Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasperline View Post
    If that is how someone wishes to enjoy the game, let them. it's their bucks monthly to spend it the way they want, as others are saying they want. If people want to no-life, let them. It's playing at their pace. We all have different ways to get dopamine rushes, someone doing daily WQ and getting it shouldn't bother you at all. ^^.
    because the devs clearly balance progress around the total available from world quests. they assume everyone does them and set rewards accordingly. maybe if they increased the spawn for 10.0 it wouldn't hurt that much, but you can bet your !#@ that for 10.1 they'll take them into account when they put in the inevitable progression gates. also, a lot of things like professions, which is a big part of this xpac, are gated behind renown. it's not as optional as people are making it out to be. maybe if it was just xmogs, dragon customizations, and pets, but it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Let's try this: Just wait for the reset. You don't have do everything in the first week.

You have months to max it.
    Again, you're missing the point. At the rate it is now - you will need years to max it with casual play, not just "months".

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Again, you're missing the point. At the rate it is now - you will need years to max it with casual play, not just "months".
    Like adding daily WQs is going to help casual players... smh

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    With renown cap being 30 at the moment, and assuming we gain 7 renown levels from doing the baseline quests for each renown, and that a casual player does the Aiding the Accord weekly and all world quests, a casual player will gain 6000 rep per week(Aiding the accord gives 2k rep, and requires 4k rep to complete it) spread across the factions. If we assume that rep spread is even, then we can calculate it:

4 factions
    23 renown levels(30 cap - 7 baseline)

96 total renown levels
    2500 rep per level

230,000 total rep required
    6000 rep per week

39 weeks required to max out renown for a "casual" player, as defined above.

Even if we consider a worst case of starting every rep from level 1, it's still only 50 weeks to max out the renown.

Obviously the numbers will change if the casual player misses a weekly or WQs etc, but from what I've seen in the thread, I think the assumptions I put above are what everyone is working from.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Wrath had dozens of dailies. Sounds like you either have bad memory or you've developed a problem with self control since then.
    First of all, Wrath dailies were super-easy. They were taking 10 minutes per faction. Just ~3 easy and fun quests. Second - they weren't mandatory. They provided optional cosmetics. Did I need super-puper fishing rod for my character progression? No. May be toy? Nope. Green protodrake? Yeah, I needed it, but it wasn't mandatory for my character progression. That's why I completed all of this later. No FOMO. Great design. Enchants were required, but for raiding only. And even this requirement was caused by "elitism", because Blizzard themselves claimed, that top gems and enchants were required for HM raids only and everything else was doable without them.

Problem isn't with self-control. Problem is - what content is major kind of content, required for reaching my goal. Back when character progression on alts was tied to performing dungeon runs and pugging raids - dailies weren't so important. Problems started, when Blizzard decided to push all casuals out of dungeons and replace them with FOMO daily grinds.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-12-08 at 05:38 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Turns out they were
    I stand by the idea that real main reason Blizzard stepped back on the change was since in their on going internal discussions they realized people would hit renown 30 too quickly with the change unless they nerfed rep and they figured it was better to just go back on the change. What doesn't help is that now you have people who are 20+ from exploits who weren't rolled back and people who grinded the dirt piles are still going to have the renown far faster than any normal person and thus make any of the arguments about the professions moot anyway. Just saying it was reacting to player 'feedback' sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They have severe FOMO and feel compelled to log in every day because otherwise they'll "miss" the opportunity to get the maximum amount of reward.

Because it resets daily, they feel like they HAVE to do it daily or they'll "fall behind"

Has nothing to do with whether they enjoy them or not.

That said, I don't particularly specifically enjoy daily quests, but they do provide something "productive" to do while waiting in queue for random dungeons and stuff.
    The actual thing is here that WE ENJOY playing the game.
    Whimpering about OPTIONAL content...."i dont want to see it...wahh"...is pretty damned juvenile.
    My wanting to have content to do for the day means I like the game.
    Those who dont should have no voice at all

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDweller View Post
    The actual thing is here that WE ENJOY playing the game.
    So do I. Where did I ever infer that I don't? I just said I don't particularly like daily quests.

Whimpering about OPTIONAL content...."i dont want to see it...wahh"...is pretty damned juvenile.
    At no point did I say I don't want to see optional content like daily quests.

My wanting to have content to do for the day means I like the game.
    It's possible to dislike aspects of a game yet still enjoy and like it.

Those who dont should have no voice at all
    "If you're not a blind follower who enjoys the game exactly for what it is and has nothing bad to say about it, only then can you have a voice"

Fuck off. Criticism is what makes things BETTER, it's how things change, improve and get rid of things that don't work, that people don't like, etc...

This mentality that you HAVE to like every aspect of something to have a valid opinion of that thing is what's juvenile.