Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I have no idea who that is.
    Doesn't matter though; large mouths moving absurdly fast looks silly precisely because it clashes so hard with how reality works.

In that sense telepathy is a much more elegant workaround.
    That's Smaug from The Hobbit movies. He has a whole monologue https://youtu.be/QxYHkKLaFmY

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    That's Smaug from The Hobbit movies. He has a whole monologue https://youtu.be/QxYHkKLaFmY
    Ah, i hadn't recognised him.
    Now that i ser his animation in isolation i do feel that it strengthens my points though: His mouth is shaped rather unfamiliarly so as to evoke that alien-ness of his speech mechanisms,but even with that in mind it still looks somewhat silly when he speaks.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Blizzard retcons are always hilariously bad, the state of the writing department in this company is the biggest meme in the gaming industry.

So now Deathwing turned mad by the oldgods cause he needed to borrow their power to defeat a PROTODRAKE when he was a fully empowered dragon aspect empowered by the titans? lul

The protodrakes for 20+ years in the lore were mindless beasts, the titans gave them intelligence by empowering them. BUT NOW? I mean raszageth and the others seem quite intelligent? Hell she's even stronger than Alex, lol.

What a meme company. Their writing is so cliche it's the same shit we JUST DID? Person was imprisoned and wants revenge.... ooo cool, and I wouldn't be surprised if Wrathion turns evil in this expansion like his father, we beat him and he returns to being a good guy again Typical writing in wow.
    To be fair, these Proto-drakes signed on with the Elemental Lords to gain their power. They were as powerful as the Aspects, as they were essentially Aspects of the Elements.

but yes, Blizzard's tendency to ret-con or ad-con extremely poorly has hurt the game deeply.

I dislike ret-cons entirely, but ad-con (additional continuity of which we were simply not aware and does not invalidate pervious lore) can be just fine if it isn't bungled like Blizzard routinely does.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    To be fair, these Proto-drakes signed on with the Elemental Lords to gain their power. They were as powerful as the Aspects, as they were essentially Aspects of the Elements.

but yes, Blizzard's tendency to ret-con or ad-con extremely poorly has hurt the game deeply.

I dislike ret-cons entirely, but ad-con (additional continuity of which we were simply not aware and does not invalidate pervious lore) can be just fine if it isn't bungled like Blizzard routinely does.
    Where does it say they got there power from the elemental lords? The lord were locked up years before protodrakes even existed.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.