Poll: Should more classes have ranged and tank specs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I reckon a good opportunity for a class with a ranged dps spec and a tank spec would be tinkers. The tank spec would have you in a mech that makes you nice and tanky, and the ranged spec would be all guns and turrets and gizmos and stuff. I reckon it could also accommodate a healing spec shooting people with syringes of combat stims.

Honestly fuck tanking m+ regardless of the tanking class itself, but having some mix of range and tank sounds cool.

Someone mentioned tinker already? Good.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

We need support to be a new role. The game could use a little bit of change to the meta and having a role that does short powerful buffs on moderate cooldowns and can still put out decent damage or healing would be sick.

Honestly they wouldn't even necessarily need a new class for that it could be a feature they add to existing classes.

I always thought they should take classes that have redundant damage specs and convert them into tank or healer specs. The "pure" DPS classes, Rogue, Mage, Warlock, and Hunter could have one of their 3 specs converted in particular. Most of the time one of their 3 specs is at the bottom of both PVP ladders and PVE rankings anyway. What sense does it make to have 3 damage specs if 1 of them is completely useless a good chunk of the time?
    You know the thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I believe the inevitable Tinker class will fill that niche. The WC3 and HotS versions of the concept have ranged DPS abilities and the ultimate has tank qualities.
    Tinkers could have 4 specs tbh, but they must have 3.

Tank, healer, rdps. Whether we get a mdps spec or not is up in the air, but it would be cool. Imagine a boxing robot suit lol.

I don't think pure dps classes should have more than one specialization. They should have more unique talent trees in the sense that you could have a 50% BM/MM Hunter or a 33/22/45 Rogue etc.
    The newcoming dflight talent system looks fun and perfect for hybrid classes, as a purist however, it looks very boring, and in many cases you'll have less combat variety than you do currently in shadowlands... yes you have choices in talents, more so than shadowlands but raw abilities you can use at once is a net loss no matter how you spin it shadowlands vs. dflight, which feels wrong for pure dps, as an option going forward.

You know who'd be able to Tank and Ranged DPS? The Dark Ranger and Dark Warden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    "Inevitable" my ass. Blizzard would rather pull a class like Evokers out of their ass than implement a "much requested" class like Tinker.
    A dragon class based on the dragon aspects was also a highly requested class.

We need more bow users anyway.