10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Demon Hunters only having two specs makes them feel like the odd man out now and a relic of Legion's focus on slimming down the classes. Hero talents feels like it may be locking that in; if they added a third spec, it'd also need a new hero talent tree for it and for one of the other specs to swap places with one of their hero trees so every spec has access to two. The workload will be much higher than it is now.

In a similar vein, I think Evokers aren't being released to any other races for a long time, if ever, with the hero trees all placing so much focus on the dracthyr elements and their racials.
    Yeah, it’s really interesting that Blizzard couldn’t up with a third spec for Demon Hunters. I thought for sure they would have came up with SOMETHING by this point.

That said, thanks to the hero talents, if Blizzard is bringing in a new spec mid expansion, the only way they can do it is with a new class mid expansion. I will stress that it’s unlikely but not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, it’s really interesting that Blizzard couldn’t up with a third spec for Demon Hunters. I thought for sure they would have came up with SOMETHING by this point.

That said, thanks to the hero talents, if Blizzard is bringing in a new spec mid expansion, the only way they can do it is with a new class mid expansion. I will stress that it’s unlikely but not out of the question.
    If there is a new support spec it's probably in the Midnight/TLT class and the usual suspects fit the bill (Void/Mechanical both have plenty of ways to do it )

something something voidsong buffs
    Last edited by Cheezits; Yesterday at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    I’m hoping that pirates have stumbled across some antiquated titan tech and have repurposed it for raiding and pillaging.

Alerting us, the hero’s, that there’s a new threat/vulnerability to take care of, and many some new tech minded intrepid explorers could make use of an abundance of left over titan tech…
    I assume it relates to the promise of "Pirate seeking to plunder the Dragon Isle's bounty" mentioned in the DF reveal that, besides a few generic npcs in the forgotten reach, hasn't showed up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    If there is a new support spec it's probably in the Midnight/TLT class and the usual suspects fit the bill (Void/Mechanical both have plenty of ways to do it )

Honestly not a bad idea. Some sort of support spec with the intention of manipulating the Twisting Nether, just as parts of the Legion did. Completes DH specs, fits the xpac and fits the lore of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    Honestly not a bad idea. Some sort of support spec with the intention of manipulating the Twisting Nether, just as parts of the Legion did. Completes DH specs, fits the xpac and fits the lore of the class.
    It would work with DH but I was more thinking the inevitable void class they will introduce to pair against Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account

I know people are pining for a void class, but I simply don't see it. Gameplay-wise Void simply doesn't separate itself very strongly from Shadow magic in general. Heck, Shadow Priests had to go through multiple iterations before it felt somewhat different from Affliction, and frankly it still struggles with it to this day. An entirely new class utilizing Shadow/Void just doesn't seem feasible given existing gameplay constraints.

It'll be quite interesting to see how Voidweaver and Archon deal with the concept.

I know people are pining for a void class, but I simply don't see it. Gameplay-wise Void simply doesn't separate itself very strongly from Shadow magic in general. Heck, Shadow Priests had to go through multiple iterations before it felt somewhat different from Affliction, and frankly it still struggles with it to this day. An entirely new class utilizing Shadow/Void just doesn't seem feasible given existing gameplay constraints.

It'll be quite interesting to see how Voidweaver and Archon deal with the concept.
    Only one spec of a one class being tied to an entire magic force in WoW is silly. It's not like Necromancer vs DK, there's no other class or spec that taps into it save for Warlock Voidwalkers. Unless the focus is entirely on a new race in Midnight I expect a new class that uses Sarkareth style void magic.
    Last edited by Cheezits; Yesterday at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one spec of a one class being tied to an entire magic force in WoW is silly. It's not like Necromancer vs DK, there's no other class or spec that taps into it save for Warlock Voidwalkers. Unless the focus is entirely on a new race in Midnight I expect a new class that uses Sarkareth style void magic.
    Well gameplay-wise, what separates Void from Shadow magic? In other words, what's something cool this Void class could do that Shadow Priests or the other Shadow-based specs can't currently do?

Well gameplay-wise, what separates Void from Shadow magic? In other words, what's something cool this Void class could do that Shadow Priests or the other Shadow-based specs can't currently do?
    I think that'll be a big distinction they're going to try to make with Midnight. Void magic never felt cooler than the Shadowmoon in WoD. I can't imagine there's not something they can milk out of this newer cosmic emptiness they're giving it.