do that?

15+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, on Tichondrius last night and Trade was very, very quiet. I was in Org for about 5-10 minutes and only saw 2 boost posts, and they were instantly pounced on. Obviously it's a new feature and we'll have to see how it plays out, but it was nice to not see the rolling spam for a change.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    If I was a betting man, I'd say the latter, just because gold boosting is simply too profitable for Blizz due to the WoW token. Plus, gold-based boosting is a critical part of RWF, given the sheer amount of money groups need to compete. If they actually managed to successfully manage a full-out boosting ban, then RWF groups would have to heavily rely on sponsorships to buy out sheer volumes of WoW tokens.

Either way, though, I'm fine with this as a temp fix, though the continued normalization of boosting as a practice does leave a sour taste in my mouth.
    The head, Mike, is involved in boosting. He is not going to see a problem with it, so don’t expect to see it addressed. It’s why I am leaning towards to stop playing. Guilds at the level I play at, are basically making boosting required to afford the BOEs and etc they want the group to have to secure our spots. I just don’t have the time for that. Stuck in that place of being good enough to compete, but not enough time to meet the increasingly higher demands.

Going more casual would just bore me, so better to quit I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by anveena View Post
    instead of gold selling adverts you've had several years of /2 consistently being just boosting communities spamming 24/7/365. such a great experience.
    Gold selling is bad but pedophilia is fine? You're words kiddie fucker.