Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    "After this next expansion, they'll definitely start to work on a sequel or another MMO within the Warcraft IP. "

HAH. -.-
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That wow would not come to consoles, now it's not confirmed or anything but im 99% sure it will soon it's just a matter of time.
    Healing with "mouse over" on a console must be fun..
    Hi

That pandaria was a heavily requested thing by the community.

All player numbers, monk and pandaren character stats, friends lost etc during that expansion, the spike in players once WoD was announced and many other factors clearly showed how blizzard should not listen to the vocal minority.

That expansion hurt the feel, image and future of Warcraft so much, and it's probably the reason WoD was so broken and hollow, they had to rush so fast to get out of that expansion which had already lost 30-40% of the playerbase.

12 million to 7 million players in 2 years, shit was brutal, lost so many friends who were sick of it

10+ Year Old Account
    "Cata is the worst expansion."

WoD: Hold my beer.

I lost some friends in Cata due to how much classes changed, but lost everyone else in WoD. Made some new friends that never stuck, people just didn't play consistently after that. (including myself)

Also I thought that there would be a WoW2 by now. They have done a good job updating the game to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWalrus View Post
    That expansion hurt the feel, image and future of Warcraft so much, and it's probably the reason WoD was so broken and hollow, they had to rush so fast to get out of that expansion which had already lost 30-40% of the playerbase.
    WoD was rushed?
    Really? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    WoD was rushed?
    Really? Do tell.
    It was rushed, what exactly is the implication of your sarcasm?

10+ Year Old Account
    The absolute worst opinion I had regarding WoW was "esport game play could be cool"

Literally ruined the entire game when they tried to turn every faucet of the game into an esport.

"Legion is the turning point for WoW! Blizzard is back baby!"

Yeah... how foolish I was to think they'd be able to maintain quality expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    "Legion is the turning point for WoW! Blizzard is back baby!"

Yeah... how foolish I was to think they'd be able to maintain quality expansions.
    To be fair, we all felt like that.

Legion improved on literally everything in the game and added so much needed real expansions on lore, side stories and systems.

Unfortunately it dropped the ball with how little they did with Argus, but that's almost excusable considering how much else we got prior to that.

It really did feel as if Blizzard was returning to its glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWalrus View Post
    It was rushed, what exactly is the implication of your sarcasm?
    How long did it take to make the mission table? Oo, but I'm certain some might have thought that "selfie cam." Was a good idea.
    Maybe in the couple years following MoP they might have dropped the silly crap in lieu of something more substantial. They certainly lost plenty of subscribers after that debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I thought people who didn't enjoy the game would leave rather then spend close to multiple decades trying to change it into a different game.
    80% of mmo posters you mean ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InsightTimer37 View Post
    I thought WOW would be F2P by now. I am very surprised they manage to maintain so many active subscriptions considering how bad the game has turned. Let us hope DF redeems the story writing team, but I won't be holding my breath for that...
    because the majority of active subscribers doesn't care enough for the story to make dictate whether they will play or not.

Dragonflight looks great so far, and most likely will succeed, but there is no going back anymore. Blizzard burned so many people with Shadowlands and the all the bad stuff that came to light in the summer of '21. I mean this when I say, at best and liberal estimation that WoW could get is at least 4.9 million subs.

The days of WoTLK and Early Cataclysm glory is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Dragonflight looks great so far, and most likely will succeed, but there is no going back anymore. Blizzard burned so many people with Shadowlands and the all the bad stuff that came to light in the summer of '21. I mean this when I say, at best and liberal estimation that WoW could get is at least 4.9 million subs.

The days of WoTLK and Early Cataclysm glory is over.
    So with your estimate it would be the most successful western MMORPG by a very wide margin. How much glory do you want? Why are people even measuring how good WoW is by it's subscribers? The average WoW player couldn't care less about story or how changes will affect them in mythic raiding or +29 keys. If you got KSM you're already in the top 25% of players. So if you want to drive up numbers Blizzard should (and I guess they have tried to) listen to the average player (who isn't even on forums). Also every WoW player talks trash about the game online, not really enticing for new/returning players.