Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Do I trust it? No. But I do see that possibility that it is correct. This expansion is very light on content compared to the past 3 expansions. There are no new systems that need in depth testing. Legion had class halls, artifacts, a new honor system, equalized pvp stats, major class changes like survival becoming a melee class, and the introduction of mythic +. BFA had azerite armor, communities, a different experience for both factions with leveling and the war campaign, war mode, warfronts and the updated zone to go with it, and island expeditions. Shadowlands had Torghast, Covenants, Soulbinds, conduits, legendaries, and renown system. So far all we are getting the DF is new talents, dragon riding, profession revamp, and a new class.

The new talents and class are getting the most in-depth testing currently because they allowed those who will give them constructive feedback into Alpha. Beta is hardly tested by the masses which means the next time they will get this much feedback is probably pre-patch when people actually log in to try out the changes. Plus any major balance changes really take place the first week of mythic raiding because that's when they have enough information to actually do real balance changes. Dragon Riding really doesn't need that much testing. The profession revamp really doesn't need to be perfect at launch, that can easily be tinkered with post launch. Even raid testing doesn't need to happen before pre-patch. The beta will continue and they can then open the PTR to raid test post launch. so really there is no need for an extensive beta cycle and the end of November is very likely because of it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Hmm.. Its not outside the realm of possibility, it would make sense for it to be released before Christmas so that they can ensure that it is all hands on deck without encroaching on the christmas holidays, even if American work culture isn't nearly as lenient when it comes to actual time off in the holiday seasons.

I do however believe that season 1 of DF wont start until January, not so much as to not "force" WF raiders to skip out on spending time with their family and loved ones during Christmas, but more so that they are all back in full force to handle hotfixes and whatnot for when Mythic+ and Mythic difficulty becomes available.
    I thought that the world wide release could've been prepatch maybe but yeah that was only because the raid would release Dec 13 (mythic Dec 20) based on the standard 2 weeks of levelling time. starting a world first race 5 days before Christmas? yeah probably not a good idea. a more relaxed levelling period would be nice to be honest; if the raid releases Jan 3 for normal and heroic and Jan 10 for mythic/lfr then that would fit a lot better. Hell

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    if the raid releases Jan 3 for normal and heroic and Jan 10 for mythic/lfr then that would fit a lot better. Hell
    It would, but it would also mean a good 5 weeks of no raid and no M+ season which given that DF is decidedly WITHOUT external systems to occupy your time would mean there's... fuck all to do over the holidays. On launch. A lame duck expansion launch is probably something they would absolutely want to avoid.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It would, but it would also mean a good 5 weeks of no raid and no M+ season which given that DF is decidedly WITHOUT external systems to occupy your time would mean there's... fuck all to do over the holidays. On launch. A lame duck expansion launch is probably something they would absolutely want to avoid.
    I have a feeling that whatever the adventure time is could be the solo/group endgame activity. but yeah, you're right... unless maybe they release normal & heroic on the 13th December but then hold off on the mythic release til the 27th? but then the same issue applies, so close to new years. I doubt the world first raiders would want to be raiding on NYE.

I am curious to see how they will handle it, doesn't seem like a release date of 28th November gives them many good options

I'm guessing it will be after fall classes start and closer to the first breaks of the year, its the best way they capture nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I do not like the idea of M+ing and raiding in December. Unless they draw out the start of DF S1 to January 3rd/4th.
    Raiding can wait until january. M+ is fine in december. Its not like the new raid will be gone after a few weeks. Its going to last 6+ months so to wait a couple of weeks in december aint the worst.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    been thinking about this. there's only really one option: standard 2 weeks for levelling, m+, normal/heroic/wing 1 of LFR opens Dec 13, mythic and wing 2 of lfr opens 3rd January. if they are absolutely sticking with the 28th Nov date and don't want to have extensive levelling time with no raid or m+ then that is the only way to really do it

I do not like the idea of M+ing